Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

31 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Did you say similar regarding Cambiasso when we signed him?

No.  Please remind me did Cambiasso play at CB ? A position where lack of pace can be crucified in the EPL when playing a high line.  

36 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Heard a rumour he's asking for ridiculous wages. It doesn't sound like we're in for him to me. A lot of agent chat.

Wasn’t it going around not too long ago he was after €80k a week?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wasn’t it going around not too long ago he was after €80k a week?

That was it 

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

What a guy, wins awards for fun.

Brendan did say he wanted winners ;) :P 

Honours:

Premier League: 2014–15, 2016–17

FA Cup: 2011–12, 2017–18; runner-up: 2016–17

Football League Cup: 2014–15

UEFA Champions League: 2011–12

UEFA Europa League: 2012–13, 2018–19

FIFA Club World Cup runner-up: 2012

4 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

The only concern I have is if you eventually end up with Justin and Castange either sign you've got a lot of players doing there thing and no real leader.

...I am always pretty worried when I see a back three!!!

Should you have all five in the back line then Soyuncu and Kaback becomes the steadying force and Fofana giving license to step out and support. Castagne on the right and JJ on the left are two very intelligent players and I would have no problem with either marauding and overlapping on the flanks, should we choose to adopt this style of play.

14 hours ago, UHDrive said:

That tells me that we've pulled out and they are getting desperate otherwise we'd have took that by now. 

Maybe there is something in the Tarkowski gossip behind the scenes after all.

I was thinking just this last night when I seen this.

I know I don't really rate him so obviously I'm a bit biased but the fact he's been available for relative pennies all of the summer now and there's not anyone made a move for him not jump out at folk as a red flag? 

Bundesliga clubs who know all about him would have been all over him at that price you would have thought.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I know I don't really rate him so obviously I'm a bit biased but the fact he's been available for relative pennies all of the summer now and there's not anyone made a move for him not jump out at folk as a red flag? 

Bundesliga clubs who know all about him would have been all over him at that price you would have thought

We don't know the ins and outs though. He could be holding out for a Premier League move or already talking to a host of clubs or be quite far along in discussions with just 1. Who knows really. 

I still think he is a decent option for us at just 21, his level now/future potential and of course the reduced price due to Schalke's position. He may not settle or live up to his early hype, but if he does, then at the very least, we have a great 4th choice CB and/or make a profit on him to reinvest down the line. 

Hopefully we get linked with some other CB's as that may give us context into our thinking/budget and pros of cons of a signing like this compared to others we may be interested in and are available to us. 

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Depends how cheap the fee is …..if someone can buy him for £12m and he’s worth £18m then thats £20k+ a week over five years that his agent will want for the player …..

However it could upset others on less money who see themselves as higher in the pecking order. I am not saying it would, just thinking out loud.

It could also indicate his attitude isn’t great as only interested in earning big money and not signing for a top team challenging for trophies.

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Bundesliga clubs who know all about him would have been all over him at that price you would have thought.

Exactly. It's not a secret that his club are broke and that they've been openly saying that they need a fire sale. 

One thing on my mind is his physique and strength and if he looked like Soumare physique wise who has some decent strength about him from the videos I've seen then it could be a different story as his technique looks good. Same thing with Tavares as BR told him to bulk up and there's been a lack of that strength in our squad in the last couple of years.

No point buying if there's a chance he'll end up in the U23's. Needs must now though.. 

I would be inclined to say that if Liverpool are turning him down at that price and those wages we should too. Even with the wages being high the transfer fee is low enough that it looks a bargain. However Liverpool will know the player better than us so if they are saying no then there must be a reason.

• Like 1

Anyone remember a deal where we bought Johnny evans at a cut price and had to pay him a big wage as a consequence ??

it’s just how it is 

Liverpool have probably turned him down because they don’t want him and with matip, Gomez and VVD back don't need him