Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He had a good argument to make about the blocked vision, but think it was actually Soyuncu more that blocked his line of view to the ball.

Jimenez runs right across his eyeline, given the precedent they set that was offside

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

When You consider the 2 we had chalked off at Brighton why ain’t this given?

They probably discussed how stupid it was to disallow goals like this after our game against Brighton which has doubly bit us on our arse!

Officials and VAR needs a complete rebuild. It’s consistently very poor each week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

They probably discussed how stupid it was to disallow goals like this after our game against Brighton which has doubly bit us on our arse!

Officials and VAR needs a complete rebuild. It’s consistently very poor each week.

then retrospectively award us those 2 goals and the 3 points that were stolen from us...

Without the blitzkrieg of Huth and Morgan (blitzkrieg defined as - military tactic calculated to create psychological shock and resultant disorganisation in enemy forces through surprise,speed and superior firepower ) Kasper has been woefully exposed season after season due in no short measure of his inability to command his six yard . Alas time to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Corky said:

Apparently he's third in the list for most saves.

Might be a bit of a double edged stat that, though. You'll save more if you're faced with more.

There's no doubt the lads in front of him are competition winners, and he's rightly lauded as an absolute hero and club legend, but by Christ the bloke needs a rocket up his arse. He's been an obvious shortcoming for a while now and plays like someone who knows his position is nailed on and is far, far too comfortable. Feet under the table and if we're being honest, looks bang out of shape. 

I'd like to add that Ward is by no means the answer, he's awful - but I'd be very keen to see Iversen put some pressure on at this stage.

1 hour ago, Getin said:

Without the blitzkrieg of Huth and Morgan (blitzkrieg defined as - military tactic calculated to create psychological shock and resultant disorganisation in enemy forces through surprise,speed and superior firepower ) Kasper has been woefully exposed season after season due in no short measure of his inability to command his six yard . Alas time to look elsewhere.

That’s a gross exaggeration. Sure he has weaknesses but he’s been an outstanding keeper in our most successful period ever. Easy to scapegoat him but it’s not as simple as you suggest 

Edited by Mr Weller

Thank you for the past 10 years Kasper but I think it's time to get a new number 1 in this summer he can't get down to shots like he used to is he carrying abit of timber it was sad to watch him try and run back to our goal when he went up for the corner he was like I am at my kids sports day dad's race lol

51 minutes ago, Langston said:

Might be a bit of a double edged stat that, though. You'll save more if you're faced with more.

There's no doubt the lads in front of him are competition winners, and he's rightly lauded as an absolute hero and club legend, but by Christ the bloke needs a rocket up his arse. He's been an obvious shortcoming for a while now and plays like someone who knows his position is nailed on and is far, far too comfortable. Feet under the table and if we're being honest, looks bang out of shape. 

I'd like to add that Ward is by no means the answer, he's awful - but I'd be very keen to see Iversen put some pressure on at this stage.

I don't disagree that he's not having a good season and we probably need a new first choice from next season. He's let in too many soft goals this year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't disagree that he's not having a good season and we probably need a new first choice from next season. He's let in too many soft goals this year.

It feels absolutely awful to admit, his contribution to the cup final was as important as Youri's imo, that's all before you dive into the ten years that preceded it - but he isn't what he was any more by a considerable distance.

I love the bloke but things end and we can't be sentimental when there's been such a drop off.

• Like 2

Think he internally knows that it's probably his final season.

Am sure there's already something in place for him when he retires, as per discussion with his agent and family etc.

He's bright enough to do whatever he does well; can see him being a great pundit.