Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Every time I see him he looks like a out 15 and 9 stonexweg through and I think hiw is he a Premier league player!!!

BUT 100% respect to the lad, pure respect.

Holding his own against the big boys and playing for his home town.

WOW just amazing. Every lads dream come true(apart from getting shagged by their sexy English teacher...well that was mine anyway!)

21 minutes ago, turlo said:

There was a comment from Big Wes last season saying Thomas has nerves of steel and nothing phases him, which we can see as he's often stepped up and performed well on the big occasions for us. 

Got the feeling with Chilwell that he didn’t believe in his own ability when up against the best players playing for Leicester. 

Thomas (and I think the same of Amartey too) don’t really care who they are up against. They will not be intimidated by the ‘name’ 

• Like 2

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1542319/Liverpool-James-Maddison-Leicester-changing-room-Luke-Thomas-Mohamed-Salah

James Maddison exposes Leicester changing room hack that saw Luke Thomas pocket Mo Salah
LEICESTER were collectively excellent as they beat Liverpool 1-0 at the King Power Stadium.
By RYAN TAYLOR
09:36, Wed, Dec 29, 2021 | UPDATED: 09:36, Wed, Dec 29, 2021

James Maddison mocked his Leicester team-mate Luke Thomas on Instagram for his faultless display that saw him nullify Liverpool's Mohamed Salah after the Foxes' 1-0 triumph and unearthed the scouting report that helped the left-back keep the attacker at bay. While these are common in every football dressing room around the country, it appears the Leicester analysis team's homework came up trumps on this occasion as Salah endured a rare off night at the King Power Stadium.

While they easily could have been removed, there was no other individual scouting reports visible in the other changing room spaces in the footage posted on Maddison's Instagram story.

That perhaps offers some insight into the lengths Leicester felt they had to go to in order to stop the Premier League's top scorer.

This kind of detailed scouting reports provide statistics and usually indicate what areas the player likes to receive the ball, where he runs and what he does when in possession, ensuring defenders are clued up before they go into battle.

"Stop checking what everyone's saying about your performance versus Salah, bro," Maddison joked as he recorded Thomas in the dressing room.

James Maddison Mo Salah scouting report
James Maddison accidentally recorded a glimpse of Leicester's scouting report of Mo Salah (Image: Instagram/Madders)
The 20-year-old left-back enjoyed one of his best performances for Leicester to date in order to help keep Salah quiet.

The Egyptian won a penalty in the first half when he was tripped by Wilfred Ndidi but Salah failed to convert from the spot.

His kick was saved by Kasper Schmeichel before he headed the rebound off the bar.

Salah was denied by another brilliant save from Schmeichel once again before the break on what was proving to be a difficult night for the forward.

In the second half, Salah was barely given a sniff by his opposite number Thomas, who done a great job in limiting the attacker's involvement.

Arguably the world's greatest player based on current form was evidently frustrated come the full-time whistle, with his face telling the story.

Liverpool simply did not have an answer and that was telling in Jurgen Klopp's reaction to the defeat.

Usually, the German is renowned for shifting the blame onto the referee or the schedule when Liverpool fail to deliver all three points but this time around he admitted the Reds deserved to taste defeat.

And that was largely a tribute to Leicester's collective defensive effort just over 48 hours after their 6-3 defeat at Man City.

Leicester Brendan Rodgers took the chance to praise Thomas for his development and performance after the triumph.

“He’s been incredible. He’s 20 years old and he’s someone who hasn’t played so many first-team games," he said.

"The FA Cup final was only his first game in front of supporters.

“Nothing fazes him. He’s done really well against [Riyad] Mahrez [on Sunday], and wasn’t beaten so often tonight.

"He’s a really good defender, tough and never gives up.”

• Thanks 1

Just now, davieG said:

Usually, the German is renowned for shifting the blame onto the referee or the schedule when Liverpool fail to deliver all three points but this time around he admitted the Reds deserved to taste defeat.

Really! I hadn't noticed.

• Haha 2

He was excellent last night and he does look to be getting physically stronger which was something he needed to improve on.  The experience he is gaining now is so valuable. I was one that would have had Bertrand ahead of him at the start of the season but Bertrand has obviously gone to complete s**t for whatever reason.  Thomas has the shirt for me now most likely for the rest of the season. I do hope Justin comes back into it but he may well take the right back slot!

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Got the feeling with Chilwell that he didn’t believe in his own ability when up against the best players playing for Leicester. 

Thomas (and I think the same of Amartey too) don’t really care who they are up against. They will not be intimidated by the ‘name’ 

I was going to post similar earlier! I remember certain wingers had Chilwell on toast time and time again leaving me dreading that he would end up in a one vs one situation with them.

Thomas however even if he gets beaten once you can guarantee the next time he will not let it happen again. 

Chilwell was fantastic in the air but apart from that i think Thomas is further along now than Chilwell was aged 20.

39 minutes ago, sdb said:

Was he particularly highly rated in the youth set up? I'd never heard of him before the (spurs?) debut, despite keeping an eye on that past of the club. 

Yeah a few on here who follow the youth teams said that he was more highly rated by the coaches than Chillwell.

• Like 1

His tally of seven interceptions was the most by a single player in a single game this Premier League season. He’s not just responding to danger, he’s spotting it and cutting it out at source, showing the agility to intervene and nab the ball.

some performance that

(copy and paste from the Merc)

Edited by eblair
  • Like 2