Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Starting to look like a very accomplished player. Quite excited about his performances of late. To be doing what he's doing at his age in incredible, especially as I think there's still a lot more to come. 

As for tonight's penalty I can't get my head around why a) the manager would allow him to be put in that situation at such as young age, and b) why none of the senior player's didn't intervene. Seems really odd that he'd be one of the initial five. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

His pen was fine, fairly sure it was going in the side netting. 

Albrightons was awful but I've not seen one mention of it.

Hope he gets a chance to stick on on Jota on the 28th.

Albrighton’s penalty hit the net. All in all that’s all that matters surely?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TK95 said:

The Roy Keane tunnel clash with Vieira always comes to mind when I see things like this.

Who is sticking up for Thomas? Same with the Rudiger incident last season

Henderson was mouthing off all game today yet no senior player would tell him where to stick it. Some probably too scared to upset their England mate.

Far too soft without leaders on the pitch

Thats a great shout. Hated Keane as a player at the time but have more and more respect for his role they are hard to come by. 

Henderson is a mouthy bastard but you just know he'd be the first one to give shit to our players if say Ndidi or Youri elbowed Curtis Jones or something, we dont have that type of player in our squad.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TK95 said:

Henderson was mouthing off all game today yet no senior player would tell him where to stick it. Some probably too scared to upset their England mate.

Same at Villa the other week too when Ashley Young was basically running it and getting in our faces. 

We haven't got players that will collectively go back.

• Like 1

At one point when it was 3-2, he made a brilliant pass / cross which Vardy flicked on to Iheanacho (that he should have scored).

He’s going to get better and it’s just a matter of time before people start sniffing around like they did with Chilwell.  

2 hours ago, ren said:

20 year old lad had the most fight out of any of our players yesterday by a mile. Really are a soft side nowadays, imagine the reaction from Huth, Morgan ect when Luke got clobbered yesterday. 

Morgan rarely got involved in that way, no-one wanted to mess with him and he'd usually stay cool .... Wasilewski, Drinkwater, Huth and Simmo though, yeah. Even more who could handle themselves like Ulloa, Inler, Iborra.

We've lost alot of brawn since those early Prem days.

What do we have now? Youri's a blue belt in judo but he's not exactly a menacing character, and gets alot of respect. Kasper's a joker and is at the ref more than opposition players. Vardy has bite but knows when and where to pick his battles. Ndidi is just a cool guy. Ricardo is all yap and now perma-crocked. Ayoze has abit of anger about him at times but he's not scaring many off.

I think the only current player who has shown genuine hardman potential here is big Daniel Amartey.

Edited by Jaspa

10 hours ago, TK95 said:

The Roy Keane tunnel clash with Vieira always comes to mind when I see things like this.

Ding ding ding you explained it perfectly 

• Like 1

He seems like he has a lot of football intelligence and his positioning has improved so much.  He is starting to look like a man too now which also will help him as he was a little powder puff when he first came in.  Seems to have a little extra pace too lately.  As long as he is played as a left back and not a wing back he has a big future in the game.  Perhaps he can learn the wing back role as he goes along.