Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Kasper is a little different. Even in a contract, he will not be a high-value asset at this point in his career like Youri. 

He's also less likely to be affected by the situation like Youri due to his age and experience.

I suspect it will be a mixture of where we are next year, i.e., are we challenging for trophies or likely to be in Europe and what opportunities he is presented with by other clubs elsewhere. 

He probably has one eye on trying football in another country, with a team where European football is guaranteed. 

For me, he earned the right to choose how he goes. 

In all honesty, Kasper is one of the highest paid GK's in the world. I could understand him wanting CL football, but I am not sure he will have many options for it outside some of the mid-level European league entries, that won't get past the group stages.

I was just commenting on the regular use of the world "relaxed" when speaking about contract situations. It means absolutely nothing, and Rodgers might as well use the world "yellow" or "air-dangled" for all the information it gives.

30 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

In all honesty, Kasper is one of the highest paid GK's in the world. I could understand him wanting CL football, but I am not sure he will have many options for it outside some of the mid-level European league entries, that won't get past the group stages.

Wherever he goes or stays I'd imagine he in for a salary cut.

I agree but it still better then only playing CL league once in your career. 

30 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I was just commenting on the regular use of the world "relaxed" when speaking about contract situations. It means absolutely nothing, and Rodgers might as well use the world "yellow" or "air-dangled" for all the information it gives.

You could say that about 80% of what come out of football managers mouths. 

What do you want him to say?

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wherever he goes or stays I'd imagine he in for a salary cut.

I agree but it still better then only playing CL league once in your career. 

You could say that about 80% of what come out of football managers mouths. 

What do you want him to say?

"We have his balls in a vise. If he doesn't sign, we will see how hard it can squeeze."

"Fcuk him. That kid we have at Preston can do a job."

"Remember that scene in the Godfather? The one with the horse head? Don't know why I brought it up."

I mean, at least any of those would be interesting!

(As an aside, I doubt he'd be in for a salary cut, but I doubt he'd get a long term extension. I think the club will be sentimental with Kasper when it comes to his actual paycheck.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

"We have his balls in a vise. If he doesn't sign, we will see how hard it can squeeze."

"Fcuk him. That kid we have at Preston can do a job."

"Remember that scene in the Godfather? The one with the horse head? Don't know why I brought it up."

I mean, at least any of those would be interesting!

(As an aside, I doubt he'd be in for a salary cut, but I doubt he'd get a long term extension. I think the club will be sentimental with Kasper when it comes to his actual paycheck.)

We will be under pressure to reduce our player salary commitments over the next few years as the new European FFP rules come in place.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We will be under pressure to reduce our player salary commitments over the next few years as the new European FFP rules come in place.

This is the rub...if the club wants to compete at the level it wants to compete, it can't reduce it's salary commitments. The club will slide backwards. (we pay less than the Big 6, and even our direct competitors are starting to splurge.) I am not saying we need to hand out 300k/week contracts, but if we start paying our players less, we risk not even seriously challenging for the top half of the table.

I think the club will focus on low transfer fees (something they already work on by not spending outrageously and improving the academy) and increasing revenue, including game day income with the new stadium and better deals (such as the new shirt sponsor.)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

This is the rub...if the club wants to compete at the level it wants to compete, it can't reduce it's salary commitments. The club will slide backwards. (we pay less than the Big 6, and even our direct competitors are starting to splurge.) I am not saying we need to hand out 300k/week contracts, but if we start paying our players less, we risk not even seriously challenging for the top half of the table.

I think the club will focus on low transfer fees (something they already work on by not spending outrageously and improving the academy) and increasing revenue, including game day income with the new stadium and better deals (such as the new shirt sponsor.)

Add to that the remove of a bit of high paid dead wood, not Kasper I should add.

Our direct competitors are all in the same position in reality, Villa, Wolves, West Ham all had revenues low than our in the last financial year.

Without increasing revenue any splurge is a gamble. 

With Kasper it comes down to this - would you swap his incredible headline grabbing point blank shot stopping for more security from corners? Not sure the former outweighs the latter over a season. 
Then again the former wins FA Cups 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

With Kasper it comes down to this - would you swap his incredible headline grabbing point blank shot stopping for more security from corners? Not sure the former outweighs the latter over a season. 
Then again the former wins FA Cups 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think his shocking distribution is a much bigger problem than his inability to command the area on set pieces.

