Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

I hope Victor's attitude rubs on Luke. Victor is younger then him, about the same height, but he walks around the pitch like a giant silver back, beating his chest in the face of opponents. Luke needs to get abit of that attitude and get stronger. He's shown in patches that he can do a job, used to have a sweet left foot when he first came into the team.

Are they the same height? victor looks a lot taller

18 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Chilwell was always reasonably quick. He just put more time and effort in the gym to reach his genetic potential. Thomas' physical baseline and peak are obviously far lower than Chilwell's.  

Below average athletes don't become great athletes in football, they already have great strength, conditioning, diets, nutrition etc.

His baseline maybe lower then Chilwell.

But even most elite sprinters don't reach their prime and quickest times around to around 24-26

So it is is possible to develop even at the age of 21, he can get quicker and stronger.

21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Chilwell was always reasonably quick. He just put more time and effort in the gym to reach his genetic potential. Thomas' physical baseline and peak are obviously far lower than Chilwell's.  

Below average athletes don't become great athletes in football, they already have great strength, conditioning, diets, nutrition etc.

I wasn't sure it would be necessary but I'm happy to clarify it was not a serious suggestion, in the same way I don't think we could make Perez really quick by sending him on an intensive training camp with Lloyd Dyer

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

His baseline maybe lower then Chilwell.

But even most elite sprinters don't reach their prime and quickest times around to around 24-26

So it is is possible to develop even at the age of 21, he can get quicker and stronger.

If players could get significantly quicker most players would, it’d give them such a huge advantage in their career.

Albrighton would have had a far better career if he was faster, given he’s a model professional he’d almost certainly have developed his speed.

Thomas is slow, he might be ever so slightly less slow if he really focussed on developing his running style and trained for it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If players could get significantly quicker most players would, it’d give them such a huge advantage in their career.

Albrighton would have had a far better career if he was faster, given he’s a model professional he’d almost certainly have developed his speed.

Thomas is slow, he might be ever so slightly less slow if he really focussed on developing his running style and trained for it.

Luke Thomas ain't ever gonna be quick. He can work on stamina (see Madders and Youri for that) ...but long term, LT will work on positioning, 'man or the ball but not both' type defending. He does seem very good at mopping up at the back post, Simpson style. 

But he'll carve a career out at league1 or championship level I'd guess. No shame in that. Still a level to be admired and envied and leads to a great life and good income 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but he just isn't good enough. We've just signed a younger left back who looks better.

Difference is Kristiansen learnt his trade in the Danish prem, whereas Luke essentially became first choice left back in the best league in the world without getting a decent run of games under his belt first. 

Edited by walkerleeds
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Both 5'11" Kristiansan is about 5 kilos heavier. Victor just seems much angrier than Luke. I am a big fan of a bad attitude. No room for niceness in our position.

...Thomas obviously missing the influence of Fuchs!!!

Mentorship cut off before it could have the impact at the time he really needs it.

Worried that Kristiansen won't be here long, it would be Interesting if he was playing for another Premier league team. I am sure we would have a different opinion of him. He is a hig asset,  just does not feel like a Leicester player.

15 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He's technically decent, he just doesn’t have the physicality atm to compete at prem level which is no fault of his own, everyone could see that when he first got into the team and it’s not been addressed 

You've hit the nail on the head there. His physicality hasn't progressed in the manner I'd imagined it would. And I believe, that after that ideal half-season he enjoyed - when he was thrown in at the deep-end - he got knocked back when Rodgers preferred Justin to him. He needs his confidence and strength building back up, but I wonder whether there's still a place at City for him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gerblod said:

You've hit the nail on the head there. His physicality hasn't progressed in the manner I'd imagined it would. And I believe, that after that ideal half-season he enjoyed - when he was thrown in at the deep-end - he got knocked back when Rodgers preferred Justin to him. He needs his confidence and strength building back up, but I wonder whether there's still a place at City for him.

Yes there is a place for him: Need to develop him to replace Victor when he joins our feeder Club Chelsea in 18 months time.

• Like 1

He’s just not dynamic enough for me. Fullback is such an important position in the modern game, especially in an attacking sense but Luke just doesn’t offer enough to where we aspire to be as a club. That’s no slight on him, and he might develop that side of his game, but it’s light and day between him and Victor.

He’s technically a decent defender, Liverpool at home last season he was fantastic, especially in the second half in nullifying Salah. But his game just doesn’t seem to have progressed, he doesn’t offer enough going forward and physically he hasn’t developed at the same pace others have at his age. 

it’s catch 22 with him, he needs games to develop, but as it stands we’re weaker as a team with him playing. If everyone was fit he wouldn’t get near the bench, let alone challenge for a starting birth. It’s a shame because when he broke though it looked like we’d have another gem on our hands 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

He’s just not dynamic enough for me.

This is it for me and I can't see how Thomas gaining more experience will ever change that. You're either dynamic or you're not. He just isn't able to provide the necessary attacking support for Barnes as he doesn't make anywhere near enough forward runs or passes. This stunts the whole team's offensive capacity and means that Barnes is more easily controlled by the opposition. It's no surprise that Barnes immediately looks better with Vic behind him. 

• Like 2

He’s had some excellent games against some top opponents so there is a player there, hasn’t progressed as hoped but I’m just confused what happened to his attacking play he displayed early on? He’s clearly not a defenders defender but isn’t a left winger either so I’m confused with to regards of his position; is it he doesn’t suit the team / formation or bad coaching?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Big_Nige said:

He’s just not dynamic enough for me. Fullback is such an important position in the modern game, especially in an attacking sense but Luke just doesn’t offer enough to where we aspire to be as a club. That’s no slight on him, and he might develop that side of his game, but it’s light and day between him and Victor.

He’s technically a decent defender, Liverpool at home last season he was fantastic, especially in the second half in nullifying Salah. But his game just doesn’t seem to have progressed, he doesn’t offer enough going forward and physically he hasn’t developed at the same pace others have at his age. 

it’s catch 22 with him, he needs games to develop, but as it stands we’re weaker as a team with him playing. If everyone was fit he wouldn’t get near the bench, let alone challenge for a starting birth. It’s a shame because when he broke though it looked like we’d have another gem on our hands 

If Nacho can he can..

If Vardy can he can....

Too much amazingly put on age & development on FT of all forums...

"When will they ever learn"...

Oh..& big Nige, just said it...:P

Edited by fuchsntf

As we assume Justin will return fairly soon , Luke will not make the bench. Kristiansan and Justin are both young players so I am sure it will be in Thomas's interest to find another club now and not suffer the same fate as Callum Wright and Josh Knight. He has decent PL experience and is not a high earner so he would be attractive to a Championship club. It would be particularly bad if LCFC priced him out of that sort of move. It would not be in his interest to hang about here with no hope of advancement.

He's one of the players who will always play back up in the Prem. That said it's important to have these in you're squad as relief (25-30K a week) but I just can not see him developing beyond this.  He has to many attributes to work on and in 2 1/2 years he's 24 and entering his peak 3 years as a professional. 

if we continue to aspire to be top half of the tabke this will be his role.