Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

well yeah he was very much behind Justin Castange and Thomas in the pecking order pre-injury, total wasted of a huge weekly wage and signing on fee

So he’s out of the squad. I’d have thought he’d have been ahead of Thomas had he been fit at the time of player registration, we only saw him in a short spell, has to be better than Thomas on his recent display, what a mess

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

So he’s out of the squad. I’d have thought he’d have been ahead of Thomas had he been fit at the time of player registration, we only saw him in a short spell, has to be better than Thomas on his recent display, what a mess

Thomas didn't need to be registered. Last season before he got injured he was already behind Thomas

• Like 1

There is also at least a chance that Thomas might improve. Bertrand is 33, was already firmly on the way down by the end of his time at Southampton and has now been out injured for over a year. The fact that we'll likely never see him play for us again is in my opinion one of the few things we have to be positive about this season.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Indeed, Fuchsy. The bile expended by this latest pack of jackals onto Luke Thomas's 'case' is akin to a pitchfork and torch lynching.
I hope he never ventures on to this forum and discovers the mentality of those who believe themselves to be 'fans' and 'supporters'. 

He was thrown in, at the proverbial deep end, in the latter half of the 20-21 season and performed to a consistently high level. Then he was dropped in favour of JJ - and I suspect that had nothing to do with form, just Rodgers' desire to get a hitherto high performing defender back in the team.

Thomas is still a kid and, as such, needed nurturing. I suspect he felt let down and unjustifiably passed by after such a brilliant beginning.

It's fecking tiresome to have to repeat the refutations - teams performing badly don't do so because of individuals - they badly affect the individuals within the team. And a manager who continually sacrifices his players to preserve his own standing is the most damaging of all.

Confidence is all and Rodgers has the unfortunate ability to suck confidence out of players...he's a football  vampire.

Absolutely 100% bang on. He has been brought into a team after the covid restart into a failing side with a basket case manager sucking the life out of everyone. 

But according to some, it’s all the players fault and Rodgers is faultless :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/01/2023 at 06:57, gerblod said:

Indeed, Fuchsy. The bile expended by this latest pack of jackals onto Luke Thomas's 'case' is akin to a pitchfork and torch lynching.
I hope he never ventures on to this forum and discovers the mentality of those who believe themselves to be 'fans' and 'supporters'. 

He was thrown in, at the proverbial deep end, in the latter half of the 20-21 season and performed to a consistently high level. Then he was dropped in favour of JJ - and I suspect that had nothing to do with form, just Rodgers' desire to get a hitherto high performing defender back in the team.

Thomas is still a kid and, as such, needed nurturing. I suspect he felt let down and unjustifiably passed by after such a brilliant beginning.

It's fecking tiresome to have to repeat the refutations - teams performing badly don't do so because of individuals - they badly affect the individuals within the team. And a manager who continually sacrifices his players to preserve his own standing is the most damaging of all.

Confidence is all and Rodgers has the unfortunate ability to suck confidence out of players...he's a football  vampire.

Definitely feel sorry for Thomas, he’s living every Leicester fans dream of playing for their club and even got to win the Fa cup where he had an excellent game. He’s regressed but think with better coaching he’d have come on leaps and bounds. I think his physicality needs working on and that would see him improve 10 fold, he’s still built like a little boy. Like chilwell was until he got in the gym and got himself a sprint coach. All I would do for a couple of hours a day extra with him would get him in the gym, and get him on the pitch doing lungbursting sprints. He’s technically decent, he just doesn’t have the physicality atm to compete at prem level which is no fault of his own, everyone could see that when he first got into the team and it’s not been addressed 

• Like 2

I hope Victor's attitude rubs on Luke. Victor is younger then him, about the same height, but he walks around the pitch like a giant silver back, beating his chest in the face of opponents. Luke needs to get abit of that attitude and get stronger. He's shown in patches that he can do a job, used to have a sweet left foot when he first came into the team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Young lad trying to learn in a struggling team, he’ll be fine as he matures not every players a leader than can drag his team mates through a difficult period at that age

Sorry but he just isn't good enough. We've just signed a younger left back who looks better.

• Like 4

On 15/01/2023 at 18:24, Jimmy said:

let Thomas plays as a proper left back, stop asking him to be a CM when we have the ball and let him provide supporting runs to Barnes, that's what he was doing last season, that's what Justin was doing last season, it worked, our moron of a self publicist changed it and is far too arrogant to admit his mistake

Like ALL managers Rodgers rightly wanted,sometimes forced to see where he could utilise Thomas.I still think he is a  stable player,but like you say at LB,it's just other star players were leaving him alone,with too much space to cover,when running back..

He is a decent crosser of the ball,but rightly until he gets his next PL chance, he is at present behind Justin,Kristiansen...

Later in his career ,like all modern FBs world wide,will be be able to fit in at WB.

Thomas's problem is not his general skillset which can always be honest,but he was left up the creek without a paddle, from so many star players being out of form & Barnes indifferent form since returning from a long injury.

And like it or not Rodgers was left bare on backline possibilities...

Ricardo,Ndidi,CBs,Justin,Castagna hits.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but he just isn't good enough. We've just signed a younger left back who looks better.

We have seen him be good enough though, at an age younger than Kristiansen is now, and in some of our biggest ever games

There is absolutely a player there if we get his development right going forward

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I hope Victor's attitude rubs on Luke. Victor is younger then him, about the same height, but he walks around the pitch like a giant silver back, beating his chest in the face of opponents. Luke needs to get abit of that attitude and get stronger. He's shown in patches that he can do a job, used to have a sweet left foot when he first came into the team.

Seems to have had his confidence destroyed by Rodgers and reading foxestalk.:brendan:

Just now, Royston. said:

Seems to have had his confidence destroyed by Rodgers 

Are you sure? Rodgers has been the one persisting with him previously, when it was obvious he was a weak link in the back line. 

I'm sure Thomas will come good in the future, but he's not ready yet, needs a loan move and to bulk out. There's no shame in it. KDH wasn't ready until 23 and look at how important he is for us now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Are you sure? Rodgers has been the one persisting with him previously, when it was obvious he was a weak link in the back line. 

I'm sure Thomas will come good in the future, but he's not ready yet, needs a loan move and to bulk out. There's no shame in it. KDH wasn't ready until 23 and look at how important he is for us now. 

Ideally you would think a manager would take a young player that is struggling out of the team for a bit

Just a bit of a shame that it also came at a time when we didn’t have anyone else to bring in so we weren’t really able to

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ideally you would think a manager would take a young player that is struggling out of the team for a bit

Just a bit of a shame that it also came at a time when we didn’t have anyone else to bring in so we weren’t really able to

I think that he would have if he had the option to, hence why Kristiansen was thrown in as soon as he was match ready. 

Edited by Pete52

58 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We have seen him be good enough though, at an age younger than Kristiansen is now, and in some of our biggest ever games

There is absolutely a player there if we get his development right going forward

And we will..

He is not as bad as some on FT will have..

Maybe he ought to get on the phone to Ben Chilwell and ask him to pass on whatever running exercises he spent summer 2018 doing - he came back at the start of the next season a totally different athlete compared to what we'd seen of him previously. Thomas is the same age now Chilwell was then as well.

Chilwell was always reasonably quick. He just put more time and effort in the gym to reach his genetic potential. Thomas' physical baseline and peak are obviously far lower than Chilwell's.  

Below average athletes don't become great athletes in football, they already have great strength, conditioning, diets, nutrition etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Development is a two way thing, the player has to put into it too. Rodgers helped Chilwell but Chilwell helped himself too.

• Like 1