Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Zorya Luhansk pre-match thread

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me the result is irrelevant tonight, it's more important to get match time for our returning players and to get them through their allotted minutes unscathed. Wouldn't care even if we lost as we can still win the group next week. 

I get what you are saying but they are on paper the weaker of the 2 teams left to play. Hopefully they will see qualification as so improbable they put out a weakened team and rest a few players. Win this and we can do what we like for the next game as top spot will be secured.

It will be great to see some returning players get minutes, but not at the expense of a win. Especially after Monday.

Edited by Captain...

18 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Hope they give Evans a rest and perhaps give Morgan the "Steady" head at the back role as I think you need that in these games.

Don't think he's even travelled mate :) 

9 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

sends me back to when we were in Copenhagen. One of the coldest games I can remember. :colder:

Its above freezing there at the moment unlike here where we had the first snow over-night and now -2.   I suspect Madders will be sporting color coordinated tights he bought from Hermes for a few grand.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bert said:

Only ones not have travelled are Kasper, Evans, Tielemans & Vardy. 

Thats the backbone of the whole team; however rather they are fit for Sunday.  

I can see Rodgers going 5 at the back again probably Albrighton and Thomas as wing backs :-) ! Wilf, Mendy and Hamza as three defensive mids and Under and Nacho upfront. Watch us screw it up good and proper. 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Thats the backbone of the whole team; however rather they are fit for Sunday.  

I can see Rodgers going 5 at the back again probably Albrighton and Thomas as wing backs :-) ! Wilf, Mendy and Hamza as three defensive mids and Under and Nacho upfront. Watch us screw it up good and proper. 

Ricardo starts so that won't be true.

My apologies, whine incoming...

And of course I have a mandatory work meeting (via remote video, thank goodness) from 1100 to 1230 MT (the match starts at 1055 MT).

I will still be able to watch the match, but cannot listen in until near the end.

I admit it is better than being stuck in the office and unable to watch at all.

Hrm, so overall still pretty good.

Never mind, carry on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

My apologies, whine incoming...

And of course I have a mandatory work meeting (via remote video, thank goodness) from 1100 to 1230 MT (the match starts at 1055 MT).

I will still be able to watch the match, but cannot listen in until near the end.

I admit it is better than being stuck in the office and unable to watch at all.

Hrm, so overall still pretty good.

Never mind, carry on.

Are you an American or ex-pat? Interested in you journey following the mighty foxes 🦊 hope the meeting goes ok 😃

Guest Danny Clender
1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me the result is irrelevant tonight, it's more important to get match time for our returning players and to get them through their allotted minutes unscathed. Wouldn't care even if we lost as we can still win the group next week. 

Yep totally agree.

For me this game is all about seeing our old friends Ricardo, Cags and Soyuncu and hopefully meeting some new ones from the bench. 

3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Are you an American or ex-pat? Interested in you journey following the mighty foxes 🦊 hope the meeting goes ok 😃

I'm American.

Short version of the story -- picked Leicester City the first year I had access to TV coverage of the Premier League.  Supporter ever since.

Back to the topic...

I expect a tight match today, primarily because the squad will be a bit 'thrown together'.  We will probably start slowly but improve as the players get used to each other.

I wouldn't be surprised by any result today, but as always I hope for a win!

• Like 1