Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

12 minutes ago, happy85 said:

I seen two take on from Luke Thomas in the last 3 season 

the worst attacking LB In the premier lge

Ohhh I see you have decided to come out again - you have been pretty quiet in this thread lately!

With a player like Barnes ahead of him who doesn’t track back we don’t need him to be a “marauding” full back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Really don’t think he was that bad today. Struggling to think of Saka making an impact. I’m all for him learning lessons too. 

Did a lot more defensively than anyone else in our team today

Our right side is a lot more of an issue than our left at the moment

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 minutes ago, happy85 said:

I seen two take on from Luke Thomas in the last 3 season 

the worst attacking LB In the premier lge

Go away you boring idiot.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He wouldn't because he's having a good season. He was excellent in the last 3 games before today. Likewise there's been other games he's been very good this season, like Liverpool at home.

He's doing well, if Justin, Ricardo and possibly Castagne are ever fit long enough to challenge for his place he might not play every game but otherwise he's good enough for where we want to be, he's proven that last season as well.

Exactly. And he pocketed Salah FFS. Not even like Salah just had a quieter game; it was down to the way Thomas dealt with him.

Very good young player who is still inconsistent and has a fair few poorer games because of that. It's to be expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, happy85 said:

If we want to challenge for top 4 we need a more of a overlapping LB. 

in his 3rd season and yet to see a improvement 

lol 

I’m not his biggest fan and he’s still got a lot to improve on but he’s only 20 years old!

He’s come and leaps and bounds since his debut. 

I’m not sure how people can’t see the link between our worst season for a while and regular game time for the likes of Thomas. 

He’s young and will improve and needs a season in the championship. Forest tore him a new one so he will get better in that league playing every week. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

If we want to challenge for top 4 we need a more of a overlapping LB. 

in his 3rd season and yet to see a improvement 

He is 20 and has played 35 PL games which is less then a seasons worth.

Give it a rest.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

The thing that lets LT down is he’s lacking a bit of pace.

He has been solid though this season. Also worth remembering the cup final was one of the 1st times he’d played in front of a crowd and he was immense.

He’ll get better, reminds me a bit of Mike whitlow.

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

We definitely cut him a lot more slack because he’s a local boy. If we signed him for £15m he would be getting scapegoated. 

...that is pretty much right to a point and it is good that we continue to back him!!!

Not easy coming up against Sakha, some players you just have difficulty in reading, he has played in big games before and has not being phased, and so long as it is forward play, where KDH and Barnes link up, he will get little cover from Barnes going back the other way. 

KDH was not his driving self yesterday, it couldn't have helped where Thomas was concerned. 

Some of you lot are so quick to jump on Thomas’ back after a poor game but are nowhere to be seen when he has five good ones.

Said it before, he’s better than Chilwell was at 20. He’s young, and young players are prone to bad games and inconsistency.

• Like 4

I’ve given up trying to defend him as it’s absolutely pointless. Football is all about opinions the vast majority of fans understand he’s young and inconsistent and will go on to become a valuable player for us. 

The minority think his rubbish, too slow, can’t defend, can’t attack and needs a loan. 

Time will tell I suppose, I know which camp I’m in and I’m obviously bias but I have to laugh at the ones that hammer him when he has a poor game but when he’s good are none existent. 

Rogers picks the team, Rodgers sees the players daily yet still picks him, granted some of this may be because everyone is injured and he has no choice but he’s playing. He has played  lots of games of elite football this season and more than expected. I’m sure even his haters can agree playing 3 times a week would be a little draining and that he may become a little tired now and again and put in a performance deemed as poor. 

• Like 4

He has done well.  He has been thrown in and coped well.  He has had some very good games.

His form is inconsistent.  Not surprising when at 20, he has more Premier League experience that future captain, KDH.

he doesn't seem to get forward as much as when he started.

I think we will know how good he really is next season.

Beginning of season was convinced he was out of his depth. Thought he was the weak link. However he has stepped up. Yes a bit inconsistent but bad games are fewer. When he was picked I used to be down with the team selection. , but not now. I used to feel the same about Amarty. But he has improved and now welcome his inclusion (however the alternative is Vestergaard and you might as well playT with 10 men), Two people I didn't want to see on team sheet to Two I want to see. May they both continue to improve