Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

1 minute ago, enmac said:

I know. Think we should get both. Kabak can spend a year acclimatising. Cahill can rotate with Evans for the season. 

Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Kabak and Cahill. That's a lot of CB's to keep happy, especially if Rodgers returns to 4 at the back (think he will) 

Momentum seems to be building for Kabak, so I think he will be the CB and then as others have suggested maybe a RW on loan if we are already spent up! 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Kabak and Cahill. That's a lot of CB's to keep happy, especially if Rodgers returns to 4 at the back (think he will) 

Momentum seems to be building for Kabak, so I think he will be the CB and then as others have suggested maybe a RW on loan if we are already spent up! 

Just play Kabak in League cup/early stages of Europa. Soyuncu managed it and he seemed more mature at the same age. 

21 minutes ago, enmac said:

He can rotate with Evans. After watching him during the latter part of last season, I feel more confident in Cahill's fitness. Has Evans had an operation to fix things? Haven't heard anything. If not we're playing roulette with our defence. 

Good question about Evans, not sure. I wonder if we feel experience is/has been gained in both Cags and Wes to not warrant getting a Morgan/Evans replacement in.  :dunno:

Wes cetainly seems more stable? reliable? than Cags, but maybe that is because Cags is so very exciting at times  lol

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He doesn’t even look happy about this in the ****ing photoshops. 

Who the fvck is posting this shit, seriously? 

So embarrassing. Pure Arsenal fan behaviour. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It's really not a lot at all. 5?? You do know there's potentially 50 to 60 games to ply next year if we go far in the cups. Even if we don't play 3 CBs we have to rotate and account for injuries. Evans fitness is unreliable and Soyuncu and Fofana all missed spells last season. 

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's really not a lot at all. 5?? You do know there's potentially 50 to 60 games to ply next year if we go far in the cups. Even if we don't play 3 CBs we have to rotate and account for injuries. Evans fitness is unreliable and Soyuncu and Fofana all missed spells last season. 

We won't be signing 2 CBs. 

Its should be Soyuncu, Evans at the back , if Soumaré plays with Wilf, then Wilf can always drop back if necessary. No need for a fixed three CBs. I am hoping Jonny stays fit the whole season otherwise could be some serious wobbles at the back. With possible 50 games Fofana will get plenty of game time. Kabak(if he comes) is going to have to be very patient.

45 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Cahill?  Where has that come from???  Are we playing 'walking football' next season?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Cahill?  Where has that come from???  Are we playing 'walking football' next season?

He has come up as a suggestion of someone we should sign, no links at all, and is supposedly signing a new deal at Palace anyway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He has come up as a suggestion of someone we should sign, no links at all, and is supposedly signing a new deal at Palace anyway

TFFT.

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Don't ask :facepalm:

Gary Cahill is still a high class player and completely dominant in the air so don't rubbish him. He is not right for us really , but he will still do a good job for somebody.

• Haha 2

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Gary Cahill is still a high class player and completely dominant in the air so don't rubbish him. He is not right for us really , but he will still do a good job for somebody.

High class is probably a stretch, maybe 5 years ago in his best years at Chelsea but now he is nothing more than a bottom half centre back - but still agree he will do a good job for somebody, just not us

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Doesn't make sense that we'd spend so much on CBs when we've got probably the worst collections of wingers the top half of the Premier League has ever seen.

True. Wonder if we are looking at 4-3-3 for next season with Vardy in the centre of Patson and Barnes. Similar to how Liverpool set up 

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Doesn't make sense that we'd spend so much on CBs when we've got probably the worst collections of wingers the top half of the Premier League has ever seen.

A valid point, but if you don't intend to play with natural wingers it's irrelevant.

Just now, STUHILL said:

True. Wonder if we are looking at 4-3-3 for next season with Vardy in the centre of Patson and Barnes. Similar to how Liverpool set up 

Just been having a similar discussion with @Haydos earlier about this. The thought of counter attacks involving Daka and Barnes are pretty exciting

Figured this could be a potential starting line up

Schmeichel

Ricardo
Fofana
Soyuncu
Thomas

Tielemans
Ndidi
Soumare/KDH

Daka
Vardy/Iheanacho
Barnes

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just been having a similar discussion with @Haydos earlier about this. The thought of counter attacks involving Daka and Barnes are pretty exciting

Figured this could be a potential starting line up

Schmeichel

Ricardo
Fofana
Soyuncu
Thomas

Tielemans
Ndidi
Soumare/KDH

Daka
Vardy/Iheanacho
Barnes

Schmeichel

Ricardo/Castagne 
Fofana
Soyuncu/Evans
Justin

Tielemans/Praet
Ndidi
Soumare/Maddison

Daka
Vardy/Iheanacho
Barnes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Good question about Evans, not sure. I wonder if we feel experience is/has been gained in both Cags and Wes to not warrant getting a Morgan/Evans replacement in.  :dunno:

Wes cetainly seems more stable? reliable? than Cags, but maybe that is because Cags is so very exciting at times  lol

Not heard anything, so we must assume no op. If we play a back 3, surely we need 2 CBs as Evans' fitness has put him in the WM category for me.