Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

12 hours ago, don_danbury said:

saves us from losing 6 nil against liverpool and has 1 bad game today and people want him replaced lol 

Yea this game. His job is to save shots mate, most of them saves in my opinion he should have saved so couldn’t get the hype.

We need better, he’s weak commanding the area, he looks like he can’t jump, shots that are relatively close to him he can’t get down quick enough for and the Podence goal I didn’t expect him to save but he was absolutely miles away from it.

Id be very surprised if a first choice gk isn’t on the top of our list. I bloody hope so anyway.

7 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

He's struggling more this season because his weaknesses are exposed by our defence's inability to get their head on the ball at set pieces.

This is also a fair point. But I'd argue that our defence is at a disadvantage compared to other teams when facing set pieces because they know they'll get no help from their goalkeeper. There isn't another keeper at PL level who does as little to help his defence  as Kasper  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

He's struggling more this season because his weaknesses are exposed by our defence's inability to get their head on the ball at set pieces.

Players in front of him also stop crosses coming in.

Must be so frustrating for him.

Not saying we don't need a change, I agree with some of the posts in here. 

A keeper as good as Kasper has been would be good as number 2 instead of Ward who isn't good enough to push Kasper.

Edited by Fox92
Typo...

37 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Yea this game. His job is to save shots mate, most of them saves in my opinion he should have saved so couldn’t get the hype.

We need better, he’s weak commanding the area, he looks like he can’t jump, shots that are relatively close to him he can’t get down quick enough for and the Podence goal I didn’t expect him to save but he was absolutely miles away from it.

Id be very surprised if a first choice gk isn’t on the top of our list. I bloody hope so anyway.

I can't seeing it being this summer. Priority will be on a central defender, Youri replacement and hopefully a right winger, so doubt there will be any budget left for a new first choice keeper as well. I don't think the club will be keen to replace him anyway unless actively wants to leave this summer or his form completely falls off a cliff  (current captain, club legend, very well respected by Top and the board etc)

3 hours ago, jmono84 said:

i think you'll end up surprised then

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Comparing the goals yesterday ours were saved by an excellent keeper, unfortunately both their shots went in. I know it’s easy to compare in slow motion, but I suspect Kasper would have saved both of them a few years ago. I also noticed he lacked far too much pace when he ran back.

He is still a good shot stopper, despite yesterday which was a rare failure, but the fact is we now have no one commanding in our box. After Huth & Morgan, we had Maguire, then Jonny Evans, now all gone, and every cross seems to be won by an opponent. Something has to change.

Edit: Also have to acknowledge the role of Simpson and Fuchs on the far posts at corners.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Thank you for the past 10 years Kasper but I think it's time to get a new number 1 in this summer he can't get down to shots like he used to is he carrying abit of timber it was sad to watch him try and run back to our goal when he went up for the corner he was like I am at my kids sports day dad's race lol

You disrespectful man

I absolutely love kasper and he’s been one of our greatest signings, people won’t realise how good he’s been over the last 10 years until he leaves. What I will say tho is in my opinion one of our biggest weaknesses is not having a keeper that comes for crosses, most premier goalkeepers do come and take the ball under pressure a few times a game but kasper stays on his line even when the ball goes into the six yard box, trouble is you can’t just rely on your defence to keep clearing the danger for 90+ mins as your going to concede chances at some point and when the opposition do make contact it’s always point blank and flies in because he’s stuck on his line

On 20/02/2022 at 21:59, don_danbury said:

saves us from losing 6 nil against liverpool and has 1 bad game today and people want him replaced lol 

So one good game and one bad game??

I've a feeling those that criticise him are doing so for a consistent lack of dealing with crosses, and those that don't refer to his consistently good shot stopping. The truth is there's a middle ground that also takes into account his distribution, fitness, authority etc etc

• Like 1

Would love to see Iversen either go on loan to a Prem team as first choice, or come in as #2 next season and be given 15+ starts in cups/league.

Clearly a top keeper at championship level and next season, Kasper's final season, is the perfect opportunity to see if he's up to taking over the goaltending mittens.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

I can but hopefully not here

The correct answer is, " I can, and as long as he is still good enough then hopefully here "

If he deteriorates though we have thst dilemma of whether the club have the bravery to drop him.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 20/02/2022 at 21:59, don_danbury said:

It's not one bad game though. Villa, Brighton amongst other games he's made errors.

If we signed a keeper who came off his line, our inability to defend crosses would be hugely alleviated.

It's sign a new keeper or an entire back 4 or rely on a never to be fit Evans. The first option is the easiest. Not even sure kasper offers a huge amount of leadership.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot