Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

28 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He really needs to go out on loan.

One year in league one and a year in the Championship....I know that some people think he learning from playing in the Premiership but we are taking a risk which results in dropped points or losing in cup competitions.

Same poor play happened last week in the Palace game as today. We were lucky last week that we beat Palace but better teams would take advantage of his weaknesses.

No way we can take that risk v Roma

It's not been called the Premiership for about 18 years.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He really needs to go out on loan.

One year in league one and a year in the Championship....I know that some people think he learning from playing in the Premiership but we are taking a risk which results in dropped points or losing in cup competitions.

Same poor play happened last week in the Palace game as today. We were lucky last week that we beat Palace but better teams would take advantage of his weaknesses.

No way we can take that risk v Roma

Lol what a stupid suggestion. Why the hell would we send him out on loan to the Championship or League One when he’s a rotational player for a Europe-contending team. That doesn’t make sense for us or him.

• Like 2

It's a shame, but he's not good enough. He was thrown in during covid and did ok and he's been thrown in this year due to injuries. If Bertrand had been any good he wouldn't have been playing so much. Ideally he'd have spent this season on loan in the championship. He's not got the pace strength or general quality needed at this level unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's a shame, but he's not good enough. He was thrown in during covid and did ok and he's been thrown in this year due to injuries. If Bertrand had been any good he wouldn't have been playing so much. Ideally he'd have spent this season on loan in the championship. He's not got the pace strength or general quality needed at this level unfortunately. 

Genuinely couldn't disagree more.

I'm not arguing with anyone about it, time will tell.

The lad is already a hell of a player and he's going to get better.

He plays for any other team in the league and we'd be saying "I'd pick that Thomas up on the cheap if we could".

Have you all forgotten that he kept Mo Salah in his pocket for 90 minutes?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I don't think Luke was all that bad. In fact I think JJ was worse and the 2nd goal was again his fault, playing like a 2nd striker in the 94th minute, just like he did against Spurs. The one problem I have with Luke is his crossing seems to gone to shit. When he first came into the team I felt his crossing was better then Chilwells, but now it's all over the place. He seems to be not developing all that much.

It's funny how nobody seems to mention how easy the ball seems to get passed inside JJ to and overlapping winger and he never gets back. Or the fact he's constantly outmuscled for the ball. I thought players got a bit of leeway when they come through the youth system but seemingly not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Its funny how much agenda this kid has here

Saying he is "quickly" written off is pure demagogy

If someone trash talked KDH and mentioned he is not good player or something, you could blame him that this imaginary user is quickly writing off KDH

but Thomas has played a lot and lacks sign of improving

I am not saying he will not come good

but so far he is just bad 

Just bad? 

I think some people are incredibly harsh and think it's just easy to go straight into the PL playing regularly and consistently well. 

He doesn't lack sign of improving at all. If you can't see that he has had good games at all so far then you're just ridiculously blind. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

It's funny how nobody seems to mention how easy the ball seems to get passed inside JJ to and overlapping winger and he never gets back. Or the fact he's constantly outmuscled for the ball. I thought players got a bit of leeway when they come through the youth system but seemingly not.

Exactly.

Shall we play Luke when we need to or go out and waste £30m on someone who has never played in this league and doesn't really want to be here?

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Lol what a stupid suggestion. Why the hell would we send him out on loan to the Championship or League One when he’s a rotational player for a Europe-contending team. That doesn’t make sense for us or him.

Playing games in the EPL are fine margins and we can't have Players who are still in the learning stages...else we end up conceding goals and losing games

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, happy85 said:

I don’t care about silly comments you make 

LT is not our standard like hamza isn’t as well. 

Happy pants with his silly comments.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Playing games in the EPL are fine margins and we can't have Players who are still in the learning stages...else we end up conceding goals and losing games

Has thomas ever cost us a game? 

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Yeah, because he was at fault so much in the cup final last season. 

Didn't make an assist or play a massive part in keeping a clean sheet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Genuinely couldn't disagree more.

I'm not arguing with anyone about it, time will tell.

