Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City’s crest history and a new crest idea ??????

3 hours ago, Stoopid said:

I'll never be convinced that the Fox & Crops in the 4-point shield has ever been improved upon. That's just to do with when I grew up probably, but the only quibble I had with the title win was that the - to my eyes - rather bland modern incarnation was the one that found fame around the world. 

But I've gradually got used to it,  and reading this thread it's clear that it means as much to subsequent generations as the shield does to old gits like me. 

Seems pointless to change it again,  especially for something as dull and lacking in imagination as this.

LC6147-016.JPG

20201026_201949.jpg

• Like 2

On 18/11/2020 at 11:29, Stadt said:

The typography should probably be changed to sans-serif. I wouldn’t mind subtle tweaks to the spacing but it should be kept very similar.

I like that we don't use a sans serif, a lot of clubs seem to have very similar badges because of their samey use of typefaces.

• Like 4

On 18/11/2020 at 08:37, indierich06 said:

Owners would defo make it a gold fox.

A slight tweak to the shade of the fox head would be the only thing I imagine changing. We’ve done it before and it would make the shirts and the crest fit a bit better. 

I do like the idea of using the running fox occasionally on away shirts— we could do away with having to change the badge to white and black, black and gold, or whatever other combo is needed to match those shirts. 

14 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’d rather we kept the current badge as its symbolic of the greatest period in the club’s history (plus, it’s one of the best badges there is regardless) 

However, I would absolutely love to see a black away kit with a blue sash, with a running fox badge. Would be a thing of beauty:wub:

Agree that the club should very occasionally consider using the old badges on special kits. 

I think they would sell well.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I love this badge but can understand why it was modernised, I'd like the principle of this but with a slightly better detailed fox and it would tick all the boxes.

I think most people's preferences are based on nostalgia and the era they grew up in. My favourites are the badges from the 60's/70's and I've never been so keen on any of the badges after 1982.

This is another classic (player and badge) from the mid 70's.

Frank-Worthington-.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I love this badge but can understand why it was modernised, I'd like the principle of this but with a slightly better detailed fox and it would tick all the boxes.

There's no way we'd be able to get away with riding crops next to a fox today though.

It would be all over Twitter within about 5 minutes of it being released saying we're glorifying fox hunting and it would get changed.