Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Brendan Rodgers Contract

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Agree it's nothing in this day and age but still wouldn't see them going for Rodgers with there past record.

I know there were rumblings previously from Chelsea journalists about him being on their radar because of his past links with them. If he gets us champions league, someone will have a nibble for him. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I know there were rumblings previously from Chelsea journalists about him being on their radar because of his past links with them. If he gets us champions league, someone will have a nibble for him. 

Yup quite possibly if anyone came calling I think it would be Man United

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This is only my opinion and conjecture so no “ u no him personallehhh do u ? ! ? ! ? !  twat !” Rodgers’ ego is big enough for him to believe he’s the one to turn it around so he’ll give it more consideration than he should.

So you know him personally, then? 

Sorry, just messing. I hope you're wrong :)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How often have there been British managers seriously outperforming the foreign managers they could get, and fairly consistently too, not just a one off. 

Make no mistake, whatever his buyout people are going to be looking here and taking him as a very serious option. £20m is nothing for the right manager, you pay that for a decent championship player nowadays. 

It is a huge amount for a manager to be fair. At that level a manager has no resale value, and actually is more of a cost as his contract payout could be in excess of 50m depending on length and wages. It is an enormous sum of money and whilst you may think its nothing to a club like Arsenal, in a global pandemic, with no champions league, paying off another 3 years off arteta and much needed investment into the playing squad I reckon they'll go nowhere near it.

Don't be surprised for the media narrative to be Rodgers is keen, January around the corner and he wants some money to spend.....

3 hours ago, Hales said:

I'm not so sure he would go now? He is getting the team he wants here, a brilliant new training ground, stadium expansion. If he went to arsenal he would have to start again. This Leicester squad is miles better than arsenal. The future looks brighter quicker at Leicester!

...all this is logical and makes complete sense....hard to argue against what you have said!!!

The only problem is that logic goes out the window in football and ambitious managers. Will this opportunity present itself again, that has got to be the thought in Rodgers head and I suspect the answer is, maybe.

This is Arsenal, historically bigger and richer than Leicester, big stadium, already paid for, everything in place to push on, the team potentially at an all time low and the only way is up, a win win in anyone's book.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Arsenal are more reliant on match day income than most clubs, they’ve got an ageing squad on silly contracts without the cash to overhaul it. Their recruitment is a mess and expectations remain unreasonably high - it’s an unattractive job. This is only my opinion and conjecture so no “ u no him personallehhh do u ? ! ? ! ? !  twat !” Rodgers’ ego is big enough for him to believe he’s the one to turn it around so he’ll give it more consideration than he should.

And apparently there was definite interest from him in the past according to @Muzzy_Larsson when he used to be a celtic fan. 

• Haha 1

No worries; he's only the fans' fourth choice behind Poch, M., Allegri, M. and Other, P.S.

LifeAfterMA.JPG.2173e93c75828fbb285bd70cfaf971d6.JPG

They seem a bit schizo about BR -- but he is taking up much of the space in their "next manager" thread.  He’d jump ship in a second for a club of their stature … but no, he’d never take a step down in squad/owners/etc … but they’re too good for him … but no, he’d be a good “transitional manager” until they find someone entirely worthy …

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/life-after-arteta.34629/page-64

6 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

And apparently there was definite interest from him in the past according to @Muzzy_Larsson when he used to be a celtic fan. 

Yeah I know someone fairly well who worked directly for him when he was at Celtic who said he would go on about the Arsenal job quite a lot. I was quite surprised as I never really thought of any obvious link with Arsenal with him. Could be something or nothing who knows.

• Like 2

My only worry with this is Rodgers ego and I don't mean that as a snipe at the guy but he does have an ego. He may look at Arsenal as a big club that have hit rock bottom and it's a no lose situation for him and it wouldn't take too much to improve them from where they are. I might be wrong but that's my only fear. If he did take the job I could see him taking them to top 6 sort of position pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

My only worry with this is Rodgers ego and I don't mean that as a snipe at the guy but he does have an ego. He may look at Arsenal as a big club that have hit rock bottom and it's a no lose situation for him and it wouldn't take too much to improve them from where they are. I might be wrong but that's my only fear. If he did take the job I could see him taking them to top 6 sort of position pretty quickly.

If he goes he goes. Nobody bigger than the club 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If Arsenal come in for him with a serious offer he would go, I think. Just like Kanté went to Chelsea when we'd just won the league and they weren't even in Europe. Players and managers are drawn to the big 6 clubs whatever the circumstances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If Arsenal come in for him with a serious offer he would go, I think. Just like Kanté went to Chelsea when we'd just won the league and they weren't even in Europe. Players and managers are drawn to the big 6 clubs whatever the circumstances.

It’s obvious Chelsea weren’t going to be out of Europe for very long though when Kante left. Arsenal’s decline is seemingly near terminal though 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yeah I think there's definitely an element of that.

It was the same when he left us, we all ahd the same conversations around he won't walk out on us before the 10 but like it or lump it these guys own careers come first, add in the ego and they'll always take the opportunity to move onto a bigger club or bigger league.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...were there an actual offer on the table from Arsenal or just a ruse to get an extremely lucrative contract from us?

The speculation wasn't his doing. He could have strung out the talks to see if Arsenal did make an offer.