Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This guy is not Gary Cahill! 

My point is his age. Danny Mills said last night re. CBs. Doesn't matter if their legs have gone. Experience tells them where to go before  the ball gets there, or words to that effect. 

By the way, I'm not against Kabak. 

This guy is 34.

image.thumb.png.87e16e64a55f4356dc15ee663b2815b2.png

7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yeah but for every Bonucci or Chielinni there are 98 Gary Cahill's or Danny Mills.

Gary Cahill can still do a job, he proved it at Palace last season.

Fans turned their nose up at Jonny Evans one time, when we signed Wasilewski I bet fans thought who the fvck is this guy.

All we need is someone who can still do a job if Evans is out, yet some fans seem to think a 21 year old Ozan Kabak is the answer to our prayers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Gary Cahill can still do a job, he proved it at Palace last season.

Fans turned their nose up at Jonny Evans one time, when we signed Wasilewski I bet fans thought who the fvck is this guy.

All we need is someone who can still do a job if Evans is out, yet some fans seem to think a 21 year old Ozan Kabak is the answer to our prayers.

really?! All I remember was everyone saying it was the bargain of the century! Because it literally was lol 3 million broken into 2x payments of 1.5m for a player who nearly went to Arsenal for 25million the season before

I'm nowhere near sad enough to go back to the thread of when we signed him but I am sure 95% were buzzing at the time. 

How is anyone saying Kabak is the answer to our prayers either? It's literally just a 4th choice CB with decent experience and pedigree for a much reduced price due to Schalke's position. 

Cahill is 36 this year. Evans was 29/30 maybe when we signed him? 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

really?! All I remember was everyone saying it was the bargain of the century! Because it literally was lol 3 million broken into 2x payments of 1.5m for a player who nearly went to Arsenal for 25million the season before

I'm nowhere near sad enough to go back to the thread of when we signed him but I am sure 95% were buzzing at the time. 

How is anyone saying Kabak is the answer to our prayers either? It's literally just a 4th choice CB with decent experience and pedigree for a much reduced price due to Schalke's position. 

Cahill is 36 this year. Evans was 29/30 maybe when we signed him? 

We were also linked with him the season beforehand for £30 million, that’s when people were turning their nose up, the way he’s been for us, I would have actually paid it lol 

You seen some of the responses, some fans have an obsession when it comes to signing young talent.

Yes we need a 4th choice centre back, preferably someone who would be a good back up for Evans, if he gets injured again. I’d have Kabak at Leicester, but for the current situation we find ourselves in with our defence, he wouldn’t be a suitable fit.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Who's got an obsession with signing young talent? I think the majority of people in favour of signing Kabak want it done because of the knock-down price, and in spite of his age. If anyone could be accused of being obsessed with anything, it might be you with experience.

Those fans who constantly say that signing young players is our strategy, there’s been a few in this thread. 

I said numerous times that on paper it’s a good deal, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the right deal for us at this moment in time, especially with how our defence currently is.

Anyway, as you’ve mentioned experience, that guy Gary Cahill would be a decent fit :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Those fans who constantly say that signing young players is our strategy, there’s been a few in this thread. 

I said numerous times that on paper it’s a good deal, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the right deal for us at this moment in time, especially with how our defence currently is.

Anyway, as you’ve mentioned experience, that guy Gary Cahill would be a decent fit :whistle:

65 games for England. Last game 2018.Only(!) 35 till December. 

From wiki: 

Cahill is known for his technical ability, powerful heading in defence and attack, volleying, and good tackling.The centre back also has an impressive goal-scoring record from defence.Former Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas said of Cahill, "I think his technical attributes are immense and his pace is fantastic."Despite being a defender, Cahill is noted for his technical ability and distribution, and occasionally, for his finishing prowess, and strength with his head. A quick, consistent and reliable centreback, Cahill is also known for his positioning and his ability to read the game.

Bottom line is: he's free and we only need him when Evans is injured. No brainer. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If we signed Kabak and Johnny broke down almost immediately at the start of the season, would you mind leaving the forum, for the sake of our collective mental health.

Thanks. :D

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, enmac said:

From wiki: 

Cahill is known for his technical ability, powerful heading in defence and attack, volleying, and good tackling.The centre back also has an impressive goal-scoring record from defence.Former Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas said of Cahill, "I think his technical attributes are immense and his pace is fantastic."Despite being a defender, Cahill is noted for his technical ability and distribution, and occasionally, for his finishing prowess, and strength with his head. A quick, consistent and reliable centreback, Cahill is also known for his positioning and his ability to read the game.

Bottom line is: he's free and we only need him when Evans is injured. No brainer. 

Actually the Bottom line is: we haven't been linked to Cahill at all. 

Kabak on the other hand.. hence why he has his own thread :ph34r:

• Haha 1

In my judgment, the name of the game is value. People keep pointing to Evans and talking about the importance of experience, but the reason we went after him was because of the value of the deal. Like Evans, who we were linked with prior to getting him, Kabak is a guy we've monitored and now the price has dropped dramatically and appears to be great value for a young international cb. 

I see this deal more as possible cover for the ascending young defender spot. If Fofana takes another leap this campaign all of the big clubs will be sniffing around. If he gets swayed, it would be great to have the young cb already in to cover for him. I see it similar to us bringing in Soyuncu and Benkovic while still having Maguire. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, enmac said:

From wiki: 

So let me get this straight. We say to Gary Cahill, come sit on our bench just in case Jonny gets injured, will ya? It not like senior pro's are looking for game time or anything...  :rolleyes:

Edited by Dahnsouff

9 hours ago, Walkers said:

If anybody here is sad enough to photoshop a player into another teams kit then can you please block me as i'd rather not know you exist

Whats the stance up updating someone’s Wiki page?

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Actually the Bottom line is: we haven't been linked to Cahill at all. 

Kabak on the other hand.. hence why he has his own thread :ph34r:

I know. Think we should get both. Kabak can spend a year acclimatising. Cahill can rotate with Evans for the season. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

So let me get this straight. We say to Gary Cahill, come sit on our bench just in case Jonny gets injured, will ya? It not like senior pro's are looking for game time or anything...  :rolleyes:

He can rotate with Evans. After watching him during the latter part of last season, I feel more confident in Cahill's fitness. Has Evans had an operation to fix things? Haven't heard anything. If not we're playing roulette with our defence.