Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Very worrying only two keeps have had faced more shots and they are both sides near the bottom of the table.

Absolutely - Kasper's shot stopping has always been the best part of his game (although he has still  made some great saves this season). But considering his distribution - which has never improved - and his uncertainty with crosses, I do think it is time to look at other options. Reluctantly, I think it's time for Ward to be given a chance to become first choice keeper. 

3 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Absolutely - Kasper's shot stopping has always been the best part of his game (although he has still  made some great saves this season). But considering his distribution - which has never improved - and his uncertainty with crosses, I do think it is time to look at other options. Reluctantly, I think it's time for Ward to be given a chance to become first choice keeper. 

I don't understand why Rodgers is clearly still asking him to play out from the back to the wings and wide men when it's become crystal clear to everyone over the past couple of seasons that he cannot pass a ball to save his life. The only distribution he's ever been any good at was throws or long kicks on the counter attack to Jamie. He must have played 20+ passes into the stands this season and a couple I can think of that led to goals.

Massive kudos for the guy edging closer to 500 appearances for us and all he's achieved here but football clubs are built on competition for places and his performances this season have been those of a guy who thinks he has no competition, which is criminal with a £12M international keeper on the bench.

On 27/12/2021 at 22:36, Eskay said:

I'm not hating on him. I love the guy. 

I'm just saying I'd expect a pro keeper to have a chance on at least 1 of 7 pens. 

I think Danny Ward would based on what I've seen. 

The parry out yesterday was really bad goalkeeping. And yes he made a really good save. But at that point it's already 4 nil. The damage has been done. 

The one thing I don't understand is after all that's gone on.....why not have a couple of defenders on the post? It would have stopped at least 1 goal yesterday and a few others this season. Just go back to basics. 

Stick that up your arse!!!!

• Like 2

Okay, good save and well done. However, when asked whether he studied the upcoming opponents previous penalties he said he doesn’t. He just goes for it. I think that kind of attitude is where our defence goes wrong. Research your upcoming opponents. It is the simplest logic of football. It makes me wonder whether this is the issue we have when it comes to defending corners?

• Haha 1

Just now, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Okay, good save and well done. However, when asked whether he studied the upcoming opponents previous penalties he said he doesn’t. He just goes for it. I think that kind of attitude is where our defence goes wrong. Research your upcoming opponents. It is the simplest logic of football. It makes me wonder whether this is the issue we have when it comes to defending corners?

Are you really finding something to complain about after that performance?

The only negative with the penalty saves that he palms it back into play too much. See the Euro semi-final too.

Hopefully he won't have to face too many more but would help if he could get it away like he used to.

Other than that (even including that, to be fair), immense.

Ohhh how the doom and gloomers turn. Been one of the best keepers for years. But needs a settled defensive system in front of him. I’ve seen some outstanding keepers in my time. But he’s been incredible for us over many years long may we keep him . Definitely a Leicester legend 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

• Like 3