Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City’s crest history and a new crest idea ??????

Just now, Nalis said:

I know I put this in the unpopular opinion thread but I dont think our badge is all that great and think we are biased when we say its better than it actually is.

What is it do you think that makes a great badge? Not having a go, genuinely interested.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What is it do you think that makes a great badge? Not having a go, genuinely interested.

Basically most badges in the thread below, though the irony of our badge being there and the cover pic is not lost on me lol:

I just think our badge is too messy in the area behind the fox though I know its part of the coat of arm and the font is more outdated than classic.

Thats just my opinion though.

• Like 3

This new age of this club’s history deserves a new crest

Nah, we're good thanks.

Our badge is definitely one of the smarter ones out there. A few minor tweaks might improve it, but it doesn't need a complete revamp like he's done there, at all. The vector fox head makes it look like an eSports team, ffs.

In fact, he's done all the current PL sides in the same style and they all just end up looking like eSports logos instead. A couple are smart variations of the existing theme (Liverpool and Everton are nice, and West Ham's looks clean) but by and large they're a bit naff to say the least.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

What an odd article that nobody's asked for - a graphic designer making a horrible clip-arty app icon version of our logo, and obviously being so proud of it he's made an article for it

It's soulless garbage. I don't think I'm biased in saying our emblem is a classic. The shape, the detail is just the right amount, the colours - it's spot on. It's instantly recognisable, and I honestly can't see why we'd ever need to change it - like Coca Cola. It just works

I'll also add that the best logos never contain too many colours - the Leicester badge has three, white, blue, and gold.

This "reimagining" has 11 shades. It also mixes a really jagged fox head against the rounded cinquefoil, which is pretty jarring

I was going to say ‘it’s sh!t’ which was a response containing about as much effort as the MS Paint job had. 

What you said summed it up perfectly for me. 

• Like 1

This guy has been redesigning logos for Football Manager to avoid the clampdown by some clubs etc on using their own logos in the game.

He uses a fairly uniform shield format and then reimagines the logos.I think a lot of them look really good (perhaps it appeals to my desire for consistent design)

Not overly keen on the Leicester one as it happens, but it's better than the one in the first post!

Football Manager 2021 Logo Packs - Footbe Logos 2020-21

footbe-logos-pick-team-fm20.png

It's not bad if you're a marketeer inside a corporation trying to upgrade our badges (=logo) for the 'modern day 2020' but we're not that sort of club, there's literally no need to touch our beautiful badge.

Also - "This new age of this club’s history deserves a new crest, one that shows them LCFC isn’t playing around, they mean business." 

Twát.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 2