Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/21/leicester-city-rookie-luke-thomas-emerges-surprise-candidate/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1642778174-1

Leicester City's Luke Thomas emerges as surprise candidate for England's World Cup plans

Gareth Southgate has been impressed by his recent form

Could be called up for March games against Ivory Coast and Switzerland

Southgate looking at his options due to Chilwell injury and Shaw's issues recently

Having a good season, very impressive in the win against Liverpool, caught the eye against Spurs with his goal line clearance

Already well known to England coaching staff having progressed through the age ranges at Under-18, U19, U20 and U21 level, and Southgate is known to keep a close eye on players who have come through the system.

No surprise - it’s how Southgate works.  if JJ plays regularly over next six weeks then he could also feature as he has also come along the U21 route 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

No wonder England never win anything if Thomas is going to be selected.

He is improving but still has a lot to learn, he is nowhere near ready for international football

Yeah I mean it's not like he marked the best player in the world two games ago to a clean sheet.

Our fans. Ffs.

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/21/leicester-city-rookie-luke-thomas-emerges-surprise-candidate/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1642778174-1

Leicester City's Luke Thomas emerges as surprise candidate for England's World Cup plans

Gareth Southgate has been impressed by his recent form

Could be called up for March games against Ivory Coast and Switzerland

Southgate looking at his options due to Chilwell injury and Shaw's issues recently

Having a good season, very impressive in the win against Liverpool, caught the eye against Spurs with his goal line clearance

Already well known to England coaching staff having progressed through the age ranges at Under-18, U19, U20 and U21 level, and Southgate is known to keep a close eye on players who have come through the system.

it would be a wonderful experience for him. Maybe get him a few minutes if we have already qualified for the second round with a game to go.. but I hope it doesn’t all go to his head ala Chillwell.

Really happy for him if true. I think he has acquitted himself excellent last few games hes been in. As for being ready, Southgate likes to build for the future too so i only see plus sides for him personally if this happens.

Edited by jamesp26

Just now, Unabomber said:

Wonder if Justin will replace him in our team once he is fully fit or if he will go to right back. 

I think we will probably see JJ right back and Thomas left back until at least March anyway due to Ricardo and Castagne being out

• Like 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

I think we will probably see JJ right back and Thomas left back until at least March anyway due to Ricardo and Castagne being out

Yeah I guess so. It’s weird cos I love Justin at lb, not very often right footed players play there and he does it brilliantly. But l still want Thomas to play.