Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Hamza being the second player you thought of just sums it up.

He comes across as being a quiet lad to me.

he might be quiet but doesn't mean he's gutless as a players, its pretty obvious that we lack players with a nasty side, Vardy and Hamza are the only 2 I can think of within the squad, they are just too nice

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he might be quiet but doesn't mean he's gutless as a players, its pretty obvious that we lack players with a nasty side, Vardy and Hamza are the only 2 I can think of within the squad, they are just too nice

I would say that Hamza is just a tough tackler. I don't think he has a nasty side at all.

Rudiger is the type of character we desperately need (obviously miles too good for us). The sort of lad that will two foot you if you insult one of his team mates.

While Kasper has made major clangers which have arguably cost us CL football two seasons in a row, he has delivered some incredible performances in high pressure games. 

In contrast, Soy time and time again just loses the plot when things start going against us. He has been at the heart of most of those capitulations, he needs to be benched.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

While Kasper has made major clangers which have arguably cost us CL football two seasons in a row, he has delivered some incredible performances in high pressure games. 

In contrast, Soy time and time again just loses the plot when things start going against us. He has been at the heart of most of those capitulations, he needs to be benched.

Kasper is still a top class keeper. 

Soy, was great but has lost his way, but I haven't given up on him as I feel there's a good player in there. 

I feel, in the right set up, he could still do a valuable job for us in the future. 

If he wants out, then that's different 

Guest Col city fan

I find it hard to believe that anyone is genuinely thinking that Kasper is a big part of our problems and would be happy to see him leave

He’s been playing behind Mickey Mouse defenders for ages… a very long time and he still pulls out save after save after save

God knows how many more goals we’d have conceded this season if he hadn’t made so many worldies

14 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Kasper is still a top class keeper. 

Soy, was great but has lost his way, but I haven't given up on him as I feel there's a good player in there. 

I feel, in the right set up, he could still do a valuable job for us in the future. 

If he wants out, then that's different 

Agree Soy has got the attributes of an excellent player and has shown it when he’s confident but his mental strength just isn’t there. I’ve rarely seen a player lose their head so often. 

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I find it hard to believe that anyone is genuinely thinking that Kasper is a big part of our problems and would be happy to see him leave

He’s been playing behind Mickey Mouse defenders for ages… a very long time and he still pulls out save after save after save

God knows how many more goals we’d have conceded this season if he hadn’t made so many worldies

There was always this strange murmurings from our fanbase for a while when we first signed him that would make comments like "if my name was Banks or Shilton maybe i'd get a game". It was only when he become so undeniably superb and such an integral part of our success that that piped down. Now i'm seeing people get on his back despite having to deal with a bunch of wallies in front of him.

If he did leave us in the summer he'd be signed by a Champions League club. Soyuncu wouldn't. Unless it was the Romanian champions.

On 08/02/2022 at 22:18, Col city fan said:

Probably another 3 or 4 just tonight with out him easily.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
On 08/02/2022 at 19:56, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

If any player deserves to go, then we must start with Soyuncu and Schmeichel. Both are currently pretty dreadful.

🤷‍♂️😂

8 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

His shot stopping is phenomenal when we are under the cosh, let’s himself down with set pieces and distribution, it’s the reason he will never play for a team better than leicester 

To be fair I think he realised it long ago and is just focused on getting the maximum out for us then maybe a winding down back in Denmark.

Bloke has a serious ego but I think he's got our best interests at heart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Probably another 3 or 4 just tonight with out him easily.

Maybe the Salah effort and the Jota cross?

On a side note we all know his distribution isn't great and those lofted passes to the fullbacks are awful to watch. Obviously an instruction from Brendan on how he wants us to play, but how can he not see that even when Kasper hits a fullback with one of 'those' passes that they are often immediately under pressure with no options.

4 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Maybe the Salah effort and the Jota cross?

On a side note we all know his distribution isn't great and those lofted passes to the fullbacks are awful to watch. Obviously an instruction from Brendan on how he wants us to play, but how can he not see that even when Kasper hits a fullback with one of 'those' passes that they are often immediately under pressure with no options.

Yeah, we really can’t put those turnovers on Schmeichel anymore, it’s clear that’s what he’s be instructed to do and the manager is OK with the low percentages there. 

Not sure what he could have done tonight aside from just trying to boot it into touch as deep as possible in Liverpool territory, we were never going to win any headers against their defenders even if he went route one. 

Probably would have had a higher chance of getting a shot on goal than any of our outfield players, though.  

• 2 weeks later...

Little to do today, conceded 2 and could of done better.

Yes he has a shambles in front of him and i sympathise with him for that fact.

Our poor record of defending corners this season is partly down to Kaspers reluctance to even try and command his area. 
Im loathe to criticise such a great servant but everyone’s time has to come to an end.

Just now, Wymsey said:

He had a good argument to make about the blocked vision, but think it was actually Soyuncu more that blocked his line of view to the ball.

When You consider the 2 we had chalked off at Brighton why ain’t this given?

• Like 3