Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

7 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Just watched the highlights, and sorry to say, Kasper costs us yet again. He's been great for us, but if we want to be a consistent top team, we need a consistent top keeper, and Kasper simply isn't. Look at that 3rd goal today, it was a pissed Sunday League attempt at a save. Time to get Iversen back from Preston and give the lad a proper shot at the top, he's earned it from what I've seen. Mind you I've been calling for Kasper's head for bloody years, not a patch on Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Flowers - or Arphexad!

Kasper stars in adult movies too?!? 

Wait until I tell the wife this one …..

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Did you listen to the game on the radio?

Or watch it?

The 3rd goal he parried out right into opposition player.

The 6th he lets a player score a tap in a yard in front of him in the 6 yard box after just conceding a almost identical corner 20 minutes before.

No one is asking him to be Bruce  Grobbelaar but to command your 6 yard Box would be nice.

Is it too much to expect a goalkeeper to also organise defenders for set pieces?

Whilst the the defending is shambolic, to have the worst record in the league for conceding set pieces the GK also has to share responsibility for this. Half a season played clearly Indicates it’s not just a blip in form.

We don't know what is happening behind the scenes. The defence may be following strict instructions from the coaching staff, rather than from Kasper. 

Randomly blaming the keeper with no knowledge of what is happening is bizarre. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Bez said:

We don't know what is happening behind the scenes. The defence may be following strict instructions from the coaching staff, rather than from Kasper. 

Randomly blaming the keeper with no knowledge of what is happening is bizarre. 

I think this is an interesting point. On one hand I don’t think someone with Kaspers character would accept this standard from corners if he knew how to sort it himself. But conversely how long have we maintained zonal marking despite it not working for a while. Like today why are amartey and Vestergaard not marking Dias and Laporte? Whilst the runners were doing their best to give away a pen at every opportunity. Do the players have any input on how they defend corners because I couldn’t imagine schmeichel and evans being happy with a zonal system. I think the zonal system would suit a non confrontational player as well as it’s easy to pass blame if someone scores not in your area which could explain a lot about this group but then again maybe I’m over thinking it 😂

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think Schmeichel wants to come for crosses and get involved but if the management and coaching staff think differently then he can't do much about it.

bullshit he's the longest serving player, the captain and the starting goalkeeper if he wants to come off his line and claim a cross he can, imagine the reaction if he got dropped for doing that? Rodgers would be laughed out of the sport. We constantly blame the defence but at some point you also have to look at the keeper and maybe a keeper with a different approach is needed

• Like 4

The best and the worst of Kasper. Amongst the top five for shot stopping but alone as the worst in the PL for defending his box or frankly organising his defence (to protect him from his weaknesses).Which are not only obvious but exploited by the opposition game after game

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think Schmeichel wants to come for crosses and get involved but if the management and coaching staff think differently then he can't do much about it.

All the managers and coaches we’ve had in his time at the club didn’t want him to come for crosses then? 

It’s more noticeable now as we don’t seem to have defenders anymore desperate enough to keep the ball out. 

• Like 1

Contract runs out in 2023, think it would be logical to part ways then. Been a brilliant keeper for us and will be/is a legend of the club, but I think makes sense for all parties at the end of next season to go our seperate ways. What a bargain though, £1m and to be our number 1 for potentially 12 seasons, remarkable 

• Like 1

He’s been incredible for us. As a shot stopper he’s one of the best in the world. As a leader he’s been integral to the team spirit that has brought unprecedented success for Leicester City.

But unfortunately, right now, his one major weakness (an inability to come for crosses and corners) is being majorly exploited to the detriment of our team.

Is he finished? Not by a long shot. Would I be against giving Ward a go to see if the defensive record improves and set pieces stop being our Achilles heel? I’m probably in the ‘why not?’ camp now.

10 hours ago, thebluefox said:

All the managers and coaches we’ve had in his time at the club didn’t want him to come for crosses then? 

It’s more noticeable now as we don’t seem to have defenders anymore desperate enough to keep the ball out. 

If it's true that Stowell is overseeing set-pieces and has done since Pearson's tenure then I reckon the managers are happy with the set-up.

I'm not hating on him. I love the guy. 

I'm just saying I'd expect a pro keeper to have a chance on at least 1 of 7 pens. 

I think Danny Ward would based on what I've seen. 

The parry out yesterday was really bad goalkeeping. And yes he made a really good save. But at that point it's already 4 nil. The damage has been done. 

The one thing I don't understand is after all that's gone on.....why not have a couple of defenders on the post? It would have stopped at least 1 goal yesterday and a few others this season. Just go back to basics. 

7 hours ago, frany104 said:

Been a great player for us and a fantastic servant. You can’t argue about the man himself. And what he’s achieved here but he’s massively on the slide. Time for a replacement. 

Still has credit in the bank for his two effectively F A Cup winning saves but is a liability at any set pieces.

On 27/12/2021 at 12:00, frany104 said:

Been a great player for us and a fantastic servant. You can’t argue about the man himself. And what he’s achieved here but he’s massively on the slide. Time for a replacement. 

I hate to agree with this post. Kasper is a legend, wears his heart on his sleeve for sure and has helped us no end throughout the years. 

I just hope he's going through a phase of shitness as he has before.