Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Hes not a flashy full back by any means. Hes actually a throw back in many respects, tidy on the ball and defends well. He defends the back post like Danny Simpson did.

That sort of performance was amazing, chilwell got sat on his arse by man City and Liverpool two years ago, Thomas is younger and ****ing smashed it.

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree, Trent too. They both had 7/10 performances, but Thomas had a 9.

It's been said before, but he's ahead of where Chilwell was at the same age. Different sort of player, less physical and less energetic, but more accomplished on the ball and much better defensively.

Is it possible to be less physical than Chilwell? 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Is it possible to be less physical than Chilwell? 

To be fair to Chilwell, he gets a lot of unfair criticism over this. In his early career with us he had a terrible time away at Milwall in the Cup where they bullied him both physically and mentally, and in the Puel days, teams used to target him with the high diagonal to beat him in the air. But in his last season with us, his aerial clearances were only bettered by Ndidi and he dramatically improved this aspect of his game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not his biggest fan and think 50m was outstanding business by us. I'd rather have JJ, Castagne or the current version of Thomas ahead of him. But Chilwell has shown he's a very good player, Chelsea's recent dip has coincided with him getting injured and it looks like they will sign Lucas Digne of Everton to cover for his long term injury.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Does he get in ahead of Justin? 

On current form 100%.

Also with JJ, let's be honest this season is just about getting back to physical fitness. I don't expect him to be anywhere near the same level he was at previously. Look at Ricardo as an example. Maddison also took a long time to get going again, which to be fair he has more than done so in recent weeks.

Fofana will be similar. Don't expect him to suddenly be our colossus at the back. He needs minutes just to get back to half decent shape again.

• Like 1

The guy is a fvcking hero.

I can't remember which member on here is his uncle, but you should be so God damn proud.

With Chilwell out until next season and Shaw out of the Man Utd side, Southgate should call up our Luke for some experience.

I'm not calling for him to play, but get him around the team.

If he carries on developing as he has, we've got a player of Ashley Cole's qualities on our hands.

Incredible tonight.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 3