Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

At worst he'll be a decent back up option. For him, the issue is more about his physicality both in terms of pace and strength. Mentally, he seems pretty strong and doesn't let much phase him. His reading of the game is already pretty decent (it's just the above factors that make this harder as he has to get his positioning spot on) and that's only going to get better. How good he can actually be, I don't know but he's perfectly fine for us as a back up and not too worried about him playing until we sign somebody, if we do 

Edited by dmayne7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bert said:

He’s got a footballing brain. 

His biggest weakness is obviously his physicality. 

The physicality is 1000% easier to work on than the football brain.

He's still a kid and he'll be a star.

KDH is 2/3 years older than him and benefited from loans.

Luke didn't have that luxury, because we needed him.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The physicality is 1000% easier to work on than the football brain.

He's still a kid and he'll be a star.

KDH is 2/3 years older than him and benefited from loans.

Luke didn't have that luxury, because we needed him.

If you compare him to Chilwell, he’s got everything upstairs that Chilwell hasn’t. Chilwell has everything physically that Thomas doesn’t. He seemed to bulk up massively over one summer.  He’ll get there I’m sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

If you compare him to Chilwell, he’s got everything upstairs that Chilwell hasn’t. Chilwell has everything physically that Thomas doesn’t. He seemed to bulk up massively over one summer.  He’ll get there I’m sure. 

Completely agree. Just wish he'd bulked up last summer!

I'm sure the sports scientists have identified it and have a plan though.

Coincidentally, I was googling that Leicester fan on I'm A Celeb and found out he went to my high school. Clicked on the Wiki page for my school and turns out Luke Thomas went there too!

Both about 25 years after me, but still!

Turns out I'm not the best thing to come out of Gartree, Oadby.

• Haha 2

Just now, tom27111 said:

Completely agree. Just wish he'd bulked up last summer!

I'm sure the sports scientists have identified it and have a plan though.

Coincidentally, I was googling that Leicester fan on I'm A Celeb and found out he went to my high school. Clicked on the Wiki page for my school and turns out Luke Thomas went there too!

Both about 25 years after me, but still!

Turns out I'm not the best thing to come out of Gartree, Oadby.

Maybe for the year you went there, you were. lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

He's a good, solid player.

Still a bit lightweight, but he's 21 and still learning the game.

He's been part of a team challenging for Champions League football and he's won the FA Cup.

The lad is literally living all our dreams.

We don't have £30m to go and buy a replacement, so let's get behind him with some encouragement. 

I think, with time and patience, he will be good enough to make that left back spot his own. Especially his link up play with Barnes.

We could have a lot worse.

:appl:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I can't remember which member on here is related to Luke, is he an uncle or cousin? Honestly can't remember. 

Would love to hear from him though.

It’s me what do you want to know? 

I don’t post much now as some of the shambles that is posted just frustrates me. 

He’s  not everyone’s cup of tea though and I understand that 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I can't remember which member on here is related to Luke, is he an uncle or cousin? Honestly can't remember. 

Would love to hear from him though.

It was his uncle. Hopefully, he's busy, out buying Luke a few pies and a big mac. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whys it always me said:

It’s me what do you want to know? 

I don’t post much now as some of the shambles that is posted just frustrates me. 

He’s  not everyone’s cup of tea though and I understand that 

Thanks for replying so quickly. I'd keep my eye on this thread too though!

I've always been positive about him, love the guy. See other posts!

Must be horrible reading this thread and people having a go though.

Has anyone at the club or Luke himself looking at bulking up? 

Not a criticism, just a general question that people are talking about.

Does Luke think he'd have benefited from a loan? Obviously he's been chucked in, we needed him, and I don't think he's ever let us down.

I think its unhelpful for people to judge Luke when our defence generally was a shambles. Luke benefitted massively from having a settled CB pairing when he came into the team a few seasons ago, when Cags and Evans had formed a good partnership. Today you saw that again with Wout and Dan. I think he can develop going forward and he will, given the opportunity. 

26 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

It is what it is, football is opinion based so I fully understand some don’t think he’s good enough but of course I will always disagree. A small minority hammer him and I just have to ignore it. 

Does he try to bulk up and are Leicester on it? yes of course but I don’t think any of understand the amount of calories they burn in training and matches, it’s crazy.  He will get there I’m sure. 

Loves the club and is a fan so absolutely living the dream.

It must be difficult to read when it's a family member but,  remember that a selection of fans have questioned the ability of everyone from Schmeichel to Vardy and Tielemans. 

Most I hope are more reasonable and objective. He's doing well and is a young lad learning. Young players will make mistakes and improve if they learn from them. He seems an intelligent lad, with as posted earlier, a good footballing brain. I'm sure he's going to do very well. 

If Luke needs help with the bulking up, I find beer, crisps, pasta and cake are great for adding pounds. And I've a few I could donate...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

It must be difficult to read when it's a family member but,  remember that a selection of fans have questioned the ability of everyone from Schmeichel to Vardy and Tielemans. 

Most I hope are more reasonable and objective. He's doing well and is a young lad learning. Young players will make mistakes and improve if they learn from them. He seems an intelligent lad, with as posted earlier, a good footballing brain. I'm sure he's going to do very well. 

If Luke needs help with the bulking up, I find beer, crisps, pasta and cake are great for adding pounds. And I've a few I could donate...

You're willing to donate?

Fvck that, if you're a true fat bastard, like me, you don't donate anything lol

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You're willing to donate?

Fvck that, if you're a true fat bastard, like me, you don't donate anything lol

Ha ha me and his dad are fat ****ers he will be fine. 

Don’t have issues with people hammering him everyone has bad days. I think he’s had more good days than bad but again I’m bound to be biased. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Ha ha me and his dad are fat ****ers he will be fine. 

Don’t have issues with people hammering him everyone has bad days. I think he’s had more good days than bad but again I’m bound to be biased. 

I offered to share my fat first, get to the back of the queue 😂