Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Zorya Luhansk pre-match thread

Kasper

Ndidi

Morgan 

Justin

Ricardo 

Choudhury

Praet 

Thomas 

Under 

Iheanacho

Perez 

Half each for Ndidi and Soyuncu, can't afford them to break down again. They can hopefully play longer against AEK. Defence is a bit experimental but Justin and Ndidi have been solid enough in defence. Could be a back 4 with Ricardo playing right wing, but not sure Rodgers will want Morgan in a back 4.

Vardy, Evans, Fofana, Barnes, Tielemans, Mendy, probably Maddison too all start at Sheffield United so they dont here. Could put Ward in but if Kasper travels then he might as well play and help us win the group. He can have the AEK game off.

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Few more youth players have appeared on our Squad list on the Europa League site, which usually suggests they are going to be involved with the squad for the next match (same thing happened when Leshabela and Fitzhugh were on the bench vs Braga at home)

Ben Nelson - 16 year old centre back

Sidnei Tavares - 19 year old midfielder

Callum Wright - 20 year old midfielder

Tyrese Shade - 20 year old winger

@Ric Flair

Happy days, hopefully the reason Tavares hasn't been featuring for the U23's is because Rodgers has been fast tracking him to slot in to this new turgid system, but he is that good he will do the business for us. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Personally wasn't content with the back 5 against Fulham - so for me it's a back 6 here.

10atb for me. Zorya are going well and we can’t afford to be complacent.

#justBrendanthings

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Interesting BR didn’t mention Castagne when saying Ricardo, Ndidi & Soyuncu should all feature on Thursday.

Anyone got any inside news about Tim’s injury?

No inside news, Brendan also said post match Timmy had been ready for last weekend but then felt a pain. The scan is clear so he's being monitored and see how he is for Sunday.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Happy days, hopefully the reason Tavares hasn't been featuring for the U23's is because Rodgers has been fast tracking him to slot in to this new turgid system, but he is that good he will do the business for us. 

I have heard its specifically to wind you up 😆

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Few more youth players have appeared on our Squad list on the Europa League site, which usually suggests they are going to be involved with the squad for the next match (same thing happened when Leshabela and Fitzhugh were on the bench vs Braga at home)

@Ric Flair

This is why the Europa League can be such a beneficial competition. If a player gets chucked in and thrives, that puts them into consideration for other first-team games. Imagine Tavares coming on and bossing it, for example.

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

@Ric Flair

Pfft. Whose pipe has @Ric Flair been blowing up to get a Europa League spot?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd go...

StanSP

Leicester Loyal

Dr the Singh

Wareham Fox

Dahnsouff

Izzy

Facecloth

Finnegan

Unabomber

AKCJ

Buce

Parafox off the bench to score in injury time.

Sound.

Used to play in goal so we're in good hands right ;)?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd go...

StanSP

Leicester Loyal

Dr the Singh

Wareham Fox

Dahnsouff

Izzy

Facecloth

Finnegan

Unabomber

AKCJ

Buce

FFS it’s like being back at school, been to all the training sessions, put a decent performance away at OwlsTalk and still can’t make the EL squad when everyone has been rested!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd go...

StanSP

Leicester Loyal

Dr the Singh

Wareham Fox

Dahnsouff

Izzy

Facecloth

Finnegan

Unabomber

AKCJ

Buce

Look boss, I’ve put in some solid posts with good reactions, and I’m not getting a look in. Use me or lose me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For me would leave a few of the big hitters at home (Schmeichel, Evans, Mendy, Tielemans, Vardy) and leave the returning injured players on the bench to begin with, to come on for the last 45/ 30mins. Wouldn’t risk them from the start in Ukraine, give them some minutes and they can then start their first games back at home next week against Athens.

Would also go back to the 4-3-3 formation, so we can get some much needed practice in at breaking down teams with all of Madders, Ünder and Barnes on the pitch.

Ward 

Justin

Fofana 

Morgan

Thomas

Praet

Hamza

Maddison

Ünder

Iheanacho

Barnes

Jakupovic, Fuchs, Söyüncü, Ricardo, Ndidi, Tavares, Albrighton, Perez