Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Zorya Luhansk pre-match thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Kasper

Fofana

Morgan

Cags

Ricky

Ndidi 

Hamza

Thomas

Under

Iheanacho

Barnes

Is what he'll go with i reckon.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Interesting BR didn’t mention Castagne when saying Ricardo, Ndidi & Soyuncu should all feature on Thursday.

Anyone got any inside news about Tim’s injury?

Very strange, 2nd scan came back clear

brendan not talking about, Reporters not asking the questions

covid ? Possibly 

• Like 2

Winning breeds confidence, we've been shit and haven't won since the internstionals. Go full strength and batter these.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Fofana Söyüncü Justin

Ndidi

Praet Tielemans

Ünder Vardy Barnes

Subs: Ward, Jakupović, Morgan, Evans, Fuchs, Thomas, Mendy, Choudhury, Maddison, Albrighton, Pérez, Iheanacho

Evans, Mendy and Thomas on whenever the three returning players need coming off. That starting XI is for me our best, minus Castagne.

Surely we need to rest players who started tonight. Most of them looked knackered. At least 9 changes, I'd have thought so something like:

Ward

Ricardo Morgan Cags Thomas

Hamza Wilf Maddison

Perez  Ian    Sharky

Thomas has to play as we can't afford JJ to pick up a knock and Fuchs definitely needs a rest.

I'd also play Maddison in the hope that he can somehow recover some sort of form. 

I'd leave Kasper, Evans, Youri and Vardy back home. 3 of them have not had a break in weeks, whilst we simply cannot afford to play Vardy in a dead rubber game.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

I agree with the idea of a lot of these team selections but players coming back from injury probably won't last 90 minutes. We're going to need some first teamers to play part of the match. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I agree with the idea of a lot of these team selections but players coming back from injury probably won't last 90 minutes. We're going to need some first teamers to play part of the match. 

Yep very true. Perhaps give 45-60 minutes to the players coming back ? 

But seriously the biggest point for me is resting players that so obviously need a rest. 

I'm sure there are about a dozen people at the club producing and analysing sports-science data that suggests Tielemans, Evans, Fuchs et al can keep playing... but ffs just look at them.

Would like to see Ward, Albrighton, Morgan, Thomas, Choudhury, Iheanacho all play. For the sole reason that it means some core first teamers won't play. Ricardo to get 20 mins off the bench and start against Sheffield United also please!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Drink & fatigue at work AK?

KDH is (a) on loan at Luton and (b) not in our EL squad.

under 23 can play even if not in our EL squad if 

Players are ‘club-trained’ if and only if they were registered with the clubs at least 3 years between 15 and 21, continuous or not, regardless of their nationality or age

Many need resting looking at the lack of legs last night! Leave Evans, Youri, Fuchs, Vardy and Mendy home. I would be tempted with leaving Kasper too but to be fair he is the only one showing some passion 😏 (hoping for a mic behind his goal again!) 

I'd rest as many as possible. If we end up losing/drawing then a win at home to AEK will still see us top the group so it's a free hit.

Ward

Soyuncu* Morgan Fuchs  

Ricardo* Hamza Wilf* Albrighton

Under    Kelechi    Perez

Would only play Cags, Ricardo & Wilf for a half. 

Leave Kasper, Evans, Maddison, Youri & Vardy at home, no point sending them to Ukraine.

3 hours ago, happy85 said:

under 23 can play even if not in our EL squad if 

Players are ‘club-trained’ if and only if they were registered with the clubs at least 3 years between 15 and 21, continuous or not, regardless of their nationality or age

Yes... but he’s out on loan at a side that have a game the night before lol