Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City’s crest history and a new crest idea ??????

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Terrified of the day they redo our badge. It'll be a "international branding" horror show with way too much gold in it. 

Our current badge is perfection, just leave it as it is.

Either that or go retro but sadly I get the impression our history doesn't  means so much, unless it brings them some kudos to our current owners or is it the Administrative Management as it does to a lot of fans.

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Terrified of the day they redo our badge. It'll be a "international branding" horror show with way too much gold in it. 

Agreed. I'll be gutted if they change the badge. I don't believe it can be improved upon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The design and idea shouldn’t change but it definitely needs a tidy up. Some really messy elements to it, whoever did the refresh last had a mare with Photoshop. 

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

Either that or go retro but sadly I get the impression our history doesn't  means so much, unless it brings them some kudos to our current owners or is it the Administrative Management as it does to a lot of fans.

No chance they'll go retro. Stuff like the cinquefoil will also 100% be gone.

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Still regret the day they redid our badge. It’s an “international branding” horror show.”

Our shield badge was perfection, should have just left it as it was.

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

They'll stick in #Fearless like we won't notice 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Agreed. Our current badge is recognisable, has history attached to it, and has a good balance between simple and complex, without looking completely flat like a lot of the modern badges. Easily one of the best in the prem, if not the whole football league.

I'd maybe freshen up a few small (and I mean small) things about it, like slightly modernising the cinquefoil, but on the whole I wouldn't want it to change. Similar to how Norwich have done a really good job with improving their badge.

It'd work quite well keeping the main club crest as-is, using the running fox version for retro-style away/third kits and the fox and crop version for the club fashion brand. No wholesale changes beyond that, please.

• Like 1

I do think we have reached the point where we can expand our brand a bit. If you take, say, ice hockey in the states, each team has their main logo, but they then have secondary logos (with varying lifespans) which they can then add into their branding.

A simplistic way of doing this is to have the secondary logo as a shoulder patch on the main jersey, and then give it pride of place over the 3rd jersey.

So if you look at the Anaheim Ducks, they moved away from childish 90s "Mighty Ducks" logo to a more modern webbed foot "D" logo. But there is still a lot of love for that old logo, and with the nostalgia and retro vibes, they needed to bring it back, so they keep their main brand for home and away shirts, but add the retro logo as a secondary logo on the shoulders and roll it out on the 3rd shirt.

image.png.ce7f89ed258740613b7a1298da83496c.png

(Full disclosure: I hate the ducks branding - but just using it as an example).

This concept is gradually coming into British football - and Arsenal's use of the plain cannon on the away shirts shows that you can keep your main badge on the home shirt, but when the brand is strong enough, you can play around with secondary logos on other shirts.

Personally, I think the logo we have does the job and we don't need a change, but that we need to expand: I've always thought the foxes head on its own is a neat logo and would make a good badge for a 3rd shirt. It also seems a perfect way to bring back the running fox.

Looking at the concept, its really clever how the foxes head is made out of the negative space in the cinquefoil, but its just not strong enough on its own. My thought was immediately that it was the sort of additional symbol that would be shoulder patch type stuff, so could be bought into the overall brand and used somehow, but it really does not improve on what we have.

• Like 1

The blue is very clearly wrong, which is one of the main things that bothers me - and the whole thing is missing the pop of yellow/gold of the fox's head. Correct the blue, get rid of the gold border, make the 'petals' of the cinquefoil white and maybe include some of the yellow/gold in the negative space fox head in the middle and I think it would be a lot better.

image.png.79f632bd536b47111492a58a56e397df.png

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Some intricacy is what makes badges look appealing. Minimalism for the sake of how a crest looks on a lower resolution screen is soulless.

But how would the crest look on a big glass panel on the West Stand or the new East Stand? 

I personally can't see a reason why this is being debated. Are the club considering a change? 

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

But how would the crest look on a big glass panel on the West Stand or the new East Stand? 

I personally can't see a reason why this is being debated. Are the club considering a change? 

I assume the designer is creating mock ups for lots of clubs as a way of creating exposure for himself

18 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

The blue is very clearly wrong, which is one of the main things that bothers me - and the whole thing is missing the pop of yellow/gold of the fox's head. Correct the blue, get rid of the gold border, make the 'petals' of the cinquefoil white and maybe include some of the yellow/gold in the negative space fox head in the middle and I think it would be a lot better.

image.png.79f632bd536b47111492a58a56e397df.png

Fixed the colour, in fairness I think the guy had gone off the shade of the current jersey. 1760016541_Screenshot2022-01-04at11_32_35.thumb.png.03f4776ca104385cc6d30e2c9e303932.png

Im a photoshop wizard

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

My extremely crude attempt to alter the colour and put the fox's head in it

2131250148_Screenshot2022-01-04at11_50_51.thumb.png.f9d213a08b80173ca163528ecede355c.png

Contrary to my last post I am not a photoshop wizard.

Would just keep it as is….

• Like 1