Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Really needs to develop that physicality required to be a top draw full back/wing back at this level. If he doesn't do that he'll end up having a championship/bottom half prem career. Which is by no means terrible. He's clearly got a good football brain and we've seen that technically he's a good player. Physically he's miles off the type of full back a top 6 team needs though.

All depends how much he wants to push himself.

8 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

He desperately needs a loan...If for nothing else, for time away from Rodgers and to a competent coach.

He was much more adventurous when he came into the side, but looks like Rodgers has took that out his game.

What a stupid comment. 

Unless he gets a loan to City or Liverpool he will end up playing under a coach who has achieved less than Brendan. You need to have some respect for what BR has achieved. 

• Like 2

Luke has probably spoke about loans with KDH and he will have said if you can't stand up to physical play , you will get your arse kicked in the Championship. KDH is a strong fellow and he had no problems. If Thomas is going on loan ,it needs to be to a PL team where technique trumps brute force. If that can't be done then he stays put.

Looks like he's just lost some confidence, especially going forward. He was quite attacking if I remember correctly but not so much now, even at LWB. Regarding last night, I dont think any of our fullbacks would have done much better against James and Ziyech. Still lots of potential, he is only 20.

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

He struggled against top drawer players. He is what he is, don't think he'll ever be a world beater, but he'll have a decent career. 

He's only 20 (almost 21) and has put in quality performances against good sides before, including chelsea in the FA cup final. He pocketed Salah earlier in the season as well who was at his absolute best in the run up to that game. I think it's way to early to determine whether or not he will become a top player, he's around the same level as our other fullbacks were when they were his age.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He's only 20 (almost 21) and has put in quality performances against good sides before, including chelsea in the FA cup final. He pocketed Salah earlier in the season as well who was at his absolute best in the run up to that game. I think it's way to early to determine whether or not he will become a top player, he's around the same level as our other fullbacks were when they were his age.

Too many Quick on the draw..

" Out on loan merchants" already ready to underrate him...Hes done well,had some top games,had some where he struggled..I mean FFs, so have all our players..

Some have to get off this critical nonsense,Get off his back & show him patience & encouragement..

He's done alright, happy for him to continue..FB, or WB...

Rather trust any manager..than anybody on this cranky forum..

Feel a bit sorry for him. There's a really good player in there but he's been forced into the first team too prematurely due to injuries.

He needs a loan for next season and he'll come back a much better player for it.

It's about short term pain for long term gain. 

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Per 90 he is making more key passes, completing more dribbles, completing more long balls, and completing more through balls compared to last season

Whilst also doing a lot more defensively this season as well

Per 90 he is making more tackles, making more interceptions, winning more offsides, making more clearances, and more blocks compared to last season

Overall he has an average higher rating on WhoScored, FotMob, and SofaScore this season compared to last season

But you seem to be so set in your opinion of him that even though the stats show he is improving you only ever come into this thread to criticise, you never come into this thread when he has a good game to give him any praise.

I swear people forget he is only 20 and act like he should be performing as consistently as JJ, Ricardo, and Timmy who are all much older than him

Also that he was having a pretty decent season until the Forest game; Wolves, Legia, Watford, Southampton, Newcastle, both Liverpool games, Spurs (went off at 1-1), Brighton

Then after that he has also done well in games against; West Ham, Randers, Leeds, Rennes, and Palace

Plenty of other games where has been okay as well

Not like he has been crap all season ffs

He had about 1 or 2 very good performances in the last 40 games. 

16 minutes ago, happy85 said:

He had about 1 or 2 very good performances in the last 40 games. 

I mean I have literally listed games showing that isn’t true.

I am curious as to how many very good performances you are expecting from a 20 year old during a season such as we have just had?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Since he debut he hasn’t improved in attacking sense at all 

Luke Thomas won’t make it. 

Absolutely ridiculous.

Will he be sold to Chelsea (other top 6 club) for £50m - most likely not.

Will he be adequate (relatively cheap) cover, not cause any unrest in the dressing room etc etc? Most definitely.

Surely Luke and the management team know he could bulk a bit but to write him off is madness.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Since he debut he hasn’t improved in attacking sense at all 

Luke Thomas won’t make it. 

Really? First time I have heard you say that…

“Wont make it” yet has already done more than most footballers will in their careers.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

He seemed to reflect the team performance to me-

Under pressure but managing to do a basic job

Against teams like Chelsea, you gotta be brilliant at your job to achieve basic results.

But yeah, if we keep the 4 core fullbacks .....and Berty..... next season game time might be limited.

Loan him out in South America, we never send players to South america. He is 20.... should have fun too. 

Low kidnapping risk gap year please and not Argentina, they will kick him

Edited by He aint bald

13 hours ago, LFox99 said:

The kid needs a loan.

He's not going to get a look in when JJ, Ricardo and Castagne are all fit. Only ever playing the odd game in 4 or 5 is gonna hinder his development. 

Go out on loan either to a Premier League club or a top Championship side and play football every week.

He needs game time but Leicester might need cover.

A top six push and cup run and one of the other 3 gets a knock....and Berty is on the bench, 

Ok, maybe not South America but why not Germany or Portugal, if likely to get game time-

I'd be happy for us to loan in cover so he can go out on loan. 

KDH is a prime example of the benefits of the loan system. Came back a different player. 

Thomas ain't gonna cut it if we rely on a handful of PL and cup appearances per season. At the moment he's not quite at the required level, but so could be with a full season of good quality football.