Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

3 hours ago, He aint bald said:

I got that the article was pre Justin, it was the added 'desperately needed now'  that interested me. ( wow, found the ')

The club can only veto exits this January, it can't choose who goes to free up funds and FFP for planned signings. Maybe there are agreements and firm plans in place but it might be a case of making acceptable deals if and when they arise and forgetting about priorities.

I still think that without injuries the squad has potential to be the best of the rest this season. Perez, Cags, U23's and others can play a positive part and cover injuries and suspensions

Basically, I suspect that If no ones moves on or comes in this window, Castagne becomes our least replacable player. (edit, whether injured or covering on the left)

Would playing 3 CBs and packing the midfield be a temporary solution if we lose yet more full backs?

It's not a formation we've done very well with in the past.

Rodgers seems to be far more hopeful we can make signings in Jan so something must have been insinuated to him, although it could all change again.

As I said, a left footed CB who can play LB like Medina or Szalai would solve two potential issues.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I don’t understand vitriol against our Luke. He’s had some difficult games but he always gives 100% and was brilliant last night. I can see him and Barnes having and good relationship as well as KDH

I don't think there's ever been vitriol. I've heavily questioned his selection and performance levels at times, but never disliked the lad. He comes across as professional,.committed and a nice lad to boot. 

He's a funny player. At times last season I was exasperated with him. Yet just when I was giving up on him, he then turned in some ultra reliable performances, highly intelligent performances. Culminating in having Salah in his pocket 

Then this season he was utterly horrendous v Brighton, yet was excellent v West Ham..

I'm pleased to say, that he's winning me over. He's gonna put on a stone at some point soon and maybe add an extra burst in his legs too. I think we have a very very decent player here worth - and saved us - millions

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Considering people pile on when he does the slightest things wrong, this guy was quality last night. 

And this assist. 

Brilliant as he read the game well, got tackles in and advanced forward when he could. 

That first pass was pure filth 

• Like 2

The problem with judging players especially FBs and their involvement in attacks is you just don't know want they've been instructed to do, we all suspect/know how controlling Rodgers' is of how they play as individuals and as a team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/12/2022 at 10:37, davieG said:

The problem with judging players especially FBs and their involvement in attacks is you just don't know want they've been instructed to do, we all suspect/know how controlling Rodgers' is of how they play as individuals and as a team. 

Precisely, you can often see Rodgers barking at him. At his stage of career, he understandably will most likely do what he's ordered to do because he wants to play. Rodgers may be right of course but sometimes such management can stifle and coach out natural thought, reaction and talent. 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Precisely, you can often see Rodgers barking at him. At his stage of career, he understandably will most likely do what he's ordered to do because he wants to play. Rodgers may be right of course but sometimes such management can stifle and coach out natural thought, reaction and talent. 

Given Rodgers's dodgy defensive ideas ( and I'm being kind here ) , Luke should stick to his natural thought, reaction and talent.

• Haha 1

On 21/12/2022 at 10:18, Paninistickers said:

I don't think there's ever been vitriol. I've heavily questioned his selection and performance levels at times, but never disliked the lad. He comes across as professional,.committed and a nice lad to boot. 

He's a funny player. At times last season I was exasperated with him. Yet just when I was giving up on him, he then turned in some ultra reliable performances, highly intelligent performances. Culminating in having Salah in his pocket 

Then this season he was utterly horrendous v Brighton, yet was excellent v West Ham..

I'm pleased to say, that he's winning me over. He's gonna put on a stone at some point soon and maybe add an extra burst in his legs too. I think we have a very very decent player here worth - and saved us - millions

It all part of being a young player learning his trade, peak and troughs in performance, still only 21. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Given Rodgers's dodgy defensive ideas ( and I'm being kind here ) , Luke should stick to his natural thought, reaction and talent.

I'll second that. I also hope young Alves, within reason, keeps running at opposition players too and doesn't get it coached out of him. Thank God Marhez didn't get overcoached!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Imagine you get the player who pocketed Salah with the one who got two assists and beat three on an attacking run the other night. I might put money on him as England’s left back in 2026.

Probably depends on if he signs for Chelsea or not :ph34r:

• Haha 2

I think people forget he skipped pretty much any sort of 'Under' squad development, jumped into the first team and hasn't had a loan either. 

He's having to develop on the job in the Premier League, bound to be hit and miss! 

I think we've probably missed the boat on getting him a loan due to the bertrand flop and other injuries, just have to hope we can get him enough starts! 

I’ve always though Thomas’ left foot is a bit of a wand. He’s got great delivery. And those key passes the other night are testament to that too.

If he had a bit more pace there would be a lot of hype around him. He’s still quite raw even now, looking forward to his trying to take his chance over the next few weeks.

• Like 1