Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Be surprised at his age if a decent prem club come calling. Can see him having a couple of years in Italy possibly?

Absolute legend. Our greatest keeper?

He mentioned earlier this season about still wanting to play Champions League

No doubt he could easily go to one of the big teams in Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Denmark etc. and play in CL

Big teams that regularly get CL in England, Italy, Spain, Germany are probably out of his reach now, and can't see him in France

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Be surprised at his age if a decent prem club come calling. Can see him having a couple of years in Italy possibly?

Absolute legend. Our greatest keeper?

In terms of what he's given the club, what we've won etc then yes no doubt about it.

Though I would like to have seen both Shilton and Banks in their prime also. I'm guessing, in terms of ability, Banks was probably our greatest.

But, overall, what's the point in comparing... lets just be happy we've had two of the greatest goalkeepers of all time plus Kasper, who, in his own right, has had a great career and will be remembered as a great goalkeeper.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Kasper isn't getting a move to a bigger prem side then us, they'd want a better keeper than him, I think he goes to Copenhagen

I thought this. I met up with a Danish guy to buy some shirts earlier and it’s very apparent he has excellent contacts in Denmark.

He said he thinks he is leaving soon, I mentioned Copenhagen and he mentioned Portugal specifically saying he would be very shocked if he went to Denmark. 

No idea if he was trying to tell me exactly what’s happening or not as it was only after he disclosed one of his sources.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I thought this. I met up with a Danish guy to buy some shirts earlier and it’s very apparent he has excellent contacts in Denmark.

He said he thinks he is leaving soon, I mentioned Copenhagen and he mentioned Portugal specifically saying he would be very shocked if he went to Denmark. 

No idea if he was trying to tell me exactly what’s happening or not as it was only after he disclosed one of his sources.

Portugal is a good shout after him growing up there for a few years when Peter went to Sporting.

A true great who will go down in Leicester City folklore. His leadership, on and off the field, elevate him to legendary status. But for every player there comes a point when it's time to move on and I think with Kasper that time is fast approaching. Although he is one of the best shot stoppers in the league and has saved us on numerous occasions (his contribution to our FA Cup Final victory was pivotal - equally as important as 'Yuri's goal'), his total reluctance to leave his line at set pieces is making it too easy for the opposition and, as a result, we are leaking goals at an alarming rate. This is costing us far too many points. Although our defenders contribute to this deficiency due to their inability to effectively attack the ball in the air, we will not be able to fully address the problem until we have a keeper who can at least command his six yard box. Just as every team in the league has identified this fundamental flaw in our defending, I am sure that the decision makers at our club have also drawn the conclusion that a tough decision re Kasper will have to be made soon. Sentiment will not be allowed to get in the way of building towards further success. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can anyone provide some key goalkeeper stats of Kasper in 21/22 vs recent seasons?

How much has he dropped off? All I'm seeing is the same keeper as before but in a struggling team who's at times contributing to that.

You're not alone on that one, nothing has changed with Kaspers performances. People have been having the same arguments and making the same points for what feels like the past 2 decades :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can anyone provide some key goalkeeper stats of Kasper in 21/22 vs recent seasons?

How much has he dropped off? All I'm seeing is the same keeper as before but in a struggling team who's at times contributing to that.

15/16

Goalkeeping

Saves 99

Penalties Saved 0

Punches 22

High Claims 47

Catches 15

Sweeper clearances 46

Throw outs 82

Goal Kicks 324

16/17

Goalkeeping

Saves113

Penalties Saved0

Punches12

High Claims37

Catches9

Sweeper clearances30

Throw outs71

Goal Kicks 278

17/18

Goalkeeping

Saves93

Penalties Saved2

Punches20

High Claims25

Catches7

Sweeper clearances25

Throw outs107

Goal Kicks273

18/19

Goalkeeping

Saves90

Penalties Saved0

Punches15

High Claims8

Catches8

Sweeper clearances7

Throw outs127

Goal Kicks310

19/20

Goalkeeping

Saves96

Penalties Saved2

Punches8

High Claims14

Catches12

Sweeper clearances8

Throw outs159

Goal Kicks 241

20/21

Goalkeeping

Saves88

Penalties Saved0

Punches7

High Claims17

Catches5

Sweeper clearances4

Throw outs181

Goal Kicks 210

21/22

Goalkeeping

Saves81

Penalties Saved1

Punches11

High Claims6

Catches2

Sweeper clearances5

Throw outs98

Goal Kicks 193

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

image.thumb.png.7b270000b01bb0962cf80cc0c9d28b91.png

GA - Goals Against

GA90 - Goals Against per 90

SoTA - Shots on Target Against

CS - Clean Sheets

CS% - Clean sheet percentage
PKAtt - Penalty Kicks attempted
PKA - Penalty Kicks Allowed
PKsv - Penalties Saved

PKm - Penalties missed

https://fbref.com/en/players/53af52f3/Kasper-Schmeichel

Not sure if this is what you're looking for?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

You're not alone on that one, nothing has changed with Kaspers performances. People have been having the same arguments and making the same points for what feels like the past 2 decades :D

thats not quite true, his command of the box has Cleary dropped considerably since 15/16 and 16/17 17/18 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Portugal is a good shout after him growing up there for a few years when Peter went to Sporting.

