Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

People mention wages. But Slimani was on £80k! Gray,Morgan, Fuchs must of been £40k minimum each and James maybe £30k . Plus we have ghezzal, choudhary and Mendy. Got to keep and start trusting Praet. He’s more than capable against lower ranked European teams and carping cup aswell as sub in the league

Edited by Heymister2015

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If he’s actually available for £8.5 million I can see us going in for that figure. We were quoted north of £20 million in the not so distant past. 

And if he’s available for £8.5 and not the original 25m Liverpool were tied to, I can see Liverpool coming back in for him. I know they got their man but Kabak for £8.5m is not to be sniffed at. 

Shalke have screwed thelselves offering him to liverpool for £8.5m. Gives us no reason to offer more. I’d go for that and £60k a week. We definitely need a cb and that was for all to show in the final run in. I thought last year we’d sorted defence with castagne and fofana and god was I wrong. Evans probably played 10 games at least injured, castagne on the left which didn’t suit him at all. Surely Kabak and Bertrand eradicates this. 

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

5 year contract at 80,000 a week anybody? We ain't that daft.

So that’s 28.5m over five years inc fee

he should have a decent sell on value aswell ……

the salary is sort of irrelevant when judged against the whole budget of the deal 

Assuming benko is on 35k/week, his deal budget was 22m over five years. Kabak will be much better value! 

Expect he wouldn’t get that salary in any case - eg. will be a 5m signing on fee and 60k/week. 

33 minutes ago, MPH said:

And if he’s available for £8.5 and not the original 25m Liverpool were tied to, I can see Liverpool coming back in for him. I know they got their man but Kabak for £8.5m is not to be sniffed at. 

He most certainly is to be sniffed at if reports are true and he's wanting 80k a week in wages.

He flops and he becomes Silva/Slimani mkII as no one is taking him off your hands and giving him that sort of money.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So that’s 28.5m over five years inc fee

he should have a decent sell on value aswell ……

the salary is sort of irrelevant when judged against the whole budget of the deal 

Assuming benko is on 35k/week, his deal budget was 22m over five years. Kabak will be much better value! 

Expect he wouldn’t get that salary in any case - eg. will be a 5m signing on fee and 60k/week. 

That's still 80k per week over 5 years. Signing on fees are typically paid as a supplement to a player's weekly wage.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He most certainly is to be sniffed at if reports are true and he's wanting 80k a week in wages.

He flops and he becomes Silva/Slimani mkII as no one is taking him off your hands and giving him that sort of money.

I doubt there are many people in Liverpool’s first team squad that are on much less than that.  80k is what he wants but that won’t mean he’ll get it.

or he may if his transfer fee is substantially less.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I doubt there are many people in Liverpool’s first team squad that are on much less than that.  80k is what he wants but that won’t mean he’ll get it.

or he may if his transfer fee is substantially less.

I don't think Liverpool have anything to do with his current wage demands, they made their intentions clear re keeping him ages ago.

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't think Liverpool have anything to do with his current wage demands, they made their intentions clear re keeping him ages ago.

They didn’t want to pay the asking fee and wanted a nailed on starter. But a young CB with potential and a drastically reduced transfer fee could be tempting for them.

also, the lower the transfer fee, the more he can get in wages. If you are considered a quality player of course.

he’d snap their hand off if they offered him 60k