The lad is already a hell of a player and he's going to get better.

He plays for any other team in the league and we'd be saying "I'd pick that Thomas up on the cheap if we could".

Have you all forgotten that he kept Mo Salah in his pocket for 90 minutes?

The match you're talking about, yes he played excellently. Can you honestly say he's shone or done well in many other games? He's struggled against most wingers, 90% of his passes are backwards, I'm not sure where u get the hell of a player bit from?? Justin on the other side was equally as shite, if not more so today, but he has redeeming features like his pace, and his ability going forward, and the form he showed last year. I can never see Thomas making it here unfortunately, hope I'm wrong. I just don't trust him when he's playing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Like I said before, we can't always have the players that are the finished article. We're just not that kind of club. 

To deny the opportunities for him just because he's in the learning stages is just a rubbish cop-out to slant against him. 

Basically scapegoating any young player still learning for when we concede or lose. And that's plain wrong to do - it absolves any experienced player of any wrongdoing even though they could be, and have been, at fault for some goals this season. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Exactly.

Shall we play Luke when we need to or go out and waste £30m on someone who has never played in this league and doesn't really want to be here?

Bit daft. We can't just okay guys because they are from Leicester. We have to try and be the best we can be. Thomas started the season in essence as 4th choice LB with Castagne, Justin and Bertrand ahead of him. 2 getting injured it being injured and one being utterly shite suddenly propelled him into the team week after week. He did ok I'm some games, he's not terrible, but he's not good enough to be a prem LB in my book. Maybe as 3rd of 4th choice for cup games?? Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Remind me which of the two goals today were down to him. In fact what glaring mistake has he made this season that's cost points or a goal?

The match you're talking about, yes he played excellently. Can you honestly say he's shone or done well in many other games? He's struggled against most wingers, 90% of his passes are backwards, I'm not sure where u get the hell of a player bit from?? Justin on the other side was equally as shite, if not more so today, but he has redeeming features like his pace, and his ability going forward, and the form he showed last year. I can never see Thomas making it here unfortunately, hope I'm wrong. I just don't trust him when he's playing.

I can honestly say he's shone in many more games.

He will be one of the finest full backs in this country. 

Have some patience. 

Easy to slag people off, especially after a bad game. The cream rises to the top.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I have no data mate just my eyes. If he has made a load of assists or started a load of attacks I don't know about please enlighten me.

Get your eyes checked then.

Bit daft. We can't just okay guys because they are from Leicester. We have to try and be the best we can be. Thomas started the season in essence as 4th choice LB with Castagne, Justin and Bertrand ahead of him. 2 getting injured it being injured and one being utterly shite suddenly propelled him into the team week after week. He did ok I'm some games, he's not terrible, but he's not good enough to be a prem LB in my book. Maybe as 3rd of 4th choice for cup games?? Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Doesn't hurt my feelings lol

Everyone starts somewhere.

We've got a gem on our hands, he needs polishing in to a diamond.

Calm your tits, give him time and enjoy!

Just now, tom27111 said:

I can honestly say he's shone in many more games.

He will be one of the finest full backs in this country. 

Have some patience. 

Easy to slag people off, especially after a bad game. The cream rises to the top.

Wow I hope you're right mate and I love your optimism. I think maybe I'm being a bit too harsh and you're being a bit too hopeful 🙂😉

• Like 1

I have no data mate just my eyes. If he has made a load of assists or started a load of attacks I don't know about please enlighten me.

So what you spout is not actually true and just a stick to beat him with, but have no substance? 

Got it! 

Not having a load of assists doesn't equate to passing backwards '90% of the time'. Utter rubbish. 

Wow I hope you're right mate and I love your optimism. I think maybe I'm being a bit too harsh and you're being a bit too hopeful 🙂😉

Everyone has to start somewhere. 

He's 20 years old. 

Fvck me, what were you doing at that age?

I certainly wasn't playing in the Premier League for my local team lol

No hard feelings mate, but give the lad a chance to develop. 

I can see him playing for England in the next 18 months, building for the next tournament.