Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Add 6 years for a broken Ricardo and 4 more years for Albrighton at a time he was a bench option at best.

We’ve been badly led for some time.

Ricardo was one of our best players last season so his was probably justified..

• Like 3

15 hours ago, westernpark said:

6 years for Luke Thomas still wasn’t as bad as 4 years for Matty James circa 2017/2018 time.

Now that was batshit.

Whatever your feelings on Adrien Silva, playing an injury-prone and thus* overweight Matty James ahead of him ( and occasionally Iborra) summed up Claude Puel's time here.

*Getting "thus" into a conversation in 2024 deserves it's own accolade

14 hours ago, MPH said:

Ricardo was one of our best players last season so his was probably justified..

To be fair though when we offered him that deal we probably never imagined a year of it would be played in the Championship. Of course he cruised it, he was genuinely one of the best players to ever play at that level.

• 1 month later...

I thought Luke looked comfortable at the level we played yesterday, and it's perplexing—he’s had plenty of game time across different teams and leagues, so why hasn’t he improved?

I don’t want to exaggerate, but I genuinely believe he’s more of a lower Championship or League one player—not just in skill, but also in physicality. What he has going for him is a competitive environment to learn from and, of course, his young age, but so far, I’m not seeing any fruits bearing from it.

6 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

I thought Luke looked comfortable at the level we played yesterday, and it's perplexing—he’s had plenty of game time across different teams and leagues, so why hasn’t he improved?

I don’t want to exaggerate, but I genuinely believe he’s more of a lower Championship or League one player—not just in skill, but also in physicality. What he has going for him is a competitive environment to learn from and, of course, his young age, but so far, I’m not seeing any fruits bearing from it.

It’s only physically he may struggle. In tight areas he’s very good and his passing ability is something VK can only dream about. Thought he had a fine game last night always available and mixed his passing up nicely.

• Like 1