Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

On 11/06/2022 at 13:49, cal21212121 said:

I don't really understand the, in my opinion, disproportionate hate towards Thomas / questioning of his abilities.

If anyone feels anything approaching hate for LT, then they need counselling - or a new dictionary definition is needed. There's a significant number of members on here who cannot see beyond his age or his size - then they use flimsy reasons to justify their prejudice. I try to ignore them.

Justin hasn't shone since his return - picking him instead of Thomas I believe was more about diplomacy on Rodgers part. Thomas is still on an improvement curve and needs playing time at high levels to continue that improvement. Championship isn't going to help him - he needs to go to a first level European team.

As for Justin - what's Southgate thinking in picking him for England? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

As for Justin - what's Southgate thinking in picking him for England? 

I'm not trying to sound like an conspiracy theory loon, but I genuinely believe Southgate picked Justin when he knows he's in (relatively) poor form, so he has a shit game and doesn't have to justify picking him again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ParkerPen said:

I'm not trying to sound like an conspiracy theory loon, but I genuinely believe Southgate picked Justin when he knows he's in (relatively) poor form, so he has a shit game and doesn't have to justify picking him again

Its true of course Southgate hates Leicester with a passion. Probably due to Walshie kicking his backside back in the day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ParkerPen said:

Or he picked the next left back in the pecking order who was fit.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Or he picked the next left back in the pecking order who was fit.

you're probably right - on a different note it still shit man management to publicly criticise JJ the way he did...

anyway ! back to Luke Thomas :D

• Like 1

If posters believe that its best for Luke's career to go out on loan, who covers that position for Leicester Ciy?

I think Ricardo & JJ will be managed to fully recover from their long layoffs & niggles leaving Timmy to start & cover both RB & LB?

Luke will get plenty of game time, encouragement, growth & confidence from staying put & working with his 1st team team mates

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

you're probably right - on a different note it still shit man management to publicly criticise JJ the way he did...

anyway ! back to Luke Thomas :D

100% agree on the terrible man management - if he had an ounce of charisma then I'd expect he would have chosen his words carefully in an attempt to motivate Justin. I can't see it though, it just came across as an unecessary dig. Especially when the chump has contrived to lose against Hungary infront of a stadium of school kids.

I cannot stand Southgate and loathe the fact he's England manager and hate just about every choice he makes. I did see the logic in calling up Justin though, despite how odd it looked that he got the nod and Maddison didn't.

On 13/06/2022 at 11:51, ParkerPen said:

If so, and it's not impossible, he's more devious than I had him pegged for. A player just back from long-term injury isn't a sensible first pick for an international tourney of significance or even a friendly.

• 2 months later...

I can't blame Brendan for Thomas looking like a deer caught in the headlights

I however can blame him for starting him again when it was blatantly obvious against United that Thomas is nowhere near sharp enough. Nevermind sharp, the twig wasnt even arsed tracking back for that 2nd goal

Ward was at fault for his booking and Justin is giving any player attacking on the right the freedom of Brighton, Ndidi is never a CB and Evans just looks totally pissed off and not wanting to be there. Apart from that it’s all Thomas’s fault.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
Just now, FoxesWalk said:

He is about to get a lot more game time with JJ out. Hopefully he is ready and feeling confident. 

The Barnes linkup was looking good against Newport. Maybe with KDH helping him out he might be ok. Let’s see!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

He was good to very good in the first half of last season, with the pinnacle his performance vs Liverpool.

Hope he can get that confidence back, typically links up well with Barnes. 

we know he isnt a wing back, may never be, but he certainly isn't now.

if we play a back 4, with barnes ahead, Thomas' lack of physicality (in an attacking sense) is less of an issue than without Barnes.