Yeah, think that’s why this guy mentioned it maybe rather than having inside info but definitely seemed like he could have.

33 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

thats not quite true, his command of the box has Cleary dropped considerably since 15/16 and 16/17 17/18 

But not much different from 18/19 onwards under Rodgers. 

Ideally his replacement can be a keeper as good at shot stopping but who can command their area, it certainly is a weakness that's being exposed more and more from a collective inability in our team to defend set pieces. That's not all on Kasper, set pieces aren't defended by the goalkeeper but it does seem its all not good enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But not much different from 18/19 onwards under Rodgers. 

Ideally his replacement can be a keeper as good at shot stopping but who can command their area, it certainly is a weakness that's being exposed more and more from a collective inability in our team to defend set pieces. That's not all on Kasper, set pieces aren't defended by the goalkeeper but it does seem its all not good enough.

It was in response to nothing has changed with his performances.

The sweeper clearances also have significantly since Puels reign. Tactical potentially?

The defensive frailties this season have definitely exposed him more,

averaging 6.3 corners against per match 

Under BR for 2 seasons we were more often the dominant side averaging 4.61 Against.

That's an extra 39 corners at this stage of the season, and on course for an extra 64.5 for the season 

image.png.b72f1a5bcbe791fbeaf3d3764a13d44b.png

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think this is anything new when it comes to Schmeichel, so has the things he was good at got worse or the things he's never been great at (commanding his area and dealing with crosses in to the 6 yard box) got worse than before?

Schmeichel's weaknesses aren't going to help a very erratic defence which is what we're seeing this season but he's never come for crosses or come out and dealt with set pieces with any regularity so what's happened to our team at set pieces? Do we need 2 new CB's and/or a complete overhaul of our coaching and mentality at defending? The desire to get to the ball isn't there from our keeper, defenders, midfielders or attackers and that's what's most ominous.

It’s easier to change a goalie than a whole defence though… one that is getting old / no resale value, we need someone else and come summer is perfect for both parties 

• Like 1

Whichever side of the debate you’re on (and I’ve been pretty clear on this) football economics dictate he leaves this summer for a fee rather than the summer after for free.

I will wish him all the best and be forever grateful, particularly for his part in the CL run and the FA Cup Final.

I suspect his departure would allow a different tone and culture to emerge in the dressing room too.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan

I find it amazing (yet again on this sometimes bonkers forum) that people are so happy with seeing the back of Kasper. 
Kasper is playing behind a Mickey Mouse defence. Amartey, Soyuncu and Vestergaard are possibly the worst CB combination currently in the division. 
Kasper has pulled off a number of worldies already this season to keep our goals conceded from being even more abysmal. 
It’s clear that a. Kasper isn’t the biggest keeper in the world and b. he’s being instructed NOT to come off his line for corners etc.

The problem is we have such leaky centre backs that they aren’t doing their job of clearing corners and set pieces.

Amartey is rubbish at this level. Vestergaard is even worse and Soyuncu we all know needs to play alongside a good and confident CB.

And yet people bang on about Schmeichel not being good enough?!

The mind boggles.

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

It’s easier to change a goalie than a whole defence though… one that is getting old / no resale value, we need someone else and come summer is perfect for both parties 

We don't need to change a whole defence though do we? Our full backs are largely very good, there's a possibility of cashing in on Castagne if he'd want to go back to Italy and bring in a cheaper replacement in Ramsay or Spence and utilise the remaining funds elsewhere but even at centre half we'll likely bring in only 1 or 2 if we can sell Soyuncu and/or Vestergaard.

The under performance is collective, especially at set pieces. I honestly don't see this current regime sorting it very quickly with new signings alone. There needs to be a huge change in approach and I only see that with a change in manager.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-press-conference-rodgers-live-6704870

Leicester City press conference live: Brendan Rodgers and Kasper Schmeichel preview Randers

Schmeichel is up from 9am, with Rodgers due at 9.30am.