Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

How we've been playing recently, it kind of precludes him from getting forwards anyway. I've not seen much improvement in him physically since he came in which is a disappointment. The talent is there, but he can quite easily coast a yo yo career off that alone. Not seen much evidence yet that he has the desire to improve his physique and become the type of player that the top 8 teams would be looking for.

• Like 1

Top potential..his time to show over a long period that he’s got what it takes.

I believe in him…because he’s shown he can make the grade…

Howling at or marking every error is the total wrong attitude to take,every player has ups and downs, through every game, & periods…

support & encouragement is what one expects from a young guy being given his wings…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Go on Luke, you've done it before and you can do it again. He's due a goal or assist an'all to really piss a few off.

He can cross well but we never really put the ball into the box from side areas.

He’s come in before and done a steady, if unspectacular, job. His ceiling might not be as high as others as he probably hasn’t quite got the skill and pace of modern fullbacks. 

I’d still currently back him over the other options. He’s a square peg in a square hole and nowhere near as poor as some are making out. Also, he’s still only 21, to write off his future development and potential at this stage in his career is ridiculous. 

Play him next game please Brendan. 

• Like 3

We need someone to be the starting LB straight away. Borna Sosa looks good from your list. Big unit, likes going forward and is already an international for a pretty decent team. The only problem is, half the PL look like they're after him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

He will go with big dan at rb and Timmy at lb for West Ham.

A RB (Amartey) that very often looks like he can't play football and a CB (Evans) that wants the game played at 1mph. That'll be a treat for the fans :D

I think you're probably right. I'd go with keeping Amartey and brining Thomas in personally, but I'd imagine the risk averse Rodgers will opt with big dan at rb.

5 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

He will go with big dan at rb and Timmy at lb for West Ham.

Possible, but I have my doubts given just how much of the right side has become Castagnes responsibility with Maddison drifting to his more natural central position. Don't think Amartey would be asked (trusted/capable) to do that job.

• Like 1