Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree, Trent too. They both had 7/10 performances, but Thomas had a 9.

It's been said before, but he's ahead of where Chilwell was at the same age. Different sort of player, less physical and less energetic, but more accomplished on the ball and much better defensively.

Less athletic, but always more willing to put his body on the line, and for a (relatively) slightly built lad, does this very well  :thumbup:

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree, Trent too. They both had 7/10 performances, but Thomas had a 9.

It's been said before, but he's ahead of where Chilwell was at the same age. Different sort of player, less physical and less energetic, but more accomplished on the ball and much better defensively.

I think his physicality is coming on, Chilwell was quite lightweight until his 20s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Paninistickers too lol

Ive been dishing out high praise these last 2 or 3 games, tbf. But happy, delighted, jubilant to be wrong. 

He was absolutely stunning tonight..10/10. He came of age. 

Sometimes professional players at this level need to have a bit of needle and 'fck you' to doubters. I'm delighted he's stuck two fingers up to me with recent high level performances x

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

I think his physicality is coming on, Chilwell was quite lightweight until his 20s. 

That's true, but what I mean by this is that Chilwell has incredible stamina. David Wagner recommended him to Klopp when he was on loan at Huddersfield because he knew he can get up and down all day long like a modern fullback does. Thomas I don't think will ever be quite that box-to-box.

That's not necessarily an indictment though! There was an Italian lad named Paolo Maldini that wasn't blessed with stamina that turned out to be a half decent left-back lol. In fact he plays like a mini version of Maldini in that he uses his reading of the game and quality on the ball as his primary attributes instead of immense physicality. Personally I prefer that type of defender, but players like Alexander-Arnold show that attack is more important than defence in the current game. But that said, Alexander-Arnold was at fault for our goal, and it's a big weakness of his. Unbelievable going forwards but very poor defensively.

• Like 1