Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/12/2021 at 15:50, moore_94 said:

Documentary about Kasper being shown on ITV4 at 9PM on Tuesday 11th January

Thanks for this, I would never have seen otherwise. And for anyone that has not seen the programme, it really is a  'must see', I wonder how he will be able to put his personal qualities to best use when he finishes playing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Thanks for this, I would never have seen otherwise. And for anyone that has not seen the programme, it really is a  'must see', I wonder how he will be able to put his personal qualities to best use when he finishes playing

Surely he's going to go into coaching? I could honestly see him being brilliant at it.

He's got the ego, he's fantastic with media and he's worked under a real variation tactics wise so he will have learned well. 

On 28/12/2021 at 22:08, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Okay, good save and well done. However, when asked whether he studied the upcoming opponents previous penalties he said he doesn’t. He just goes for it. I think that kind of attitude is where our defence goes wrong. Research your upcoming opponents. It is the simplest logic of football. It makes me wonder whether this is the issue we have when it comes to defending corners?

People need to sometimes take what players say with a pinch of salt.

On 29/12/2021 at 01:56, Rain King said:

Superb tonight. Still love him. This surprised me though.

Screenshot_20211229-015405_Scores.jpg

As it is most likely he does study penalty takers, maybe he identifies a movement they make when going one way or the other, some signal in their body language that gives him an idea as to where they’re going. Obviously he isn’t going to say what he’s spotted or how he does it as the penatly takers would change what they do. It’s a game of cat and mouse.

The mans a legend.

37 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Why did he start coming for it then stop? Just take the fcker out and take the red if you have to when theres 5 seconds left on the clock!!

Poor poor decision by Kasper. Bergwijn didn't touch the ball until it was on the edge of the box, Kasper would have easily got there first of he came for it.

However. Youri is more to blame and I like how Rodgers has publicly called him out for it

1 hour ago, Kierzz said:

Poor poor decision by Kasper. Bergwijn didn't touch the ball until it was on the edge of the box, Kasper would have easily got there first of he came for it.

However. Youri is more to blame and I like how Rodgers has publicly called him out for it

If you watch it back he actually steps back a little after coming towards the edge of the box for the 3rd goal, that small adjustment of not committing, stopped him from getting to the ball or player.

Also after conceding the second, Spurs players barged him out of the way grabbed the ball quickly from the net. Was a bit soft.

A bit of shithousery could’ve delayed the turnover to kick off for the final whistle.

• Like 2

To be fair, when was the last time Kaspar came and took a forward out (like Ederson does to Barnes every game!)?

He has always and still is a great shot stopper… but are his flaws increasing and becoming a detriment to our defence as a whole?

There's a story out today that Arsenal is in for US National Team keeper Matt Turner. As a New England Revolution supporter who's watched Turner a lot, Leicester should be making a move for him. He's as good a shot stopper as Kasper - and a heck of a lot more athletic. Also younger. Over the past two seasons he was continually bailed out a mediocre defense.  The only reason he didn't start the last WC qualifiers was the manager has a fetish for his ex keeper Stefan with Man City. Turner is the better keeper. He'd be an upgrade on Kasper, I'm convinced - and not that expensive - though Arsenal has put in a sizeable bid apparently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

There's a story out today that Arsenal is in for US National Team keeper Matt Turner. As a New England Revolution supporter who's watched Turner a lot, Leicester should be making a move for him. He's as good a shot stopper as Kasper - and a heck of a lot more athletic. Also younger. Over the past two seasons he was continually bailed out a mediocre defense.  The only reason he didn't start the last WC qualifiers was the manager has a fetish for his ex keeper Stefan with Man City. Turner is the better keeper. He'd be an upgrade on Kasper, I'm convinced - and not that expensive - though Arsenal has put in a sizeable bid apparently.

Bernd Leno and Ramsdale not enough for them it seems. What are they opening a goalkeeping academy or something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It just dawned on me - our defence is ramshackle at the best of times at the moment. So why in a game like yesterday play a keeper who will be largely unfamiliar with what is a ramshackle back line? It literally makes no sense whatsoever. We need all the stability we can get right now.

We also needed the only player we've got with a pair of bollocks. 

Funnily enough the same player 

• Like 1