Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

6 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Ha ha me and his dad are fat ****ers he will be fine. 

Don’t have issues with people hammering him everyone has bad days. I think he’s had more good days than bad but again I’m bound to be biased. 

Mate, I've got issues with people hammering him!

Some people are unnecessarily harsh.

Like I said, a loan might have been good, but 2 years ago. But we needed him!

It did wonders for Barnes and KDH, but people still like to have a go at Luke, even though he's ALWAYS turned up when we needed him.

People can be fvcking horrible and cruel. Fvck them.

I'm a big Luke Thomas fan. As are many.

Out of interest, if we aren't playing on a Sunday, is he at your gaff for a roast? What's his meat of choice? lol

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Whys it always me said:

It’s me what do you want to know? 

I don’t post much now as some of the shambles that is posted just frustrates me. 

He’s  not everyone’s cup of tea though and I understand that 

Can Luke get a list of left footed right wingers to Brendan for me please? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Mate, I've got issues with people hammering him!

Some people are unnecessarily harsh.

Like I said, a loan might have been good, but 2 years ago. But we needed him!

It did wonders for Barnes and KDH, but people still like to have a go at Luke, even though he's ALWAYS turned up when we needed him.

People can be fvcking horrible and cruel. Fvck them.

I'm a big Luke Thomas fan. As are many.

Out of interest, if we aren't playing on a Sunday, is he at your gaff for a roast? What's his meat of choice? lol

I personally don’t think a loan is required unless he isn’t getting much game time. With JJ and Ricardo struggling for fitness he’s asked to drop in and do a job after months of being in the cold and that’s not easy. He needs to play games to improve. 

Just now, Whys it always me said:

I personally don’t think a loan is required unless he isn’t getting much game time. With JJ and Ricardo struggling for fitness he’s asked to drop in and do a job after months of being in the cold and that’s not easy. He needs to play games to improve. 

Agree.

My point was he could have had a loan 2 or 3 seasons ago, but we needed him!

He's always stepped up and covered.

He maybe should have been on loan, but never let us down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Agree.

My point was he could have had a loan 2 or 3 seasons ago, but we needed him!

He's always stepped up and covered.

He maybe should have been on loan, but never let us down.

He’s always needed and is good to have him in the squad which I why I struggle to see him being allowed on loan. 

in fairness I know **** all though he’s the worst inside man ever as he tells me nothing 😂

Edited by Whys it always me
Pissed and can’t spell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Whys it always me said:

He’s always needed and is good to have aim the squad which I why I struggle to see him being allowed on loan. 

in fairness I know **** all though he’s the worst inside man ever as he tells me nothing 😂

Well like I said earlier, I think he made his debut for us when he was 17?

A year on loan 'might' have been great for development, but the situation at LCFC meant we needed him. 

And like I said, he never let us down.

I love what Vardy said about his assist in the cup final lol

I bet he mentions that every day to you! I would! 

Just now, tom27111 said:

Well like I said earlier, I think he made his debut for us when he was 17?

A year on loan 'might' have been great for development, but the situation at LCFC meant we needed him. 

And like I said, he never let us down.

I love what Vardy said about his assist in the cup final lol

I bet he mentions that every day to you! I would! 

Was there at the game and he travelled home with us. A surreal day to be honest and it’s still surreal to this day 

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Has anyone at the club or Luke himself looking at bulking up.

Does Luke think he'd have benefited from a loan? Obviously he's been chucked in, we needed him, and I don't think he's ever let us down.

"Bulking up" isn't any answer - he's still not reached his full growth at 21. 23 is probably the age where males achieve optimum height/weight/strength. He needs to concentrate on speed rather than weight.

• Like 1

At the end of the day he’s one of the best U21 left backs this country has. The international call ups prove that.

He’s a young lad and he’s ticking along nicely. Loans aren’t the be all and end all - worked well enough for the likes of Foden. Might well grasp his chance in the next few months and push on. 

Comments about Thomas have been extreme from the start.

Some massively over-hyped when he first came in.  As is the way of the forum, he has since been massively hammered.

It's fantastic that he was in cup winning side.

I hope he is good enough long term but I an not totally convinced by him.

