Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City’s crest history and a new crest idea ??????

I feel most are trying to copy the success that Wolves had with their re-branding.. uh. If LCFC were to re-design please for the love of god be subtle and original. Shell is a great example of redesign without drastic change, if its not broken why change it..

image.png.d5a2586be74ffc7f9b55c1ac22ea7134.png

• Like 2

I do think out current badge is one of the best. Even more so since the 2009 redesign, adding the white on the fox, making the text smaller etc.

I wasn't sure if there might have been a text font change for the badge as the LCFC they are using this season is more of a block font, banners on the stadium have changed to this too, as well as LCFC TV. But training ground badges prove otherwise.

Not sure if we should drop the football club bit from the badge at some point? Clubs badges like man u, man city, Newcastle, everton, just looks a bit more simple. Only 4 PL clubs use football club, some others use FC.

Ours does work though as the words Leicester city and football club are basically the same size to fit top and bottom.

Would love to see all our historical badges on the stadium with the current one, all lit up as big signs on the exterior when its redeveloped, would be a great nod to the past!

• Like 3

I'll never be convinced that the Fox & Crops in the 4-point shield has ever been improved upon. That's just to do with when I grew up probably, but the only quibble I had with the title win was that the - to my eyes - rather bland modern incarnation was the one that found fame around the world. 

But I've gradually got used to it,  and reading this thread it's clear that it means as much to subsequent generations as the shield does to old gits like me. 

Seems pointless to change it again,  especially for something as dull and lacking in imagination as this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Feel like our badge could do with a slight refresh, but shouldn't really change any of the core components. Wouldn't be completely against something like this, but fox is the wrong colour and not enough detail on the eyes.

leicester_city_crest_v2_20160506_1074469570.jpg

I am all for that text change to San serif with the golden 1884, needs perfecting further but its way better than the old fashioned serif, it needs to move with the times im afraid. The fox in the middle though id rather keep the original.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I like our current badge, but I do think the running fox badge above is better. Just my opinion.

It had its time.

The problem with the running fox is...it looks like it's running away. The current iteration of its 90s replacement is spot on and 'in your face' in a way that the running fox could never be. 

Hope that makes sense?