Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

6 hours ago, gerblod said:

Some very weak criticisms going on that just don't bear examination. 

He's twenty ffs - thrown in at the deep end and hasn't let the team down in game after game. He's still growing so the muscle and speed is only going to improve. His passing and movement is superlative for his experience level.

The going out on loan is sheer bollocks - he'll learn far more against Premier opponents than at lower levels - stands to reason. 

Regrettable that the only thing certain people can see is his youth and size - as if he's in some form of arrested development. I feel that he, Barnes and KDH operate as a unit better than any other combo. But we see what we want to see, eh?

I agree with almost everything, but think a loan would be beneficial. He would learn more playing regularly against this level than the Championship, but barring injuries he won't play regularly.

That's where I think his pace/acceleration would improve, as I think the larger problem is his fitness in terms of being able to continually accelerate/decelerate....He's never going to build up that knowledge unless he has experienced playing at least once a week over a season. 

Mendy's time at AFCON has been like a loan, and he has returned a different player.

The criticism is embarrassing though. Done completely fine in a second choice back four all season, and actually gets more out of Barnes than our other full backs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whys it always me said:

I keep promising myself I won’t comment for obvious reasons as I know it’s the minority however I can’t help it. His stats from Sunday are:

Luke Thomas against Crystal Palace:

94 Touches

51 Passes

1 Chances Created

3/3 Long Balls

1/2 Crosses

2/3 Aerial Duels

3/6 Ground Duels

2 Tackles

2 Blocked Shots

2 Interceptions

1 Clearance

So what I read is he’s crap in Ariel duels which the blow highlights is not the case. I haven’t compared stats against Justin for example but I can’t imagine it will be massively different. 

I think it was also mentioned about crosses and assists. On Sunday he put two decent crosses in one for Daka who missed the header and then put one over to Lookman. My personal opinion is he’s been unlucky on assists for example the chance for Lookman who should have done better and was a great ball by Luke. 

He’s an England u21 international with talks of Southgate watching him for the main England team yet the minority think he’s not good enough and should go on loan when did we become so entitled? 

Is he the finished article? absolutely not but he continues to develop and hold his own against some of the best players in world football. He’s 20 years old so physicality for example will improve as will his general play.  

just my views I accept I’m bias but some of the stuff being said is just rubbish. If we are going to criticise which is absolutely fair back your statements up with the facts. 

Good post 👍 we are so fortunate to be able to have the likes of LT and KDH etc coming through as local lads from the academy to first team regulars. It's actually quite remarkable and a testament to us a club. 

Lets enjoy it and be grateful we are blessed with talented youngsters from the academy, it benefits us financially as a club. 

Long may it continue. 

On 12/04/2022 at 18:04, Trev3939 said:

I think that Thomas needs to just get into players a bit more- he has the quality to tackle but he always seems a bit too scared of the players he’s up against 

Probably wary of getting booked early on, also VAR can be very harsh on many challenges now. Booked can equal hooked for a full back.

Giving dangerous (and pointless) wide freekicks away is likely a big no-no in BRs eyes too. 

Lose the managers trust in that respect and you can end up rotting on the bench.

I know what you’re saying, it’s just not really how the game is played anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Probably wary of getting booked early on, also VAR can be very harsh on many challenges now. Booked can equal hooked for a full back.

Giving dangerous (and pointless) wide freekicks away is likely a big no-no in BRs eyes too. 

Lose the managers trust in that respect and you can end up rotting on the bench.

I know what you’re saying, it’s just not really how the game is played anymore.

Yes I get what you mean. He is young so he can’t take any risks, I just wish that the game could still be played in that nature because I don’t think it’s right that defenders have to be scared of a booking just for a challenge 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2022 at 06:17, Whys it always me said:

I keep promising myself I won’t comment for obvious reasons as I know it’s the minority, I however I can’t help it. His stats from Sunday are:

Luke Thomas against Crystal Palace:

94 Touches

51 Passes

1 Chances Created

3/3 Long Balls

1/2 Crosses

2/3 Aerial Duels

3/6 Ground Duels

2 Tackles

2 Blocked Shots

2 Interceptions

1 Clearance

So what I read is he’s crap in Ariel duels which the above highlights is not the case. I haven’t compared stats against Justin for example but I can’t imagine it will be massively different. 

I think it was also mentioned about crosses and assists. On Sunday he put two decent crosses in one for Daka who missed the header and then put one over to Lookman. My personal opinion is he’s been unlucky on assists for example the chance for Lookman who should have done better and was a great ball by Luke. 

He’s an England u21 international with talks of Southgate watching him for the main England team yet the minority think he’s not good enough and should go on loan when did we become so entitled? 

Is he the finished article? absolutely not but he continues to develop and hold his own against some of the best players in world football. He’s 20 years old so physicality for example will improve as will his general play.  

just my views I accept I’m bias but some of the stuff being said is just rubbish. If we are going to criticise which is absolutely fair back your statements up with the facts. 

He’s special mate and we appreciate him. Big ask to do what he’s done for two seasons and be as effective as he has been. Far worse performers in our side this year and put it this way, I’d rather have him than Chilwell. 

Big future for the boy. 

• Like 1