Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

Yeah a few on here who follow the youth teams said that he was more highly rated by the coaches than Chillwell.

Yeah and he almost bypassed the 23s as he wasn't the biggest. He's been an England age group international the whole way up.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Hes stepped up in the same way Justin did when Ricardo got injured.

Hes gone from bit part player to one of the first names on the team sheet. Since the warsaw game hes been absolutely terrific.

I know bertrand has been utter shit but I do wonder if he's been a help off the pitch, I've seen lots of footage of them chatting positioning and stuff.

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes stepped up in the same way Justin did when Ricardo got injured.

Hes gone from bit part player to one of the first names on the team sheet. Since the warsaw game hes been absolutely terrific.

I know bertrand has been utter shit but I do wonder if he's been a help off the pitch, I've seen lots of footage of them chatting positioning and stuff.

Let's hope he's not going to teach him how to stand near the corner flag when everyone else is 25 yards from goal like he did at Napoli 😂

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think we now realise how good peak Christian Fuchs was. One of our most inspired signings. Luke's problem will be the return of J.J. and limited game time.

I think Castagne has a problem, not Luke. Justin if he returns to form and fitness is likely to move to right back if Castagne continues to be distinctly average.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Castagne has a problem, not Luke. Justin if he returns to form and fitness is likely to move to right back if Castagne continues to be distinctly average.

Will be plenty of game time for both we have 20 league game 3 cup games minimum.

We are likely to get thought in ECL and FA Cup adding another 3 games.

With the 3 PL games to fit in and the Cup games we are going to be playing most midweeks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Castagne has been one of our better players this season in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jon Bez said:

Really? He's looked really poor. Even the other night he was making poor decisions, playing people into to trouble and making errors defensively.

Sort of player who should be giving you a 7/10 every week but just seems to be way off his levels this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Bez said:

Really? Have you been watching a different player? He's looked nervous at times. Making bad decisions every week. Gets caught on the ball a lot too.

On 30/12/2021 at 10:05, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah and he almost bypassed the 23s as he wasn't the biggest. He's been an England age group international the whole way up.

that will place him at the forefront of Southgate's thinking. He is often quoted as preferring players coming up through the England set up

7 minutes ago, Jon Bez said:

most of our players have been inconsistent and only occasionally playing to their potential this year but Timmy was so good last season that his current form is a disappointing shadow . I can't believe that the shocking head injury he sustained in the Euros can not have affected his performances

Luke has been a real plus point this season and great to see young players from the local area coming through so consistently now. Our injury problems have been horrendous over the last couple of years. It is indicative of the strength of our squad that we are able to maintain a top half position and still beat one of worlds best teams whilst in such a dire position. Exciting attractive football too. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I agree with what you are saying but just seemed to be what some were implying. 

Personally though, I’d still start a fit Castagne and Soyuncu over Thomas and Amartey though, regardless of recent form. 

So you would pick them if they were out of form or not playing as well as others? 

• Like 2

On 30/12/2021 at 10:26, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Totally worth some short term pain in his early days for long term gain. The fact Bertrand was even considered ahead of him is a disgrace. 

Will be better than Chilwell in 12 months time.

Not to mention Chilwell getting his knee redone will set him back a bit