It's tough with Kasper, because he is indeed a great shot stopper and well below-average in distribution and aerial supremacy.  We can say "he wants CL" but the problem is for the big clubs, having a keeper who can start attacks and effectively function as an 11th field player is more important than stopping shots.  How many shots do Man City or Bayern or PSG give up, typically?  He's like N'didi in that his best attributes are more valuable to us than the power clubs and his weaknesses even more of a problem for them.

• Like 2

On 12/04/2022 at 01:33, KFS said:

Had to laugh 10 mins in talking about not coming for crosses. Might as well have called us out lol 

Yes made me laugh as well 🤣 definitely worth a listen if anyone's thinking about it.   

On 11/04/2022 at 18:55, Stevosevic said:

He clearly wants to play in the CL again though which may be tough with us. 

Can see him going abroad and playing in a weaker league for a team that near enough guarantees CL qualification. 

Celtic?

Whatever happens he's an absolute legend.

We signed him a couple of months after my oldest son was born, he's now almost at secondary school and Kasper is the only 'keeper he's ever known.  Not many players have that longevity at one club.

• Like 4

I could envisage him going to one of the Portuguese big three if he was to leave. Speaks the language a bit and he lived there as a kid.  Porto normally have a good champions league run, plus he’d be guaranteed a trophy. I fear if he goes to Sporting, we’d somehow get ripped off. 

15 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Whatever happens he's an absolute legend.

We signed him a couple of months after my oldest son was born, he's now almost at secondary school and Kasper is the only 'keeper he's ever known.  Not many players have that longevity at one club.

Absolutely.

I can't see him matching Black's appearance record but I'd love him to reach 500 and that would be possible with another season plus the remaining fixtures this season.

It is unbelievable that he is has played over 450 times for us. Especially when you consider players such as Walsh, Izzet, King all played less than 400. 

Obviously it's different being a goalkeeper, especially a number 1, as you rarely get dropped but Kasper did miss nearly 20 games in 14/15.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I really hope Brendan reads FT and in his next interview uses “air dangled”! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rain King said:

I did see Shilton play, sort off, I was too small to see him properly from the tight angle of  double decker and the exec boxes were so far away.

However, Wallington was the one, for the reasons you cite about Kasper.

Amazing that Kasper has out-stated him, other than penalty saves.........?

He just might want to play  his last years at home.

Top Club in Denmark, with CL History that as potential to go up a notch,small Project to lead/help a Team as

a player-coach, Not manager,but Coaching & playing services...Future towards Coaching the Denmark team...

Hes mentioned a few times about CL & home.:dunno:

For me despite  the scrutinising on FT, the odd ones trying to Pull him down & black Mark his career...

He s a Legend written in the history annuals of LCFC, & rightly, on & off the field...

Any game weakness fade in comparison, to how  often hes shown & still Displays his strengths..

Top much crap Posted and Time wasted trying to devalue & demean  a top man & superb Club & International GK.

If he decides, its time to say "farvel og Tak" to his Leicester Story & career, no matter what he chooses, he goes with my whole blessings,

that a fan can give to a player who Served the Club well & with honour to his position...

Passe mistakes,  not worth the time of thought,  Now  remembering those Great memories, he brings/brought with his star performances & moments,

Title, League runs, FA.cup,even Europe,  for a " nobodies" club, they are what is & stay engraved  in the Hearts & memories of hardened fans..

His character...Love it..!! Something we missed over decades..!! Wish we could find Another 2-3 outfield players with such drive...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

The best goalkeeper we have ever had, others who played for us may have gone on to have better careers, but for us, he’s the greatest and I wish him all the best in whatever he does. I’d prefer it if he didn’t move to another PL club, but would be happy for him in whatever he chooses to do. On and off the field and absolute legend of the club.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

I could envisage him going to one of the Portuguese big three if he was to leave. Speaks the language a bit and he lived there as a kid.  Porto normally have a good champions league run, plus he’d be guaranteed a trophy. I fear if he goes to Sporting, we’d somehow get ripped off. 

Sportings chairman makes Levy look easy to deal with.