Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Zorya Luhansk pre-match thread

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm guessing there will actually  be a crowd! 

Krasnador have a few in v Rennes. And I'm presuming krasnador are Ukrainian or similar ex USSR state that has an admirable  scant regard for covid 

There will be no crowd. Krasnodar are Russian

53 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

One of the young lads has a bib on over his training gear in the photos/videos. 

Is that because he is under 18 and therefore can't be seen to be advertising the betting company that's on our training gear?

It’s cos he’s a kid .... he needs a bib in case he dribbles ........

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

I hope we take it easy on Ricardo (both the club and the supporters) -- recovery from a major ACL injury takes time, specifically time for the athlete to regain confidence in the injured knee.

So if he seems hesitant and not up to pre-injury levels, just give him some time.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that he can stay exactly where he is from the point of taking a knee for 90 minutes, resulting in us battling to a loss with 10 men... and i'd still just be delirious to see him back on the pitch! 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think I speak for everyone when I say that he can stay exactly where he is from the point of taking a knee for 90 minutes, resulting in us battling to a loss with 10 men... and i'd still just be delirious to see him back on the pitch! 

If he takes another knee he won't have any left.

• Like 1

Without any question Ricardo is our best player when healthy and 100% his old self.  Will we see that this season?  Unlikely on the latter, maybe on the former.  Long-term?  We can hope.  But if there was anybody you could call a potential difference-maker it would be him.

When I was involved in a car accident a few years a go I was a bit reluctant at first to put myself in the same position again (over taking a lorry in third lane with a car also over taking in the middle lane) 

In the end I went out of my way to put myself in this situation as much as I could and I haven't looked back since. 

Bringing Ricardo back on a cold night in Eastern Europe with a questionable pitch is truly getting 'back on the saddle'. 

If he gets thorough tonight, the rest will be a breeze. 

• Like 3

Wrt Ricky a ACL, you need to remember that he probably still doesn’t understand how it happened and it wasn’t as if it ‘exploded’ like matty James did  - he played on for another 20 minutes to the end of the game .... it could go either way because he may fear there is an inherent weakness in the knee or he may just think that it was so crazy it could never happen again .....

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Realistically I think we’ll see something like this:

Ward

JJ

Big Wes

Soyuncu

Thomas

Albrighton

Hamza

Praet

Under

Barnes 

Nacho

With Wilf/Cags/Ricardo either starting getting half an hour. 

The youngsters are only really there to give the main squad a bit of a rest, but also to give the youngest the experience of travelling with the first team and the slightly older a bit more game time.

I’d love to see Leshebla, Taveres, Wright, and Shade at some point. 

Ricardo is getting 75 minutes, he’ll start. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Anyone know much about Shane flynn? Highly rated? @Ric Flair

He's a versatile player, very combative that tends to play left midfield, left back or left of a midfield 3. He's more workmanlike than creative though but still got some talent.

I cannot believe they've named Tavares and then not taken him, I'm about to take bodies.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Worth bearing in mind Ricardo has been on the grass for almost 2 months now. They're not rushing him back.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a versatile player, very combative that tends to play left midfield, left back or left of a midfield 3. He's more workmanlike than creative though but still got some talent.

I cannot believe they've named Tavares and then not taken him, I'm about to take bodies.

Maybe Tavares Covid? Just a guess. We have to submit COVID results to UEFA at start of the week.