Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

16 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Yeah you’re right it’s just he’s so weak and feeble 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

So was I at that age . At 18 I was 5ft 8” and weighed 8 stone, from 20-22 I was just under 6ft but and weighed in at a mighty 10 stone . When I first entered a gym I could only just  lift the bar yet alone put weights  on it . From 22-25 I massively changed physically 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan

He’ll be fine next season I think.

Another year older, more experienced and he’ll be physically stronger too.

He’s struggled this season in a poor defence but I expect him to really pick up over the summer

You simply cannot judge this lad on his performances this year in a team ravaged by injuries and beset by the odd tactics of BR. Many players have been below par and short on confidence. 

I think the lad will do well. I’d rather give him some more time than cast him aside after this season that is for sure. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, baldeagle said:

So was I at that age . At 18 I was 5ft 8” and weighed 8 stone, from 20-22 I was just under 6ft but and weighed in at a mighty 10 stone . When I first entered a gym I could only just  lift the bar yet alone put weights  on it . From 22-25 I massively changed physically 

Me too and still increasing in size im afraid

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bert said:

Remember when Chilwell broke through? He was very very similar in stature to Thomas. Chilwell has now won a European cup, arguably England’s first choice left back and plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Thomas certainly isn’t there yet at all, but the one thing he’s got over Chilwell is a brain. The rest will come. 

And the one thing Chilwell got was a loan which did him wonders. Thomas needs a loan move next season playing every week.

11 hours ago, Bert said:

Remember when Chilwell broke through? He was very very similar in stature to Thomas. Chilwell has now won a European cup, arguably England’s first choice left back and plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Thomas certainly isn’t there yet at all, but the one thing he’s got over Chilwell is a brain. The rest will come. 

Chillwell who always had an incredible engine and it was very clear that his athleticism was top notch? That Chillwell?

Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by stature, in which case I apologise :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

And the one thing Chilwell got was a loan which did him wonders. Thomas needs a loan move next season playing every week.

Players don't need loan moves if they're good enough to play each week.

The best two teams in the league have players that didn't go out on loan (Foden/Trent).

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Chillwell who always had an incredible engine and it was very clear that his athleticism was top notch? That Chillwell?

Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by stature, in which case I apologise :D

Sadly this is spot on.

Even when Chilwell was slight, he was physically more advanced than Thomas currently is.

That doesn’t mean Thomas won’t be a solid squad member for the foreseeable though.

Is this really such an issue for some of you doubting Thomases currently lost and bewildered, away with the fairies in La-La-Land?

He was thrown into playing Premier football at a time when he couldn't have even have dreamed of it, yet contributed week in-week out over the course of an unbroken and lengthy run of games. He's performed consistently well against blokes who physically and, in experience terms, have years on him.

Rodgers decided to drop him to bring back Justin into the team. Has Justin performed any better? I suspect, had Rodgers kept faith with him, he'd have retained the confidence and endeavour he was displaying throughout the time he was an automatic pick.

There's always going to be a significant number of 'vultures' on this forum whose innate misanthropy leads them into seeking players to target for, mostly, imagined inadequacies. They should give themselves a brisk once-over before choosing exceptional tyros to pick on.

20 hours ago, Wolfox said:

He’s  the very definition of made it!

Regular prem and FA cup winner!!!

I’d have loved to have been that much of a failure!

This forum has never been able to pick a player..

# first lazy nonsense thoughts.Loan!!

# young lad first real season,with more experienced players,playing worse it's Thomas's faults that's pumped..

## He's proved he can play ,never as he let the team down..Mistakes FFS Evan,Fofana,Ricardo,Soyu,Vardy,Nacho,KDH,Maddison...look at their black-books first...& No it's not just about Thomas..the whole around situation effects how players may develope...

Leave any player 20 times on his jot from teammates(not manager) covering, they will mess up other people's errors..as well.!!

His attacking prowess,being questioned..:dunno: seriously..!!

He has done well, and is learning & developing...Chasing,campaigning to find mistakes...One will find them..

I am bloody happy we have Thomas,rather him at FB or WB,than some dozos,failing coaches on this forum...

Oh..Yes to keep the balance he ain't too bad at WB,midfield either..

Some posters just OTT determined to find the negative...

Forum was crap & had incompetent views also on Chilwell...

First, encourage Support & then  be honest when taking up the negative...

Being an all round miserable bugger, tends to show more poor judgement,than balanced.....oh & fk your opinions if most drive to the negative instead of structured..

The season was frustrating enough, 

Maddison,KDH, & Thomas more the positive...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The best two teams in the league have players that didn't go out on loan (Foden/Trent).

Do you think Thomas is good enough to play each week then?

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I’m not saying they do but I think Thomas would come back better if he played every week for a top championship side for a season

Edited by BroughtonFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

:appl: This is too high for most to grasp.

Yes I tend to keep having a go at this forum...but one gets tired of the

Loan-BS-nonsense..!!

• Like 1

He's still only 20, and he'll only get better. He was thrown in against Ziyech and James against Chelsea after not playing much football. That's a tall order. He not gifted with a lot of pace. His ability and intelligence is there though.  I'd just like to see him toughen up and get more physical. No doubt that'll come with more experience.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Do you think Thomas is good enough to play each week then?

No. But he's not gonna get any better not playing. 

Young players make mistakes, just got to stick with it IF we think he's going to be a good player in time.

I'm just not a believer in the loan system makes players better.

Edited by Fox92

40 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

I’m not saying they do but I think Thomas would come back better if he played every week for a top championship side for a season

Sorry , but after one match getting shoved all over the place, he would be benched. He needs a year of physical development in our supposedly world class facilities.

On 20/05/2022 at 10:14, An Sionnach said:

If you manage a Championship team , would you pick a skinny left back against teams that will use their physical strength to gain an advantage. If Luke can't stand up to Reece James , he will get steamrollered in the Championship. There is no immediate need to play him , so its down the gym for Luke to pack on ten pounds of muscle.

...he has to continue to develop..!!!

He has surpassed the U23s and now need to be playing on a week to week basis, for him to mature on and off the pitch. He was good enough to be utilised in an F.A. cup final and has marshalled experienced attackers in his LB position. Getting the occasional game now and again will not help him. By all means bulk up, but it is his football development that counts.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he has to continue to develop..!!!

He has surpassed the U23s and now need to be playing on a week to week basis, for him to mature on and off the pitch. He was good enough to be utilised in an F.A. cup final and has marshalled experienced attackers in his LB position. Getting the occasional game now and again will not help him. By all means bulk up, but it is his football development that counts.

His football skills are fine now and should improve further. He is too lightweight and that would be exposed even more in the Championship. If he can get a loan to a PL team , he may get some decent game time. If he can't then he will have to take his opportunities with us.