Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

Its feasible that if we started Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu , Bertrand , we could have Casteigne , Fofana, Amartey ,Justin , Benko and Thomas on the bench makes you wonder if we need another defender. If miraculously Amartey and Benko move on then we can bring somebody in but not yet.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its feasible that if we started Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu , Bertrand , we could have Casteigne , Fofana, Amartey ,Justin , Benko and Thomas on the bench makes you wonder if we need another defender. If miraculously Amartey and Benko move on then we can bring somebody in but not yet.

I can't see Benkovic being used in the upcoming season, 2 and a half years with barely any football - you would think the club would be looking to loan him out/sell him, it just hasn't worked for him here

I don't think Amartey is that trusted by Brendan, plenty of chances he could have played in the back end of the season but Brendan preferred to use Castagne or Ndidi ahead an actual centre back

Just because we don't move them out I can still see us preferring to bring someone else rather than potentially having to rely on using those 2

Then we have Castagne, Fofana, Thomas on the bench, an injury to either starting centre back and we are down to 0 cover - we need 2 natural decent centre backs on the bench/in the squad, just because other players like Castagne, Bertrand and Ndidi can play at centre back doesn't mean we should, having to use players out of their natural positions added to our issues last season

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

There is no way Benko is in the plans. If he wasn't PL ready last year, a season not playing in Belgium helped his cause. My guess is Armartey could get a move to a lower PL side. I feel for him. Injuries hurt his time here, but he does have PL and FA cup winners' medals.

38 minutes ago, MPH said:

They didn’t want to pay the asking fee and wanted a nailed on starter. But a young CB with potential and a drastically reduced transfer fee could be tempting for them.

also, the lower the transfer fee, the more he can get in wages. If you are considered a quality player of course.

he’d snap their hand off if they offered him 60k

I think your missing my point. Liverpool don't want him, they are not tempted at all, at any price, that much is clear.

23 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think your missing my point. Liverpool don't want him, they are not tempted at all, at any price, that much is clear.

From what I understand it’s not that they didn’t want him it’s that they were not prepared  to pay that much  for someone they didn’t feel was ready to be a first team regular.

32 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

1. He wasn't the type of player they were looking for

2. If we shouldn't sign players other teams don't think are good enough for them should we get rid of vardy and albrighton as well

48 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Liverpool have 7 centre backs on their books and need to sign players such that they can register a squad with enough home grown players. Basically if they buy him, they can’t register him as a player. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/transfer-news/liverpool-ozan-kabak-transfer-price-21057850.amp?espv=1

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, gurru991 said:

it's very doubtful that LCFC would pay a 21year old prospect 80 large a week. Half of the players would be knocking the door asking for a raise. Too disruptive for the club.

This. And if true - how on earth can someone in such a s**t Schalke side be cheeky enough to demand 80k a week lol He's clearly a talented player, hence the Liverpool loan... But he's not there yet 

Even if we did get him on the cheap, no way we would pay the sort of salary he seems to be asking for. We have older, more experienced players who are not getting that sort of dosh so no chance we break the wage structure for a 21 yo centre back who would not be coming as a first choice over any of those already here and proven.

If he fancies breaking into the PL, then coming here would be a good move for him but he would have to accept that he would not be offered anywhere near that sort of salary initially. If he proves himself after a couple of years then fair enough he would be offered a new deal on increased terms, as have many of our young players such as Maddison, Ndidi (Youri pending) etc

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

The player is not the problem as I said before greedy agent is holding back the deal.

We are not the only team that has shown a interest.

Agent fee is holding back this young man getting a move.

I wonder how ‘unreasonable’ the agent is being ? 

he thinks kabak is worth £20m so the buying club is getting a bargain and why shouldn’t he share in the saved monies. everyone should but if the agent is being unreasonable then that’s not right. 

I'm increasingly in favour of this move. Player with a high ceiling for €8m could be great business. I'm sure something can be worked out with the player and agent. If there's no move then neither get anything and he'll be playing in Bundesliga 2 so I'm sure the club can negotiate a good deal.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder how ‘unreasonable’ the agent is being ? 

he thinks kabak is worth £20m so the buying club is getting a bargain and why shouldn’t he share in the saved monies. everyone should but if the agent is being unreasonable then that’s not right. 

Is there a single "reasonable" agent in the game?

• Like 3

This is a Leicester type signing, and we were linked with him in summers past, before he came to the PL, so good chance we’ve been looking at him for a while. If the salary is in keeping with our current dressing room for the backup role he will realistically be playing, we’d be stupid not to go for him at that price IMO.

Think it will happen, likely later in the window since the agent is playing silly buggers. 

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

This is a Leicester type signing, and we were linked with him in summers past, before he came to the PL, so good chance we’ve been looking at him for a while. If the salary is in keeping with our current dressing room for the backup role he will realistically be playing, we’d be stupid not to go for him at that price IMO.

Think it will happen, likely later in the window since the agent is playing silly buggers. 

Its not the fee ,its his wage demands.. We have got to keep control of our salary bill , it is price you pay for being a top club. 25 years ago Leeds nearly bankrupted themselves over this. .With Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi and Soyuncu needing big salary increases it is getting hard to balance the books.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Its not the fee ,its his wage demands.. We have got to keep control of our salary bill , it is price you pay for being a top club. 25 years ago Leeds nearly bankrupted themselves over this. .With Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi and Soyuncu needing big salary increases it is getting hard to balance the books.

Yep, hence: “If the salary is in keeping with our current dressing room for the backup role he will realistically be playing” 

Just now, Attywolf said:

Not sure I trust the whole wage demand thing as it was first reported by the sun and everyone has been going of that report

I’m with you. It’s all guess work from journos. He won’t even be on that much where he is, they’ve been skint for years! 

1 minute ago, Attywolf said:

Not sure I trust the whole wage demand thing as it was first reported by the sun and everyone has been going of that report

Agreed. Ultimately the player will do what it takes to move from 2nd tier in Germany to the premier league IMO. He will still be getting a sizeable pay rise to do that.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

That's £7.34m! Not bad.

Yeh can't argue with that as a bit of business. If he flops, he is still young enough as a CB and shown enough promise at other clubs, for us to get our money back I would have thought. 

Rodgers is known for working well with youngsters too, so could be a good move for him if it happens 

• Like 2