Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Wow that's embarrassing stuff. Just because he fell over against you doesn't make him any of the above. I've never seen him do it before or since. 

The above posts show more insight about the two of you than anything else. Wanting a player to get injured or calling him a **** because of one incident? Get a grip FFS. 

I've seen him do it every time I've seen him play which is four times. Lots of one eyedness here. He looks a good prospect but he also looks like a massive berk.

And yes I do call out our own players if they do the same. 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Apologies it is no work Friday. The thing about Thomas that is exciting is his steady improvement. He is visibly stronger and faster than this time last year. Hew was coming across the back line to get involved against Burnley and his defensive nous and general game awareness Is improving at a similar rate. His desire to influence the game demonstrated when he drifted into the box. The disappointment on his face when the net didn’t ripple. 

He is 20!  Imagine what he could become in 2 or 3 years time. 

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

On Luke, he really needs to start becoming stronger and faster physically. We need him hitting similar levels to KDH. 

Hopefully hes willing to put the graft in and make thay effort. Its what will separate him from being an average full back and a top full back.

The ability and reading of the game is there and will improve naturally. The main work is gonna be getting him up to scratch physically so he can be an asset going both ways as much as JJ and Ricardo are

He is only 21 this year hard to compare him with KDH 3 years his senior, and wasn’t thrown in to the premier league at the same age, most youngsters naturally get stronger and bigger physically.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He is only 21 this year hard to compare him with KDH 3 years his senior, and wasn’t thrown in to the premier league at the same age, most youngsters naturally get stronger and bigger physically.

Oh I'd agree, he's still gotta put that graft in though, KDH didn't get that fit by luck. At 21 he's done his natural growing now, so it's all on him. Very excited to see the player he becomes over the next couple of seasons. Same with JJ if he can remain fit.

Big praise from Rodgers for Thomas

Thinking about assessing squad for summer?

“There’s been a lot of positives. Luke Thomas has been arguably our player of the season so far. Dewsbury-Hall has added a different dimension to the team. It’s about availability. That’s been the biggest challenge. We have to ensure our squad is robust.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Big praise from Rodgers for Thomas

Thinking about assessing squad for summer?

“There’s been a lot of positives. Luke Thomas has been arguably our player of the season so far. Dewsbury-Hall has added a different dimension to the team. It’s about availability. That’s been the biggest challenge. We have to ensure our squad is robust.”

I’m not a mad anti-Rodgers zealot; but the way both were treated at start of season was appalling

rodgers picked Betrand in front of Thomas for a while; and Soumare in front of KDH

this feels like bit of apology for his start of season shenanigans 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eblair said:

I’m not a mad anti-Rodgers zealot; but the way both were treated at start of season was appalling

rodgers picked Betrand in front of Thomas for a while; and Soumare in front of KDH

All managers, see their squads, & charges differently to the fans, Plus those fans, on The Soul Process of being a Supporter is to give the manager the space

and give him the right to Chose game day selection from the squad...especially When this forums track Record has Massively failed year in year out of having the

knack of Not being able to Pick or Spot a player...

And in the cases you mention...,Rodgers/Any manager knew they have Two Local Youngsters

who will make the break through, But One will want to knowi mmediately What the new investment have to offer, & also gametime to Fall in and learn the squads spirit & character..

New intern kids will already have that within them & have Time through the season to start um make  their mark...

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, eblair said:

Tbf I think it was only the Community Shield Bertrand where Bertrand was picked ahead of Thomas (and I thought Bertrand had a pretty decent game), at the start of the season neither of them were available at the same time, and then when they both were available Thomas was chosen ahead of him and rotated in Europa - although he was stupid with choosing to play Bertrand vs Napoli

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Tbf I think it was only the Community Shield Bertrand where Bertrand was picked ahead of Thomas (and I thought Bertrand had a pretty decent game), at the start of the season neither of them were available at the same time, and then when they both were available Thomas was chosen ahead of him and rotated in Europa - although he was stupid with choosing to play Bertrand vs Napoli

Bertrand was chosen on the bench instead of him a lot though and Thomas wasn't even in the squad. Then started all the early European games, was odd. I know Bertrand could also cover CB but he's crap there as well.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bertrand was chosen on the bench instead of him a lot though and Thomas wasn't even in the squad. Then started all the early European games, was odd. I know Bertrand could also cover CB but he's crap there as well.

Ah yeah honestly completely forgot he just dropped him, just thought Rodgers had kicked him and put him out injured for a few weeks lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You have to introduce youngsters carefully and with sensitivity. To be fair I think he has handled his introduction and progress quite well. Likewise with KDH. He has rested them when they have had a tough game and built up their game time and confidence alongside each other. Premier league is a tough gig. 

5 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

You have to introduce youngsters carefully and with sensitivity. To be fair I think he has handled his introduction and progress quite well. Likewise with KDH. He has rested them when they have had a tough game and built up their game time and confidence alongside each other. Premier league is a tough gig. 

I don't think opting to leave him out of the entire match day squad instead of Bertrand on the bench who was struggling with the aftermath of covid is careful or sensitive for a young player who had been in the match day squads pretty much every game for over a year previous. He could only name one and decided Bertrand was who he's rather name, was a poor decision as Bertrand has been abysmal here.

• Like 1

Can't claim to be an expert on positioning of a defender but he just seems to have his body in the right position a lot of the time amongst other things that make him stand out as a guy who knows the art of defending. With the experience and a bit more physical development, the sky's the limit for him

• Like 2

Thought he mostly played well. Although thought he rushed out to press the full back on occasion, especially in the second half leaving Raphina free. 

Not completely his fault as Barnes isn’t great defensively. But appeared to me he jumped out a few times leaving a gaping hole behind, when he’d have been better off holding his position and letting Barnes get across to Dallas. 

Just my view. Overall had another decent game, and still looks a great prospect for us moving forward. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
58 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Brilliant today. Showed a fair bit of composure I thought. 

I love him. Hes such a technically good footballer. Our whole left side was a joy to watch today including kdh, who just ran and ran and ran.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

8 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I have a lot of time for Luke, but England squad!?

For the upcoming internationals ay, 

Minus Shaw, our other go to LB's are injured. 

Chilwell still out, Trippier injured, Saka hasn't played LB in a long time either. Unless he converts a RB to LB (which I can see him doing), he could do a lot worse than giving Luke a go 

58 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

For the upcoming internationals ay, 

Minus Shaw, our other go to LB's are injured. 

Chilwell still out, Trippier injured, Saka hasn't played LB in a long time either. Unless he converts a RB to LB (which I can see him doing), he could do a lot worse than giving Luke a go 

I like him. But I don’t think he has England on the cards. Not yet anyway.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's becoming as good defensively as Christian Fuchs was IMO. Some of his last ditch nicks and interceptions have improved astronomically in the last year, he's going to give us plenty of reliability but it's whether he he can quicken up slightly with his running on and off the ball and get back to delivering good quality crosses and passes which he is capable of.

He's developing very nicely though, he's played a lot of football for us already which is one of the few plus points of our relentless injuries in the last 2 years.

I noticed he was under and over lapping quite a bit more than usual today, some of the interplay between him, KDH, and Barnes was excellent

• Like 4