Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

In his first season he played with such promise, overlapping with Barnes to give City real threat on the left. Oh how such promise dissipated so quickly. He lacks in almost all areas of the game - inability to read the game, basic control, pass (unless unchallenged and backwards), tackle or run with the ball. I anticipate that at the end of his present over paid contract he will struggle to secure a contract within the top four divisions.

• Like 1

I don't care that he's 21 and that he's an academy product, the guy is crap. He's not and most likely will never be a Premier League player.

Honestly,  would yoy rather have Schlupp or Thomas as LB? I'll take Schlupp over this guy, and Schlupp was a ****ing donkey 🫏 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I don't care that he's 21 and that he's an academy product, the guy is crap. He's not and most likely will never be a Premier League player.

Honestly,  would yoy rather have Schlupp or Thomas as LB? I'll take Schlupp over this guy, and Schlupp was a ****ing donkey 🫏 

Schlupp was a thousand times better than Thomas. He was a donkey though

To think I got absolutely pelted on here after calling him Lightweight Luke when VC had a couple of stormers 🥴🥴

The lad is miles off the pace and well out of his depth, the regression since he broke through is unfathomable. He desperately needs a season on loan otherwise he'll completely disappear. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The guy has shown promise but sadly, as tonight showed all too much, he has regressed and his confidence is shot.

That also seems the case with many other players. Is there a common denominator? 

Promise? For maybe all of one game if that? He's been abysmal for absolutely ages! Would seriously rather have Ward playing as left back and Iverson playing in goal. Tried to be diplomatic before but now we've got to call it what it is. Simply not good enough and will never be. All this talk about him out all the time and too big for his boots. Get rid of him. Don't care if we only get a fiver for him. Will then stop his little 'crew' having an issue with Kristianson hopefully and if it doesn't then get rid of his little arrogant crew! Had enough 

Still not sure how he was fast tracked when you look at other players his age in the U23’s. He’s really no better than any of them. How Rodgers ever thought we were in a position where we’ve been that good at home this year that we could afford to play Thomas and Amartey in a vital match like this after he’d dropped them as soon as he possibly could I don’t know. Needless to say it backfired massively. 

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Promise? For maybe all of one game if that? He's been abysmal for absolutely ages! Would seriously rather have Ward playing as left back and Iverson playing in goal. Tried to be diplomatic before but now we've got to call it what it is. Simply not good enough and will never be. All this talk about him out all the time and too big for his boots. Get rid of him. Don't care if we only get a fiver for him. Will then stop his little 'crew' having an issue with Kristianson hopefully and if it doesn't then get rid of his little arrogant crew! Had enough 

What's the story behind this?