Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

No way should Amartey play at RB, especially if we likely continue with Maddison in the right wing role. Castagne virtually plays as RB and RW in our current system. Something Amartey is not capable.

It would make us even more lop-sided. And I have more faith in Thomas in a back 4 with Faes next to him. 

• Like 2

He needs to develop physically. It's been around two and a half years since his debut but it doesn't feel like he's pushed on very much. Technically he's probably similar to Chilwell at the same age but Chilwell could bomb up and down the line all game and had a great leap on him. Thomas is still a boy.

I don't rate him*. Never have.. literally from day 1. However, his entire role at the club is as understudy left back. He HAS to play at LB. This is exactly the injury scenario he is employed for. 

*My hope though he had a spell last season where he became ultra reliable. Clearly peaking in that duel with Salah...as others have said, a run will do him good. 

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

First Prem game in over 2 months (other than a couples of minutes vs Wolves) and I thought he had a good game today

Good cut out for the cross field ball to start off the attack for the 2nd goal as well

Noticed he did that a few times. Good reading of the game.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

First Prem game in over 2 months (other than a couples of minutes vs Wolves) and I thought he had a good game today

Good cut out for the cross field ball to start off the attack for the 2nd goal as well

Helps that he was up against Bowen who is neither strong nor fast. Hes not good enough to trouble Thomas really either.

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Noticed he did that a few times. Good reading of the game.

Yeah, he actually set the trap himself by holding back and inviting the crossfield ball. 

Liked the way he got tight to Bowen in the second half and forced him 30 years back 2 or 3 times. 

As a reserve full back, all we ask is that the reserve is steady and dependable 6/10 level in the way Albighton and Mendy etc are. On that respect, it was 10/10, mission accomplished! Well done Luke!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, he actually set the trap himself by holding back and inviting the crossfield ball. 

Liked the way he got tight to Bowen in the second half and forced him 30 years back 2 or 3 times. 

As a reserve full back, all we ask is that the reserve is steady and dependable 6/10 level in the way Albighton and Mendy etc are. On that respect, it was 10/10, mission accomplished! Well done Luke!

Fair play! He's only 21 himself