Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Brendan Rodgers Contract

The release clause on his previous contract was apparently £14million, with us then doubling his wages and extending it for 5 years it wouldn't surprise me if his release clause was doubled also, but I have no doubt that it will be a minimum of £20million

I also don't think he will be their number 1 choice as he would be too expensive for them, he is I think the 4th highest paid manager in the league (Only Guardiola, Mourinho, and Ancelotti earn more)

I think they are more likely to go for a current free agent manager such as Allegri, Spaletti, Favre, or someone they could get cheaper like Hasenhuttl or Benitez

Edited by moore_94

I'm not so sure he would go now? He is getting the team he wants here, a brilliant new training ground, stadium expansion. If he went to arsenal he would have to start again. This Leicester squad is miles better than arsenal. The future looks brighter quicker at Leicester!

• Like 1

I actually don't consider Arsenal a threat to stealing our players/managers any more. We have a much better squad, owners and unison than them that no longer makes them an attractive proposition over a team like ours. 

Nothing club. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I would be astounded if Rodgers went.

The contract he signed last season was pretty secure. The release clause is enormous and he's been given pretty much everything he's asked for (bar an extra 2 players in the summer).

The club have backed him on everything - big calls like rennie, the new training ground and getting all his own staff in. He wouldn't be afforded that level of control at another club.

17 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Any idea what the release clause in BR contract is ? 

I'm pretty sure Rodgers will be Arsenal number 1 choice if Areta was to go

Thanks 

Unless he's been at the mulled wine, I can't see him jumping this ship anytime soon for that dismal lot. Rodgers is not a stupid man and at this point in time, our set up with current young squad, owners and growing infrastructure have the ability to enhance his reputation significantly should he eventually choose to try and manage a 'bigger club', Arsenal on the other hand offer the potential of the exact opposite. 

I don't think he'd go there without big backing in the transfer market and I don't think he would get it, they are a very stable club but incredibly thrifty and that is why they are plummeting. I think their days as a CL club are well and truly over if they don't make huge changes.

Edited by Bryn

Not sure what his release clause is (imagine its hefty though), but even if it was met he'd still have to want to move himself and I'm not sure he would.

• Financially speaking, depending on what source you use Rodgers is on £5-10m/yr here whereas Arteta is on the lower end of that scale, so a move wouldn't necessarily line his pockets.
  • As for the playing squad, I think it could be argued that LCFC have overtaken Arsenal in that regard; it's certainly not a clear-cut improvement to go to the Londoners. 
  • Resources wise, we're not too dissimilar in the transfer market (they easily trump us on player wages though) but we've got a brand new and far superior training ground.
  • In terms of outlook, LCFC is on an upward trajectory (hopefully) whereas at Arsenal they need a big rebuild, so that may not appeal if he's settled. For right now, they're on the exact same stage as us (comfortable PL + Europa league).
  • The Arsenal fanbase is just generally more toxic and demanding than our own (not to say that we're not also, just a bit less so...)
  • And of course, he's settled here and for now he's generally well liked by fans of the club.

Even without the blue-tinted specs on, it's hard to see what might draw him to leave us for them. I could understand maybe Chelsea because of his links, either Manchester side because of their resources, or somewhere abroad, but not Arsenal. 

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Think they would go for a foreign manager if they sack Frank 

Agreed, Rodgers wouldn't be considered a long term replacement, just a stop gap, and at potentially £20 big ones he aint going to be considered. But Chelsea a bit shit when it comes to spending pointless money, so I wouldn't put it past them......

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Agreed, Rodgers wouldn't be considered a long term replacement, just a stop gap, and at potentially £20 big ones he aint going to be considered. But Chelsea a bit shit when it comes to spending pointless money, so I wouldn't put it past them......

Yep judging by there previous appointments the next manager won't be British... Lampards only got it because of his affiliation with them.. here's the list 

• Claudio Ranieri – Sep 2000-May 2004.
  • Jose Mourinho – Jun 2004-Sep 2007.
  • Avram Grant – Sep 2007-May 2008.
  • Luiz Felipe Scolari – Jul 2008-Feb 2009.
  • Guus Hiddink – Feb 2009-May 2009.
  • Carlo Ancelotti – Jul 2009-May 2011.
  • Andre Villas-Boas – Jun 2011-Mar 2012.
  • Roberto Di Matteo – Mar 2012-Nov 2012.
  • + Conte, Sarri etc..
Edited by whoareyaaa

58 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Any idea what the release clause in BR contract is ? 

I'm pretty sure Rodgers will be Arsenal number 1 choice if Areta was to go

Thanks 

Off to West Brom as big Sam's number 2:ph34r:

38 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yep judging by there previous appointments the next manager won't be British... Lampards only got it because of his affiliation with them.. here's the list 

• Claudio Ranieri – Sep 2000-May 2004.
  • Jose Mourinho – Jun 2004-Sep 2007.
  • Avram Grant – Sep 2007-May 2008.
  • Luiz Felipe Scolari – Jul 2008-Feb 2009.
  • Guus Hiddink – Feb 2009-May 2009.
  • Carlo Ancelotti – Jul 2009-May 2011.
  • Andre Villas-Boas – Jun 2011-Mar 2012.
  • Roberto Di Matteo – Mar 2012-Nov 2012.
  • + Conte, Sarri etc..

How often have there been British managers seriously outperforming the foreign managers they could get, and fairly consistently too, not just a one off. 

Make no mistake, whatever his buyout people are going to be looking here and taking him as a very serious option. £20m is nothing for the right manager, you pay that for a decent championship player nowadays. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How often have there been British managers seriously outperforming the foreign managers they could get, and fairly consistently too, not just a one off. 

Make no mistake, whatever his buyout people are going to be looking here and taking him as a very serious option. £20m is nothing for the right manager, you pay that for a decent championship player nowadays. 

Agree it's nothing in this day and age but still wouldn't see them going for Rodgers with there past record.

Arsenal are more reliant on match day income than most clubs, they’ve got an ageing squad on silly contracts without the cash to overhaul it. Their recruitment is a mess and expectations remain unreasonably high - it’s an unattractive job. This is only my opinion and conjecture so no “ u no him personallehhh do u ? ! ? ! ? !  twat !” Rodgers’ ego is big enough for him to believe he’s the one to turn it around so he’ll give it more consideration than he should.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2