25 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'm a fan of Luke, did alright yesterday. I do wonder what happened to his passing though, feels like he's holding back compared to when he got his first appearances. Swear his crossing used to be great but never see him whip them in anymore. Or am I dreaming?

Happened to Chilwell too and Justin seemed to have lost his panache after his ACL come back.

I've knocked Rodgers plenty since summer '21 so I won't malign him more, but maybe he could have persisted with Luke far longer. Maybe he's (Luke) become cautious about his position at the Club - seeing as his half-season turnout and consistency wasn't rewarded by more first choice selections. 

He impressed me yesterday. He was solid defensively and near and tidy when in possession.

I think BR only trusts Castange to bomb up as much as he wants but he’s instructed JJ and Thomas to not be as aggressive.

Cant argue with how good we’ve been defensively recently.

• Like 2

nothing wrong if hes our lb version of danny simpson. just mr reliable. do think hell be better, but not everyone needs to be a modern flair wing back. we need solidity and he can be that. a good squad player. people forget hes still a kid. i reckon hell never be great but surely will be a good all around player. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 15:41, He aint bald said:

The worst part is the lack of cover for Castagne and Thomas, not Castagne and Thomas themselves.

On 10/11/2022 at 15:42, happy85 said:

Still stand by this hence need a LB in Jan window

On 10/11/2022 at 17:54, Ric Flair said:

I wrote this at the weekend for the fosseway, really wish it wasn't so desperately needed now!

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-transfer-targets-left-back-january-window

I trust in your scouting of young left backs but I dont think it is the priority for this season.

Castagne can cover the left if Luke is out but who can cover the right for Castagne?

Albrighton at a pinch or shift Armartey and hope Evans and Faes stay fit?

Have I missed something?

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I think BR only trusts Castange to bomb up as much as he wants but he’s instructed JJ and Thomas to not be as aggressive.

Exactly, balances out the lob sided Barnes thing and allows a steadier covering back 3.

Most of the critiques of Luke here suggest he better at defending than attacking, seems the logical tactic, bit suprised at all the discussion.

It also means we are running Timmy on all cylinders though, more reason for a covering right back?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

I trust in your scouting of young left backs but I dont think it is the priority for this season.

Castagne can cover the left if Luke is out but who can cover the right for Castagne?

Albrighton at a pinch or shift Armartey and hope Evans and Faes stay fit?

Have I missed something?

Exactly, balances out the lob sided Barnes thing and allows a steadier covering back 3.

Most of the critiques of Luke here suggest he better at defending than attacking, seems the logical tactic, bit suprised at all the discussion.

It also means we are running Timmy on all cylinders though, more reason for a covering right back?

I wrote this even before Justin was injured and not because at that point a left back was a a clear priority according to the fans but because that is a position according to the media that we are looking to strengthen this January. I suspect even more so now Justin is injured.

IMO, priority is CB and RW and then ACM/CM if Tielemans or Maddison leave in Jan. We are short on full back options though but that's the problem when you have vulnerable important players in those positions. A left footed CB who could play LB like Medina from Lens (will be part of my CB list for thefosseway in the coming weeks) would tick all the boxes.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I wrote this even before Justin was injured

IMO, priority is CB and RW and then ACM/CM if Tielemans or Maddison leave in Jan. We are short on full back options though but that's the problem when you have vulnerable important players in those positions. A left footed CB who could play LB like Medina from Lens (will be part of my CB list for thefosseway in the coming weeks) would tick all the boxes.

I got that the article was pre Justin, it was the added 'desperately needed now'  that interested me. ( wow, found the ')

The club can only veto exits this January, it can't choose who goes to free up funds and FFP for planned signings. Maybe there are agreements and firm plans in place but it might be a case of making acceptable deals if and when they arise and forgetting about priorities.

I still think that without injuries the squad has potential to be the best of the rest this season. Perez, Cags, U23's and others can play a positive part and cover injuries and suspensions

Basically, I suspect that If no ones moves on or comes in this window, Castagne becomes our least replacable player. (edit, whether injured or covering on the left)

Would playing 3 CBs and packing the midfield be a temporary solution if we lose yet more full backs?

Edited by He aint bald