Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Find people writing him off at 20 years old absolutely baffling. Some people are so, so reactive to a loss or bad performance it makes me feel icky. Why support us at all? I can totally understand it when it's a manager who's consistently been below par or a nailed on first teamer being below par for months on end but to be so overly critical of a 20 year old full back who's finding his feet? My advice would be to look at yourselves in the mirror and give your heads a stern, long wobble. 

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

So what you spout is not actually true and just a stick to beat him with, but have no substance? 

Got it! 

Not having a load of assists doesn't equate to passing backwards '90% of the time'. Utter rubbish. 

It's not a stick to beat him with calm down mate are you his agent 😂 my observation is he passes backwards and turns backwards a lot instead of moving into space. A lot to do with confidence, being extremely left footed, and not having great pace. I did say if you had evidence to the contrary then share it. So you think he starts a lot of attacks gets a lot of crosses in? Seriously the blind backing of some players is astonishing. He's a very average player I would love to see succeed and blossom into a very good player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Everyone has to start somewhere. 

He's 20 years old. 

Fvck me, what were you doing at that age?

I certainly wasn't playing in the Premier League for my local team lol

No hard feelings mate, but give the lad a chance to develop. 

I can see him playing for England in the next 18 months, building for the next tournament. 

I'd wager he will never play for the senior England team. Look at the likes of Trent, James even Mitchell at Palace, Walker peters, Chilwell even, these guys are young and a million times better than our Luke unfortunately. I'm not comparing him to me though am I, I'm comparing him to other professionals in the premier League. He doesn't have to be better than me mate 😜 xxxxxx

• Like 2

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We were lucky Palace last week were thinking of their FA semi...and we beat them easily. Better teams would have taken advantage of Thomas's poor play where he was out muscled  afew times and his passing was so poor.

It's a fair point, but do you not think it's part of the learning curve?

There's a reason he hasn't played in the last couple of European games.

Brendan is managing him.

Me and @StanSP will be at the next natch with signs saying 'CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT LUKE :wub:'

Not really, I hate that shit, but this lad is the future. 

Go easy. 

Villifying people is easy, Luke doesn't deserve that at all. Support him please.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's not a stick to beat him with calm down mate are you his agent 😂 my observation is he passes backwards and turns backwards a lot instead of moving into space. A lot to do with confidence, being extremely left footed, and not having great pace. I did say if you had evidence to the contrary then share it. So you think he starts a lot of attacks gets a lot of crosses in? Seriously the blind backing of some players is astonishing. He's a very average player I would love to see succeed and blossom into a very good player.

Ironic you're talking about being blind. I find it astonishing you're getting on the back of a young player who's not even doing that badly and thinking of random stats to back up a point that doesn't exist. 

See @moore_94's post. Not even the worst for progressive passing per 90s lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It's a fair point, but do you not think it's part of the learning curve?

There's a reason he hasn't played in the last couple of European games.

Brendan is managing him.

Me and @StanSP will be at the next natch with signs saying 'CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT LUKE :wub:'

Not really, I hate that shit, but this lad is the future. 

Go easy. 

Villifying people is easy, Luke doesn't deserve that at all. Support him please.

Tom I support Leicester city

Around 57 pro games. He simply not good enough

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We were lucky Palace last week were thinking of their FA semi...and we beat them easily. Better teams would have taken advantage of Thomas's poor play where he was out muscled  afew times and his passing was so poor.

He made one error and was otherwise fine. Quit it with the hot takes Crispin. Hes a 20 year old kid who marked salah out the game this year and you're wanting to send him out on loan. It makes no sense.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Are you seriously saying he's progressive? Honestly I'm just saying how I see it and in a lot of games he turns back and passes backwards. 

Look at the stats. But maybe get your eyes checked first.

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

So that's all it takes? That many games and he's totally written off? 

And some of those where he was thrown in due to lack of other options? 

You're utterly deluded to write him off so quickly. Pathetic. 

12 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Are you seriously saying he's progressive? Honestly I'm just saying how I see it and in a lot of games he turns back and passes backwards. 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Progressive Passes Per 90 in the last 365 days:

Justin: 3.12

Castagne: 3.23

Thomas: 3.42

Pereira: 3.99

Expect to see you in the JJ and Castagne threads

Guarantee these stats won't get a reply from the original poster as they prove his narrative is wrong. Just easier to walk away and pretend you're still right than admit you're miles off the mark isn't it.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Luke thomas shagged his missus.

4 minutes ago, happy85 said:

I remember Steve Walsh coming back from his knee injury and being that bad that he was booed by every fan in the ground.

Anyone else?

That changed though didn't it?

Steve Walsh wasn't a 20 year old lad playing for his home town club though.

Luke is good enough and will get better.

Some of you writing him off should be ashamed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

From his debut to now he hasn’t improved in a attacking sense at all. 

He can’t take people on with pace or skill and without that skill set not going to make it

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

He's 20 years old. 

Played in an FA Cup Final and has bags of potential. 

He's had a couple of bad games and people are writing off his career.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Comparing him to Chilwell...Luke is ahead.

But Dewsbury-Hall is the new Messiah aged 23?

You lot must be fvcking impeccable at the job you do and been doing it since a very young age.

I will put money on the fact that Chilwell will win more trophies and get more England caps than Thomas. 

I’m not slating the lad, i’m defending him. A lot of people will be comparing him to the last English left back to come through our ranks.

He’ll be a good solid pro at this level and thats nothing to sniff at. But realistically I don’t think he’s athletic enough to be considered any more than that. 

However, he doesn’t deserve the stick he’s getting from some on here. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I will put money on the fact that Chilwell will win more trophies and get more England caps than Thomas. 

I’m not slating the lad, i’m defending him. A lot of people will be comparing him to the last English left back to come through our ranks.

He’ll be a good solid pro at this level and thats nothing to sniff at. But realistically I don’t think he’s athletic enough to be considered any more than that. 

However, he doesn’t deserve the stick he’s getting from some on here. 

Not disagreeing. 

Chilwell has won a Champions League. 

But Luke will be a solid Premier League player for the next decade and win England caps.

9 minutes ago, happy85 said:

From his debut to now he hasn’t improved in a attacking sense at all. 

He can’t take people on with pace or skill and without that skill set not going to make it

Why does him not being attacking mean he wont make it?

Tyrick Mitchell who is as far from an attacking full back as it gets is being highly praised this season and has now picked up 2 caps for England

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

Why does him not being attacking mean he wont make it?

Tyrick Mitchell who is as far from an attacking full back as it gets is being highly praised this season and has now picked up 2 caps for England

I remember a lad called, what was his name? Danny Simpson I think it was, he wasn't at all attacking and he did okay with an unfashionable team... 

But that's being simplistic, he will develop with the modern game and his skill set will be built on. He'll be a good player for us. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's almost as if some of our fans think it's as simple as going out and spunking £100m on some Roberto Carlos/Ashley Cole hybrid.

I think for a 20 year old thrown in at the deep end he's done ruddy brilliantly. 

Exactly. 

And look at the best teams that have ever played the game...they don't have 11 superstars, they have 3 or 4, maybe 5. 

The rest are solid players, mainly homegrown, that do a job.

• Like 1