Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

Fair play to Kasper for not getting wound up like Zaha did. Really did a number on him, could tell he was going to miss both penalties.

Gutted for him that it rebounded so fortuitously for Palace to break the clean sheet. He had a very good game yesterday.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Fair play to Kasper for not getting wound up like Zaha did. Really did a number on him, could tell he was going to miss both penalties.

Gutted for him that it rebounded so fortuitously for Palace to break the clean sheet. He had a very good game yesterday.

Kasper will not forget that banter Zaha gave him after scoring.

Zaha strikes me as that absolute knob head that will celebrate scoring against a kid because he's floored him after his 1000th step over on the goal line. 

A la Michael Owen against that Stoke kid. 

'Well done, he's 13'. 

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I

On 06/04/2022 at 18:19, moore_94 said:

Full episode is out on Sunday

Really enjoyed his justification that the modern goalkeeper doesn't need to come for crosses. Hes so stubborn you can tell why he's been such a good pro for us. He's completely deluded about crosses though.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Really enjoyed his justification that the modern goalkeeper doesn't need to come for crosses. Hes so stubborn you can tell why he's been such a good pro for us. He's completely deluded about crosses though.

See I thought he was just making excuses at first but when you listen to them talking about keeping for ages, it makes a lot of sense. Don't get me wrong though, still needs to do more in that regard.

Could listen to him for days though. Great guy.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

See I thought he was just making excuses at first but when you listen to them talking about keeping for ages, it makes a lot of sense. Don't get me wrong though, still needs to do more in that regard.

Could listen to him for days though. Great guy.

His justification was that there were guys bigger than him in the way. He's right, his height is a limiting factor for him as a keeper. There's no denying if he came for crosses he'd be a better keeper which he didn't seem to acknowledge.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's no denying if he came for crosses he'd be a better keeper which he didn't seem to acknowledge.

Is this guaranteed though? As in, if he came for crosses would he constantly get out-jumped or misjudge the flight of the ball, leave it easier for anyone at the backpost to score?

I think it's probably a weakness teams would exploit if he did regularly start coming for crosses?

I'm not saying he should never come for them by the way - there's times where the ball is lofted in the air and it's quite conceivable he should have come out. But every cross? He doesn't have the height to pluck everything out of the air?

What would we get more of if he did start coming for every cross? A keeper that moans at every decision and more gifs like so this lol

kasper-schmeichel-kasper.gif

schmeichel-kasper.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Hope he stays for the rest of his career. I think he might struggle in a new place, you can tell he loves it here.

He clearly wants to play in the CL again though which may be tough with us. 

Can see him going abroad and playing in a weaker league for a team that near enough guarantees CL qualification. 

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yikes! They're also "relaxed" about Youri's contract situation!

Kasper is a little different. Even in a contract, he will not be a high-value asset at this point in his career like Youri. 

He's also less likely to be affected by the situation like Youri due to his age and experience.

I suspect it will be a mixture of where we are next year, i.e., are we challenging for trophies or likely to be in Europe and what opportunities he is presented with by other clubs elsewhere. 

He probably has one eye on trying football in another country, with a team where European football is guaranteed. 

For me, he earned the right to choose how he goes. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yikes! They're also "relaxed" about Youri's contract situation!

Bit different though because kasper is a pain in the arse as soon as anyone else gets a new contract so I imagine they're calling his bluff.