Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Just now, StanSP said:

He'll be fine. He's very young and still learning.. 

I don't get how people can write him off so quickly and act like he'll never make it as if they're some beacon of foresight for a player. 

Quite tiresome seeing how many players get written off so quickly on here. 

So quickly ? 

it his 3rd season now 

He won’t make it . Can’t believe some people keep defending him. 

• Like 1

People are too quick to write him off after a bad game. He has the talent and skill set to be a top quality full back and future international player but he is still young and learning. Today wasn't one of his best games granted but give it a season or two and i think he'll be our first choice left back.

Edited by lee7

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't get how people can write him off so quickly and act like he'll never make it as if they're some beacon of foresight for a player. 

The writing off may be premature but it's easy to see when someone is shìt and shouldn't be playing because they are detrimental to the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I'm going to keep saying it till it happens we need to get Justin back on the left, he's struggling and it's not helping his confidence on the right.

So Albrighton/Ricardo on the right. and Thomas/Justin on the left with Castagne available for both?

He's fine. He's a young 3rd choice left-back and I think he could become a very good player in the future.

Issue is more that we've probably had to play him way too much due to Justin and Castagne's lengthy injuries this season. When he probably should've just been playing mostly cup games and the odd league game at this stage of his development.

We've undoubtedly looked way more solid in recent weeks down the left since Castagne has come back in for Thomas, but he's still a young kid who's learning.

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Look at the consequences he was played into the side. He's developed a lot into the role and is still developing!! 

Not every player we have can always be the finished article. It's embarrassing we expect a player at his stage to be the full player we want. 

I'm glad you're not the manager. Wouldn't even give him the light of day to keep trying to prove himself just because he can't do it as a young player. Can't believe some people write him off so easily. 

I'm a big fan of Luke. This is spot on.

The kid was chucked in against some big teams for massive games.

His development has been phenomenal and he's deserved every minute he's played for us.

OK, he's had a few bad games, doesn't everyone?

There's been times Vardy has looked shite.

Give the kid a break. I'm sure he's eager and will learn from his mistakes.

He was there and stepped up when we desperately needed him, can we give him the benefit of the doubt?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'm a big fan of Luke. This is spot on.

The kid was chucked in against some big teams for massive games.

His development has been phenomenal and he's deserved every minute he's played for us.

OK, he's had a few bad games, doesn't everyone?

There's been times Vardy has looked shite.

Give the kid a break. I'm sure he's eager and will learn from his mistakes.

He was there and stepped up when we desperately needed him, can we give him the benefit of the doubt?

...get him out on loan, he needs to be playing every week!!!

Him being rotated and his performances in big games have been a double edged sword. He needs to learn the ropes and come on with consistent games, you can bring a player on too soon. We are doing him little favour in the way we are using him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Its funny how much agenda this kid has here

Saying he is "quickly" written off is pure demagogy

If someone trash talked KDH and mentioned he is not good player or something, you could blame him that this imaginary user is quickly writing off KDH

but Thomas has played a lot and lacks sign of improving

I am not saying he will not come good

but so far he is just bad 

• Like 1

Realistically he’ll never hit Chilwells heights and subconsciously I think a lot of people are judging him against that. However I think he will be a solid Premier League pro that will have more good games than bad. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Realistically he’ll never hit Chilwells heights and subconsciously I think a lot of people are judging him against that. However I think he will be a solid Premier League pro that will have more good games than bad. 

37 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Incredibly underwhelming want the lad to do well but got skinned and bullied off the ball time and time again he is absolutely miles off and so many can’t see it because he is born in Leicester 

He's 20 years old. 

Played in an FA Cup Final and has bags of potential. 

He's had a couple of bad games and people are writing off his career.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Comparing him to Chilwell...Luke is ahead.

But Dewsbury-Hall is the new Messiah aged 23?

You lot must be fvcking impeccable at the job you do and been doing it since a very young age.

• Like 1

He really needs to go out on loan.

One year in league one and a year in the Championship....I know that some people think he learning from playing in the Premiership but we are taking a risk which results in dropped points or losing in cup competitions.

Same poor play happened last week in the Palace game as today. We were lucky last week that we beat Palace but better teams would take advantage of his weaknesses.

No way we can take that risk v Roma

I don't think Luke was all that bad. In fact I think JJ was worse and the 2nd goal was again his fault, playing like a 2nd striker in the 94th minute, just like he did against Spurs. The one problem I have with Luke is his crossing seems to gone to shit. When he first came into the team I felt his crossing was better then Chilwells, but now it's all over the place. He seems to be not developing all that much.

• Like 1