Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

Noticed his kicking was a lot better yesterday as well. 

Less low, driven kicks out, which can cause us problems, but more angled loopy kicks out to the side with greater distance where we could win the flick ones. It’s a less risky tactic and gives us more time to get back into shape is the opponent gets the ball. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 09:44, Father Ted said:

I think he needs a couple of games out. Sadly, if he was dropped, he would boot off, cry a lot and turn the dressing room sour (if it isn’t already).

On 27/12/2021 at 12:00, frany104 said:

Been a great player for us and a fantastic servant. You can’t argue about the man himself. And what he’s achieved here but he’s massively on the slide. Time for a replacement. 

Ok then... 

2 hours ago, frany104 said:

Well done on picking a post after 1 good game. If you look what’s been posted after that post you’ve quoted I’ve praised his performance last night. Don’t be a dick all your life

Highlight 1... "1 good game" Have you dismissed all his game changing saves during his time here?

Highlight 2... Disrespectful. I might have saved the life of one of your loved ones and you'd never have known it was me. Doesn't make me a "dick", does it?

I just happen to have a different view to you on KS. Does that warrant such a hostile response?

For me, he has been possibly the best keeper we've had since Shilton and Banks. That's going back a couple decades or more but who else would suggest is better? Who would you bring in to replace him right now? Peggy?

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Ohhhh……..

Didn't see Banks as before my time, but difficult to say as such a long time ago. 

Seen Shilton, Wallington, Walker, Cooper, Hodge, Pressman, Andrews, Pegguy, Keller, Flowes and Kirkland (plus any others, I might have missed)

Kasper for service and achievement is the top one, for me, and still can pull off remarkable saves like Tuesday night. 

👍

His time is nearly up and I think he knows it but his young countryman Iverson should be our man to take over. All the evidence is he has what we need. Maybe Ward can be persuaded to stick around to ease him in I don't know.

Edited by An Sionnach

14 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Didn't see Banks as before my time, but difficult to say as such a long time ago. 

Seen Shilton, Wallington, Walker, Cooper, Hodge, Pressman, Andrews, Pegguy, Keller, Flowes and Kirkland (plus any others, I might have missed)

Kasper for service and achievement is the top one, for me, and still can pull off remarkable saves like Tuesday night. 

👍

I'm still recovering form these two (and the 'other' Ricardo)

15 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

👍

I think we had about 5 different keepers during the League 1 season! 

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Documentary about Kasper being shown on ITV4 at 9PM on Tuesday 11th January

Ooops  sorry I missed this but I think it probably deserves a new thread as not everyone looks in the 'big' threads.

Went past Steve Walsh on the all time appearances list over the festive period.

Currently in 5th overall, 9 more appearances and he goes past Mark Wallington and Hughie Adock into 3rd overall.

452 games so far for a 1m is a pretty good return on investment.

• Like 2