Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

21 hours ago, davieG said:

Luke Thomas is hoping to use Leicester City's injury list to his own advantage and cement his place in the starting line-up.

Thomas is one of only two fit Foxes full-backs and wants to use upcoming games to prove himself to manager Brendan Rodgers.

He told BBC Radio Leicester's When You're Smiling podcast: "With us only having two full-backs, I’m going to get chances. Hopefully, I can take them over the next few weeks and show that I can play like I’ve shown over the past few seasons.

"It’s my opportunity to consolidate that left-back spot I suppose. I’ve been lucky to get as many chances as I have and hopefully I can continue to take them.

"That’s what you want to do, you want to be playing in the Premier League. It’s the best league in the world and hopefully I can perform and show the qualities I’ve got."

Listen to the latest When You're Smiling podcast on BBC Sounds

Rodgers: "left back is a priority in the transfer market" lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I'm not slagging off KDH, but he's nowhere near the finished article. 

No doubt he will get better but if the finished article is Zidane or Iniesta , then he never will be. Nor will any other midfielder in the PL be, bar perhaps De Brunye. There are few , of similar type , in the PL I would swap him for. Luke is also as good as any other 21 y.o. LB in the PL. These guys are going to be core players for a long time.

• Like 3

On 24/12/2022 at 18:16, tom27111 said:

People give him stick and say he needs a loan, or it's too late for a loan.

Yet we gave Hamza a new contract before his loan move and some think KDH is a great young talent, despite being 24. 

Luke is 21, never let us down and not only played, but assisted in the Cup final, where we also kept a clean sheet.

I'm not slagging off KDH, but he's nowhere near the finished article. 

Hopefully Luke is still with us when he's 24 and he'll be a better player than KDH is now.

Apparently luke wanted to go out on loan in the summer, he felt, jj, timmy, maybe even Bertrand had he ever been fit were blocking his path. Brendan blocked it. Luke wanted game time. 

Now seeing the LB is a priority quotes seem to imply he will be having that path blocked again. Absolutely the best thing for him would be at least the last 5 months of the season put on loan in the championship, regular minutes would improve him no end. Even if has a few stinkers and gets bullied a bit long term it would do him the world of good.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Apparently luke wanted to go out on loan in the summer, he felt, jj, timmy, maybe even Bertrand had he ever been fit were blocking his path. Brendan blocked it. Luke wanted game time. 

Now seeing the LB is a priority quotes seem to imply he will be having that path blocked again. Absolutely the best thing for him would be at least the last 5 months of the season put on loan in the championship, regular minutes would improve him no end. Even if has a few stinkers and gets bullied a bit long term it would do him the world of good.

Need a LB regardless. Currently have two fit full backs. 

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Need a LB regardless. Currently have two fit full backs. 

Absolutely. 

Such a shame about Ricardo. Genuinely one of the best full backs in the league on his day, when fit.

We've gone from having 4 of the best full backs in the world, to struggling to pick a pair.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseam, Rodgers, in spite of half a season of Luke going above and beyond any reasonable expectations - in all aspects of his performances, decided JJ was the better option...coming back from long-term injury.

Rodgers shared the belief with many curmudgeons on here that youth was not to be trusted in spite of being proved otherwise week-in, week-out.

Way too late to loan him out now - wasted talent and below par challenges. Yet, if Rodgers persists selecting others ahead of him, what are his options?

Funny how all the stat quoters haven't found out how much taller and heavier he is now, than when he was assisting in the goal that won us the FA Cup. Because that was one of the reasons given for demoting him to the bench - too small; gets bullied etc. It's the old assumption habit - players have to fit certain parameters even if their actual performances make nonsense of these homespun yardsticks.

Edited by gerblod
It's late. We've all had a few.
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, gerblod said:

At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseam, Rodgers, in spite of half a season of Luke going above and beyond any reasonable expectations - in all aspects of his performances, decided JJ was the better option...coming back from long-term injury.

Rodgers shared the belief with many curmudgeons on here that youth was not to be trusted in spite of being proved otherwise week-in, week-out.

Way too late to loan him out now - wasted talent and below par challenges. Yet, if Rodgers persists selecting others ahead of him, what are his options?

Funny how all the stat quoters haven't found out how much taller and heavier he is now, than when he was assisting in the goal that won us the FA Cup. Because that was one of the reasons given for demoting him to the bench - too small; gets bullied etc. It's the old assumption habit - players have to fit certain parameters even if their actual performances make nonsense of these homespun yardsticks.

Perhaps Rodgers needs to go out on loan? 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, lestuhfox said:

His pass for Barnes for the 1st goal at MK would've been raved about if KDB, Messi etc had done it.

And the pass for our 2nd wasn't too shoddy either.

To be fair though, he has to produce that kind of form regularly before we start sticking him in the same category as game's greats! But who knows?

If anyone wondered why BR made LB (& RW) his priorities for this window, I’d say watch the first 10 mins of this game.

I’m a long way from writing him off, but he’s not ready to be a regular starter in a top half team.

Neither, BTW, are several others: Ward, Amartey, KDH, Soumare, Praet & Perez for starters 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

If anyone wondered why BR made LB (& RW) his priorities for this window, I’d say watch the first 10 mins of this game.

I’m a long way from writing him off, but he’s not ready to be a regular starter in a top half team.

Neither, BTW, are several others: Ward, Amartey, KDH, Soumare, Praet & Perez for starters 

That's convenient for them then as we are definitely not a top half side.

• Like 1